PDA

View Full Version : Blood Savant acting inconsistently

funktion
05-29-2014, 04:50 PM
Searched and was surprised to see that this wasn't posted yet, if it has been then sorry for the extra clutter.

Your Display Name: Funktion
Bug Description: Blood Savant doesn't always ask for priority after activating its ability
Steps to Reproduce:
-Have Blood Savant in play
-Activate its ability
-See whether you were prompted to priority

Frequency: about 40-60% of the time it won't ask me for priority
Additional Information: It seems like clicking on / zooming another card or typing might have been causing it to act differently? I think that was sheer coincidence though really. It makes things rough when it asks you for priority the first time you click it and then the next time it doesn't but you press space bar because you were expecting it and now all of the sudden you're moving into your attack step with a much weaker savant.

Yoss
05-29-2014, 07:02 PM
This happens with multiple activated abilities, like Soul Marble. Sometimes when I activate it, I get priority while it's on chain, sometimes not. Seems totally random to me.

Fenrus
05-29-2014, 07:41 PM
Mystic Spiritwalker's invincibility is another example of this activated ability bug,

Yoss
05-29-2014, 10:47 PM
Mystic Spiritwalker's invincibility is another example of this activated ability bug,

Huh? Isn't that a triggered ability, not activated?

BlackRoger
05-30-2014, 04:08 AM
Huh? Isn't that a triggered ability, not activated?

Regardless, any ability that targets should give a priority window for answers I believe.

ossuary
05-30-2014, 04:26 AM
In my experience, whether or not you get priority to your own activated abilities is a random crapshoot. Your opponent, on the other hand, always gets the chance to respond. It's just that sometimes the system tries to resolve your own abilities without the extra step of you hitting accept on it.

If you need to respond to your own abilities (example: you want to respond to Plan C by casting Comet Strike while Plan C is still on the chain), hold the Ctrl key while you are clicking on Plan C to cast it - you will always get a priority window to your own abilities while holding Ctrl.

MatWith1T
05-30-2014, 06:10 AM
In my experience, whether or not you get priority to your own activated abilities is a random crapshoot. Your opponent, on the other hand, always gets the chance to respond. It's just that sometimes the system tries to resolve your own abilities without the extra step of you hitting accept on it.

If you need to respond to your own abilities (example: you want to respond to Plan C by casting Comet Strike while Plan C is still on the chain), hold the Ctrl key while you are clicking on Plan C to cast it - you will always get a priority window to your own abilities while holding Ctrl.

Damn, wish I knew this yesterday...lost a match to this bug. (Was preventable but I played my cards expecting a priority to show up that never did)

ossuary
05-30-2014, 06:23 AM
Strictly speaking, I believe it is a bug that you sometimes DO get a priority window to your own spells. Activating something that requires a target (should) give yourself a priority window, but just casting a spell like Burn or Oracle Song (again, should) just go straight to your opponent for pass priority without giving you a chance to respond to it.

If you want to respond to your own actions, ALWAYS use the Ctrl key, just in case. :)

Yoss
05-30-2014, 08:55 AM
I just wish it was consistent. That's the bug. I believe the correct way is no priority for you unless you hold CTRL (though with triggers I'm not sure when you'd need to press CTRL).