PDA

View Full Version : Wheel of Fate Sleeves Bug

hammer
05-30-2014, 02:08 AM
I believe that sleeves are bugged on wheels of fate.

Basically the first sleeve you get is duplicated when you get another sleeve drop regardless of the rarity of the sleeve drop you are owed. Therefore without support intervention is isn't possible to get more than 1 different sleeve art from wheels of fate

3 White mushrooms should equal windborne sleeves.
3 red mushroom should equal gladiator sleeves.
3 gold mushrooms should equal colossus sleeves.

So if your first sleeve roll is three reds you will get gladiator - now no matter what colour you subsequently roll you will always get gladiator no chance to get colossus or windbourne.

If you already have sleeves from the Wheels of fate - then the next time you get sleeves look at the colour if it is wrong drop take a screenshot and post in this thread.

hex_colin
05-30-2014, 02:52 AM
I believe that sleeves are bugged on wheels of fate.

Basically the first sleeve you get is duplicated when you get another sleeve drop regardless of the rarity of the sleeve drop you are owed. Therefore without support intervention is isn't possible to get more than 1 different sleeve art from wheels of fate

3 White mushrooms should equal windborne sleeves.
3 red mushroom should equal gladiator sleeves.
3 gold mushrooms should equal colossus sleeves.

So if your first sleeve roll is three reds you will get gladiator - now no matter what colour you subsequently roll you will always get gladiator no chance to get colossus or windbourne.

If you already have sleeves from the Wheels of fate - then the next time you get sleeves look at the colour if it is wrong drop take a screenshot and post in this thread.

We've already established this in 2 other threads on this very forum. :) The HEX team is aware. If you don't get the result you expect, take a screenshot and put in a support ticket.

ossuary
05-30-2014, 03:52 AM
It also appears to be an issue only affecting some people, not everyone, because there are a few people in the Wheels of Fate results thread who have gotten multiple types no problem.

hammer
05-30-2014, 03:57 AM
It also appears to be an issue only affecting some people, not everyone, because there are a few people in the Wheels of Fate results thread who have gotten multiple types no problem.

Interesting I wonder if they are reporting spin results from different accounts. I will have to take a look at the thread.

Voormas
05-30-2014, 04:14 AM
I have put in a support ticket a few days ago (got Wrathwood Colossus Sleeve 3 different times) and they said there was no plan to replace the duplicated sleeves with anything else

edit: specifically
Thank you for contacting HEX Customer Support. Any duplicate sleeves will be automatically removed from your account as they propose no purpose. There are currently no plan to offer alternative rewards in these situations. If you require any further assistance, or have any other questions, please do not hesitate to contact me again.

ossuary
05-30-2014, 04:29 AM
Hmm. That goes counter to what one of the devs said in chat. This sounds like a "support didn't understand, or didn't get the memo" issue again. They think you're saying you want compensation for getting the same sleeves more than once, when you are actually saying you want compensation because you got the wrong sleeves for the spin result you rolled (i.e. you should have gotten Acolyte or Gladiator, but instead you got Wrathwood again).

Hopefully next week's patch will fix this once and for all. :)

hammer
05-30-2014, 04:30 AM
I have put in a support ticket a few days ago (got Wrathwood Colossus Sleeve 3 different times) and they said there was no plan to replace the duplicated sleeves with anything else

edit: specifically

The question is whether the spins was suppose to drop the Wrathwood sleeve each time. I suspect the first spin was three yellow mushrooms and hence the wrathwood sleeves dropped but then the bug hits and now whatever sleeve you roll you always get wrathwood. Do you have video or screenshots of the sleeve drops?

Edit - beaten by ossuary who also explains it better !

Xenavire
05-30-2014, 04:32 AM
You know what bums me out? I can't even remember if any of my rolls should have been a different sleeve. Just hope I am lucky in the future.

Freebird_Falcon
05-30-2014, 08:11 AM
You know what bums me out? I can't even remember if any of my rolls should have been a different sleeve. Just hope I am lucky in the future.

One of the reasons why I stopped rolling until the patch. Sitting on a heap o' gold in anticipation

BossHoss
05-30-2014, 12:31 PM
I can confirm I rolled three gold mushrooms this morning but didn't take a screenshot. I received 5000 gold and Acolyte sleeves

Yoss
05-30-2014, 02:47 PM
One of the reasons why I stopped rolling until the patch. Sitting on a heap o' gold in anticipation

Darn, with the event promo announcement I was going to happily spin away my hoarded gold. Guess I'll hoard a little longer. (200k and counting...)

hammer
05-31-2014, 04:52 PM
Darn, with the event promo announcement I was going to happily spin away my hoarded gold. Guess I'll hoard a little longer. (200k and counting...)

Yoss - you will be fine just screen slot any sleeve drop and run through support

Viziroth
06-01-2014, 12:43 PM
On the topic of sleeve rewards, I think the spin you get from sleeve rewards should be free instead of paid. Since it may as well be a failed spin if you already own the sleeve you won. Or maybe give it a gold reward.

Xenavire
06-01-2014, 12:57 PM
Cory already talked about a fix for the sleeves repeating - it simply rerolls a reward (instantly I assume?) of the same rarity. I guess that means you automatically get a PvE card/Equip/AA card/PvP Card of the same value as the sleeve.

No idea if this will include chest upgrades etc.

Viziroth
06-01-2014, 01:30 PM
Neat, will that be next patch? I'll be saving my rolls then.

Xenavire
06-01-2014, 01:41 PM
Neat, will that be next patch? I'll be saving my rolls then.

He didn't say when, hoping next patch or at least as part of the 'June 18th' patch.

YourOpponent
06-01-2014, 06:36 PM
Cory does say there are plans to fix this in the future. Game Forges support though says nothing will be done though about the duplicate sleeves. Pretty much when I submitted a ticket about the matter they just told me, "Sorry that stinks. You're out of luck." since the duplicate ones get removed from your account as it is....so you lose content and don't get anything for it is pretty disappointing...:( but past that the support for the game is pretty awesome!

Eccy
06-03-2014, 05:07 AM
Cory does say there are plans to fix this in the future. Game Forges support though says nothing will be done though about the duplicate sleeves. Pretty much when I submitted a ticket about the matter they just told me, "Sorry that stinks. You're out of luck." since the duplicate ones get removed from your account as it is....so you lose content and don't get anything for it is pretty disappointing...:( but past that the support for the game is pretty awesome!

+1! Agreed.

Sitting on 3 gladiator sleeves O_o :D Filled a ticket as well - support told me that they are aware and that they are working on it, but cannot reimburst me, it's understanble for me. I'll just keep collecting gold from drafts and save it until this isuue will be fixed then :o

BTW: Got gladiator sleeves from common, uncommon and legendary chest.

Glae
06-04-2014, 05:00 AM
That sucks. The sleeves should be tradeable. Am I the only person who remembers Cory ranting about how he hated this in games?

ossuary
06-04-2014, 05:08 AM
For everything except sleeves, yes. You should pay more attention - he has repeatedly said that he wants there to be SOMETHING in the game that you can only get by getting yourself (i.e. no trading or buying - you can only earn it). That's sleeves, because they don't affect the game, but they still allow you to show off "I was there" or "I did that."

Glae
06-04-2014, 05:09 AM
That's event sleeves. Learn to read.

ossuary
06-04-2014, 05:19 AM
No, it's all sleeves. Take your own advice.

Sleeves will never be tradeable, period. They're not even supposed to stack, so they're going to replace multiples on the WoF with an alternate prize, to make sure you never end up with 2 of the same sleeve and "waste" a reward.

Glae
06-04-2014, 05:29 AM
^Citation needed.

Xenavire
06-04-2014, 05:44 AM
^Citation needed.

There are recorded streams and some posts on the forums - we have the sources if you want them, but I would rather spend my time doing something else. :p