PDA

View Full Version : Shamed Gladiator Unblockable Gem, Blocked!

DuroNL
05-27-2014, 03:57 AM
Small bug i wanted to report on forums as well.

I was playing a Shamed Gladiator in draft with the Ruby unblockable Gem, i had 3 Ruby threshold and have been attacking my opponent for 4 turns in row and he could not block the Shamed Gladiator.

In opponents turn he played a Tyrannosaurus Hex, i attacked again on my turn with the Shamed Gladiator, and the Tyrannosaurus hex could block my Shamed gladiator.

Since he is a Wild shard troop, and not a Blood or Artifact, it should not be able to block my Gladiator :)
He did not play anything else except the Tyrannosaurus Hex!

Unless i'm missing something, it looks like a bug.

It was in a draft and i'm not sure what it does in constructed, have not been able to reproduce the bug again.

Eierdotter
05-27-2014, 07:04 AM
since you did not post the whole story i fill in the gaps for you

you had RB threshold and played the shamed gladiator

you played some Ruby shards and expected to meet the threshold and attacked

opponent could block your troop because the gem was not active
(known bug, that it is only active when you meet the RR threshold when the troop enters play)

DuroNL
05-27-2014, 08:27 AM
Not sure what you are getting at, but the troop was unblockable for 4 turns in a row, the gem was active when the Gladiator came in play, but some how the Tyrannosaurus Hex disregarded its shard color and just blocked my Gladiator.

Regardless of whether i had 2 Ruby threshold when the Gladiator came in play or not, (which i had) it had been unblockable for at least 4 turns, all his troops where Wild, same as Tyrannosaurus Hex.

Shirik
05-27-2014, 10:26 AM
Not sure what you are getting at, but the troop was unblockable for 4 turns in a row, the gem was active when the Gladiator came in play, but some how the Tyrannosaurus Hex disregarded its shard color and just blocked my Gladiator.

Regardless of whether i had 2 Ruby threshold when the Gladiator came in play or not, (which i had) it had been unblockable for at least 4 turns, all his troops where Wild, same as Tyrannosaurus Hex.
While everything you're saying is true, he's pointing out that this is a known bug where that gem is only active if you had met the threshold requirement when it entered play, which (he claims) you did not.

Eierdotter
05-28-2014, 12:30 AM
sorry if i did not understand the details of your post right.
stuff like shamed gladiator (2 drop) attacked 4 turns (opponent plays a 6 drop) lead me to believe you played teh gladiator turn 2 and did not meet the threshold for the gem. willingly not blocking and could not block is basically teh same from the attackers POV.

If the gladiator was played with BRRR threshold and teh Tyrannosaurus Hex was not a replica this was indeed a strange bug you found.

the opponent was mono wild right? no sapphire for mimic ?

DuroNL
05-28-2014, 08:50 AM
sorry if i did not understand the details of your post right.
stuff like shamed gladiator (2 drop) attacked 4 turns (opponent plays a 6 drop) lead me to believe you played teh gladiator turn 2 and did not meet the threshold for the gem. willingly not blocking and could not block is basically teh same from the attackers POV.

If the gladiator was played with BRRR threshold and teh Tyrannosaurus Hex was not a replica this was indeed a strange bug you found.

the opponent was mono wild right? no sapphire for mimic ?

Ah, i understand :), thanks for the reply!

Yes opponent was mono wild, he had no mimic in deck, opponent also admitted in chat it was weird he could block all of a sudden :)

So i'm guessing this is either a new version, or maybe both me and my opponent did not pay enough attention, where i just assumed i had the threshold and my opponent just assumed he could not block...

but as long as a version of this bug is already known, i'm sure CZE will work it out :)

Xetherion
05-28-2014, 03:08 PM
Hi, I was Duro's opponent in that match. I confirm that I was playing mono wild and I was able to block his troop with the Tyrannosaurus Hex which was not a replica. As he said, it's possible I just assumed I could not block, I only noticed that I could block with the Dino because I had just played it that turn and couldn't attack with it yet (my other troops were always exhausted from attacking). I'm pretty sure he had the required threshold so that the gem should have activated when he played his Shamed Gladiator though. It definitely was not a Turn 2 drop, and IIRC the reason it was played late was because he only had Ruby shards the first few turns and didn't get the Blood shard to play the Gladiator until later.