PDA

View Full Version : Replicator's Gambit added text

Marsden
06-01-2014, 12:06 PM
Replicator's Gambit says:

Shuffle target troop you control into your deck. It gets permanent "When this troop enters play create six replicas of it and put them into play." Draw a card.

A card affected by Replicator's Gambit gains the text:

When this troop enters play, if you played it from your hand, create six copies of it and put them into play.

The part in bold should really be in the text on Replicator's Gambit because e.g. when you play Eye of Creation and pull out the replicated creature the Replication doesn't work.

Xenavire
06-01-2014, 01:05 PM
Yeah, this is one thing that should be fixed ASAP - most people do know how it works, but we will be seeing a lot of new players soon...

There is absolutely no reason to have conflicting text if we can avoid it.

ylhos
06-02-2014, 05:01 AM
Oh damn... that sucks... I had so many ideas with Replicator's Gambit :(

(Still a great card though!)

Incindium
07-05-2014, 08:39 PM
So is that proper behavior? Cause I replicated a card that already had replicators gambit text applied to it and pulled it with the draw and I think it generated 12 instead of 6x6=36?

ossuary
07-05-2014, 08:44 PM
I don't know why you would think it would multiply them.

It adds the "create six copies" text twice, so it creates six copies... twice. :)

Incindium
07-05-2014, 10:42 PM
But the card it copied already had the text so each of the copies should technically generate six copies in addition to the twelve... So shouldn't it be 12x6?

Edit: Actually it would enter a recursive loop now that I think about it if it worked the copies with the text applied as well so I guess best that it doesn't work that way.

ossuary
07-06-2014, 02:43 AM
They are not copies, they are replicas. And replicas are vanilla versions of the original card. If you cast replicator's gambit on one of the replicated robots, it wouldn't even have the replicator's gambit card text on it, so you'd end up with just 6 copies in that case. If you double-replicator the original troop, it would have the replicator's text twice, and you would get 12 robot replicas instead of 6.

At no point is there any multiplication or recursion.

Xenavire
07-06-2014, 03:33 AM
You know what would be fun in PvE? Mirror blade. Add the gambit text to every copy (well, original 4) of a troop in your deck. So each time it gets a little crazier...

First time, you shuffle the troop back in. Awesome.
Second time, you have 6 replicas. Shuffle the troop back in. Sweet.
Third time, you have 18 total replicas. Shuffle the troop back in. This is getting crazy.
Final time. You have 36 total replicas. Shuffle it back in. This is officially crazy, plus each copy of the troop in your deck creates 24 replicas each.

PvE is going to be so much fun.

Incindium
07-06-2014, 08:16 AM
They are not copies, they are replicas. And replicas are vanilla versions of the original card. If you cast replicator's gambit on one of the replicated robots, it wouldn't even have the replicator's gambit card text on it, so you'd end up with just 6 copies in that case. If you double-replicator the original troop, it would have the replicator's text twice, and you would get 12 robot replicas instead of 6.

At no point is there any multiplication or recursion.

Ah replica = vanilla version of original card is the part I was missing. No need to get all goosey about it.

ossuary
07-06-2014, 09:03 AM
That wasn't my derogatory voice, it was my rules lawyer voice. :)