PDA

View Full Version : Slackerbacker Can't Login To Game

Clortbags
05-31-2014, 06:04 AM
Hi there

I'm a slackerbacker but I've never been able to login to the game. I was sent a temporary password or something along time ago after paying the $50 bucks or whatever it was.

Can someone please help me login and get started playing please I always get stuck at "loading data"

Regards Steve

israel.kendall
05-31-2014, 06:21 AM
Are you still trying to use the alpha client by any chance?

Clortbags
05-31-2014, 06:27 AM
Hmm I think I might be but I've always had the same problem, can you provide me with a link to the beta client so I give it a try thankyou :)

israel.kendall
05-31-2014, 06:29 AM
Here you go https://hextcg.com/client-download/

Clortbags
05-31-2014, 06:32 AM
Thanks what should I be using to login to the game, my Hex forum username and password?

I seem to remember something about using your keep name...

israel.kendall
05-31-2014, 06:33 AM
Email address and hex password.

Clortbags
05-31-2014, 06:35 AM
ok thanks lad updating now...

Clortbags
06-01-2014, 12:57 AM
Ok so I've updated to the beta client, repaired the installation but now when I put in my username and password and hit login it jumps straight back to the login screen.

Do I need to get another password or something?

Voormas
06-01-2014, 01:24 AM
Your Hex login is different to your Forum login; if I'm not mistaken whatever the email address you used to purchase Slacker Backer should be the username in Hex, then the password that would have been sent to you

Clortbags
06-01-2014, 01:34 AM
kk so that clarifies things I need to get the password which was originally sent to the email I used to pay for slacker backer, do I need to raise a support ticket or is there a forum admin who can re-issue this for me?

Clortbags
06-01-2014, 01:50 AM
Raised another support ticket regarding this issue but I have made a few in the past with the same request but they've always been ignored.

Really beginning to get frustrated with this I paid a decent amount of money to an indie game that really peaked my interest and here I am 6 months later still scratching around for a password.

hammer
06-01-2014, 02:17 AM
Raised another support ticket regarding this issue but I have made a few in the past with the same request but they've always been ignored.

Really beginning to get frustrated with this I paid a decent amount of money to an indie game that really peaked my interest and here I am 6 months later still scratching around for a password.

You can reset the password here https://hextcg.com/hex-registered/ click forgot password, complete and you will get a reset email, no need to contact support.

Clortbags
06-01-2014, 02:22 AM
^

This was the first thing I tried...

when I use the email address I first registered to the forum with it says password sent and it never arrives.....

When I use the email address I changed my original forum email to and the email I paid for for my slackerbacker with it says, failure issuing reset.

Clortbags
06-01-2014, 02:25 AM
Maybe there's a problem with my account there's no way it should be this complicated to log onto a game! :)

Clortbags
06-01-2014, 03:28 AM
Apparently I don't know & can't reset my forum password either and am only being logged in through a cookie or something...

I just want to play the game I've paid early access for grrr :)

Xenavire
06-01-2014, 03:32 AM
Well, if you wait until monday, DataDragon can probably help (other devs too but he is usually first on the scene.)

Weekends tend to be days off for them. Or this would probably be resolved already.

Clortbags
06-01-2014, 03:36 AM
Ok thanks Xenavire, that's appreciate I'll hang on till monday evening before bumping...

Clortbags
06-01-2014, 03:41 AM
I have managed to reset my forum password and can log in through that but still no access to the game I'm afraid...

israel.kendall
06-01-2014, 05:24 AM
You should have gotten a code in your email you will need to input that code in game.

Clortbags
06-01-2014, 05:31 AM
You should have gotten a code in your email you will need to input that code in game.

Aye that's what I said to you earlier I've not got that code any longer, purged my mailbox at the start of the year, I suspect they'll be able to re-issue me a new code.

Fingers crossed anyway :)

Marsden
06-01-2014, 05:59 AM
The email with your backer code would have been sent to the email address you backed with and not until somewhere at the end of April so you should have the email if you haven't deleted it.

If you have lost it, you should open a ticket at support.hextcg.com with the details of your backing (email address, payment confirmation ID, that sort of thing) and they should sort you out.

Clortbags
06-01-2014, 06:11 AM
Ok I never received anything from cryptozoic this year to my slackerbacker payment email, apart from a password reset message for and a PM from a forum user last night...

The last official comms I had from cryptozoic was confirmation of the payment & initial code/password to my SB email back in september/october last year.

To be honest with you I'm kinda fed up raising support tickets (although I did raise another one last night) I've made 3 or 4 regarding this issue and I've never had a response from any of them, so was just giving the forum one last go before I give up on hex as a bad joke & ultimately a $50 swindle.

I know it's not a great attitude to have but I've been trying to get into this game for 8 months without success and I'm almost out of patience with it...

Xenavire
06-01-2014, 06:29 AM
Well, it might seem like a bad attitude problem, but kicking up a fuss here on the forums (politely, if possible!) does get you noticed by the devs, and they want everyone to be able to get in.

Like I said, DataDragon is your best bet, and he should be there on Monday. Probably in the morning.

Clortbags
06-01-2014, 06:32 AM
Well, it might seem like a bad attitude problem, but kicking up a fuss here on the forums (politely, if possible!) does get you noticed by the devs, and they want everyone to be able to get in.

Like I said, DataDragon is your best bet, and he should be there on Monday. Probably in the morning.

Seems like my best chance eh! :)

mudkip
06-01-2014, 07:04 AM
You aren't copy/pasting the password from the email are you? Because I know that can add an extra character sometimes.

Clortbags
06-01-2014, 07:09 AM
You aren't copy/pasting the password from the email are you? Because I know that can add an extra character sometimes.

Don't have the old email from last year and never received the email from this year either, that seems to be what the problem is :)

Xenavire
06-01-2014, 07:28 AM
Don't have the old email from last year and never received the email from this year either, that seems to be what the problem is :)

Did you ever get in and change your password? Because there was an issue for a few accounts that they didn't get copied over perfectly (passwords reverted to the original email passwords, etc). Of course, if any of those issues applied to you, DataDragon is the guy to talk to (as I have mentioned) as he is some kind of wizard with databases, accounts, etc.

If we can pinpoint where things went wrong in the meantime, it could speed things up when he can take a look at it.

hammer
06-01-2014, 07:43 AM
Did you back by using a gmail account if so check the promotions tab as emails get filtered there

Clortbags
06-01-2014, 07:44 AM
Did you ever get in and change your password? Because there was an issue for a few accounts that they didn't get copied over perfectly (passwords reverted to the original email passwords, etc). Of course, if any of those issues applied to you, DataDragon is the guy to talk to (as I have mentioned) as he is some kind of wizard with databases, accounts, etc.

If we can pinpoint where things went wrong in the meantime, it could speed things up when he can take a look at it.

Yeah I hear you, I've tried my 2 email addys with all the different passwords I use, but I think something has defo went wrong.

I can now log in and out of the forum on my correct email/ password after changing it yesterday.

I can not get the password reset system to send me a forum password for the email I changed my forum account to yesterday (also SB payment email), it comes back with "failure to issue reset" or something like that (gmail)

I can however get the pass reset system to attempt to send an email to the forum address I originally registered with however this mail never arrives checked all my folders etc. (emailaccount.com)

*edit (Prior to changing my forum email addy yesterday the same anomaly with the password reset system persisted)

Outwith that I've lost the original code/password sent to me after buying the slackerbacker last year and have not received the code mentioned by another user in april/may this year.

Confucius mucho!

Did you back by using a gmail account if so check the promotions tab as emails get filtered there

Yeah it's not there I'm afraid if only it was something simple I'd overlooked like that!

Did you ever get in and change your password?

I think I got into the alpha once briefly from the original code/password which is now deleted.

***After speaking to support I think my SB email maybe the emailaccount.com one and not the gmail after all.***

Still looking for some help on this thankyou please! :)

DionyzRex
06-02-2014, 03:37 PM
When did you start entering support tickets about this issue? You should be getting a response back anywhere from 15 minutes to a few days later.

Clortbags
06-02-2014, 05:14 PM
Yeah I got a response from support back from another forum account created as I could not initially log in here, support says they have no record of the .gmail account being a slackerbacker, which means I probably put my emailaccount.com address on the paypal debit card screen.

Makes sense that the password reset system says that it has sent a reset out to the emailaccount.com address but it never arrives, checked all folders.

I can remember now bein in the game at one point for sure last year so I think I'm crawling closer to the answer, I have a ticket in from this main account now, so hopefully it gets's cleared up.

Thought someone from the team would'a been in touch here by now, maybe busy busy bees!

israel.kendall
06-02-2014, 05:33 PM
Hope you get this straightened out soon, it will all be worth it once you get back in!

Clortbags
06-02-2014, 05:57 PM
Finger's crossed didn't get to even complete a full game last year, itching to get started with it!

Xenavire
06-02-2014, 06:14 PM
Yeah I got a response from support back from another forum account created as I could not initially log in here, support says they have no record of the .gmail account being a slackerbacker, which means I probably put my emailaccount.com address on the paypal debit card screen.

Makes sense that the password reset system says that it has sent a reset out to the emailaccount.com address but it never arrives, checked all folders.

I can remember now bein in the game at one point for sure last year so I think I'm crawling closer to the answer, I have a ticket in from this main account now, so hopefully it gets's cleared up.

Thought someone from the team would'a been in touch here by now, maybe busy busy bees!

There is a patch due this week, so they might be busy. :p

Clortbags
06-03-2014, 01:54 PM
Bumping for some assistance please hex team :)

Xenavire
06-03-2014, 02:54 PM
I think the bugs in todays patch might slow things down a little bit. I will help you as much as I can and a Dev should see it soon.

What you could do is go make a thread in bug reports (blame me if you get in trouble) and ask for Rex to pass word onto DataDragon. Then later the threads can get merged/locked, whatever, and you should be in the game.

Clortbags
06-03-2014, 04:27 PM
Thanks for your input Xenavire, I'll do as you suggest tomorrow...

If the password reset system confirms it's sending a mail then they're is the potential for a bug or maybe just a random conflict with this old free emailaccount.

Clortbags
06-07-2014, 10:09 AM
Still looking for some help on this....

Same thread made on this subject last year was also ignored, really disappointed by cryptozoic, they've taken my money and left me hanging!

Xenavire
06-07-2014, 06:02 PM
Still looking for some help on this....

Same thread made on this subject last year was also ignored, really disappointed by cryptozoic, they've taken my money and left me hanging!

This is very strange. It's the weekend again, so no chance of a fix until Monday... I would just PM DataDragon and HexRex, possibly even Chark, or Cory himself. Someone has to be able to help you.

Clortbags
06-08-2014, 03:05 AM
This is very strange. It's the weekend again, so no chance of a fix until Monday... I would just PM DataDragon and HexRex, possibly even Chark, or Cory himself. Someone has to be able to help you.

Raised another ticket yesterday, hopefully I made it a bit clearer to them exactly what the problem was after chewing threw it in this thread and trying various things.

I want to be angry about it but I still want to play and am intrigued by the game more than that!

pfff :)

DataDragon
06-09-2014, 11:11 AM
PM me your email(s) so I can try and find you.
Your forum email is not what is in our system for Hex, so it has to be another email.
I tend to lurk more in the bug forum, so I haven't seen this until today.

Xenavire
06-09-2014, 11:18 AM
Your forum email is not what is in our system for Hex, so it has to be another email.

About time! *Fakes a tantrum*

Glad you are getting this sorted, I felt quite bad for Clortbags, which is why I told him to post in the bug report forum. I can only assume that this matter is as good as closed? :)

Clortbags
06-15-2014, 12:30 PM
When did you start entering support tickets about this issue? You should be getting a response back anywhere from 15 minutes to a few days later.

Hi there started raising support tickets in october 2013 so around 8 months ago..........

The support ticket responses all come back with canned responses that do not address the issue they advise me to go to the password reset page (which advises the mail has been sent but never arrives)

Thanks for taking an interest in the issue DionyzRex.

I just want to play the game I paid early access for 9 months ago :)

Clortbags
06-15-2014, 12:36 PM

Thanks DD have sent you my details just now, busy moving house right now so hadn't checked the thread for a good few days :)

DataDragon
06-16-2014, 11:41 AM
After poking around in Clort's account, it unfortunately looks like you need support's help to figure out why you aren't getting your emails.
Everything on our side has your correct information, and you are set as a valid user.
Somehow, you aren't getting emails sent to your email address, and I see no reason why that is.
Perhaps your email provider doesn't like us? Maybe you can change your email address?

Clortbags
06-17-2014, 06:56 AM
After poking around in Clort's account, it unfortunately looks like you need support's help to figure out why you aren't getting your emails.
Everything on our side has your correct information, and you are set as a valid user.
Somehow, you aren't getting emails sent to your email address, and I see no reason why that is.
Perhaps your email provider doesn't like us? Maybe you can change your email address?

Do you have the link to the page I can change my account email address please?

To be honest I'm kinda done contacting support I've been making tickets for nearly 9 months now The support ticket rqueries all come back with canned responses that do not address the issue they advise me to go to the password reset page (which advises the mail has been sent but never arrives)

I'd hoped after sending 20/30 tickets I would have eventually got someone who knew how to fix it but alas no, the never arriving email seems to have bamboozled cryptozoic!

Clortbags
06-17-2014, 06:58 AM
Also I had no problem receiving the first cryptozoic early access password to that email account so not sure what the issue is now? :)

Clortbags
06-17-2014, 10:08 AM
So I managed to find my old initial temporary password from a support ticket from last year!

That'll work eh ?!

Oh wait no it doesn't.

I give up I don't want to play this game anymore....

DataDragon
06-17-2014, 11:13 AM
You appear to be in some sort of weird email black hole. We'll get you set up on one of your other emails, I think, and see if that works better.
Currently escalating so we can resolve this mess.

Clortbags
06-18-2014, 11:01 AM
Thanks for that, give me a shout if you manage to come up with anything :)

Clortbags
06-23-2014, 05:34 AM
Any update on how things are coming along DD I've got the itch to play :)

DataDragon
06-23-2014, 12:23 PM
You have a PM about it now.

Clortbags
06-23-2014, 03:02 PM
This matter has been resolved thanks! :)

Gwaer
06-23-2014, 04:05 PM
Oh god. That orange is eye killing, take it away!