PDA

View Full Version : AmEx icon just for show?

GPrime
05-29-2014, 07:56 AM
I went to buy some platinum the other day and I saw the American Express icon by the "pay by credit card" button. Thought, "Awesome, I can grab some plat with the AmEx gift card I have lying around." But Gameforge doesn't accept American Express--just Mastercard and Visa for North American players. So what's the AmEx icon there for?

MatWith1T
05-29-2014, 08:00 AM
Don't know if anyone here will be able to help you... payment questions should probably go direct to Support.

GPrime
05-29-2014, 10:48 AM
I don't think anyone can help me, even support. It's probably say above their heads as well.

Just pointing out that it's weird, is all. =P

MatWith1T
05-29-2014, 10:55 AM
If they have the Amex logo, its safe to assume there's some condition that they can take an Amex card... they might be able to charge it from a European locale in Euro, which might incur a foreign transaction fee.

Or they just stupidly tossed up the logo.

Mr.Pockets
06-01-2014, 09:01 PM
I was actually wondering about this too. I payed with my Amex card just fine...only thing is...it has not showed up in my credit card charges yet. (I'm assuming this might just take a few business days since it's over seas)

deejay
06-02-2014, 02:17 AM
I used my Amex (from UK to pay in GBP) and had the same issue with it not on my statement but it did show up ~3 weeks later; probably a record delay for me.