PDA

View Full Version : Cosmic Transmografier bug #2 - Dopplegadget

syphonhail
05-30-2014, 01:33 PM
Your Display Name: Zubrin
Bug Description: When Cosmic Transmografier transforms a dopplegadget that has already copied another artificat, it retains the dopplegadget ability.
Steps to Reproduce: 1) Play dopplegadget
2) copy an artificat with dopplegadget's ability
3) Use cosmic transmorgrafier.
4) Proceed to copy a different artifact
Frequency: I am not sure if this works with a dopplegadget that has not transformed yet.
Additional Information:

This but is either the result of one of two different things:
1) Unclear rules text.
2) Text being coded incorrectly.

In case 2, transmog does not revert a card, so a card with inspired or gained text will stay on it post-transformation. However, the dopplegadget does not suggest that the textual retention is permanent. It seems like to me that the ability was coded identically to an "inspire" effect and is treated as a permanent addition to the card, where it is not clear that this is the case.

However, if dopplegadget is supposed to permanently add the text to the copy it becomes, then the card should say "It permanently gains this power" instead of "It retains this power" for consistency.

Xenavire
05-30-2014, 02:07 PM
'It retains' is the same as saying 'permanent'. It is meant to persist through all transformations, IIRC from Alans thread. I had a fun time testing all of these interactions in alpha haha.