PDA

View Full Version : Draft Tracking Spreadsheet

Raith
06-02-2014, 08:15 AM
I know a bunch of people track there draft results in spreadsheets, but I haven’t seen too many out there for people to use. My buddy Yoyodyne and I put together a google spreadsheet to track our results. He released a link in a twitch stream (Havoc’s I think) the other day so apparently it’s ‘ready’ for public use. :) I cleaned it up a little and moved a couple things around trying to make it easier to use. Here is the link.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AuhXKQCwdsUfdFU2ekxFUVkwYTFQbUcxUXRZMUl4Q nc&usp=sharing

To create a version, if you are logged into google drive, you can use -> Select ‘File’ -> ‘Make a copy’. Otherwise, you can download it to excel. This should have all the drop downs and allow you to enter your own info.

It started as just tracking dates of the drafts, draft #, our wins, and deck descriptions. Pretty early on we added in information about opponents decks and got more detailed about our deck types. Several iterations later we got to this format which has a ton of info from every match and overall win percentages. It may seem a little daunting to add in all that info, but most of is accomplished through drop down menus (you will only see the drop down options if you copy the spreadsheet into your own google doc). And given the downtime in drafts it goes very quickly.

Even if you don’t want to keep track of everything, I think it’s extremely useful to know the date and draft number for potential problems. It’s also very useful to see how you are doing in drafts. The results at the top are all automated based on inputs in the ‘Draft Type’ column and the ‘Packs Won’ column. You can see number of wins, win percentage and even your pack win ratio. Any primals won can also be manually entered.

Note: There are some hidden columns out to the right that I use to aggregate this data so don’t delete anything out past the ‘Problems’ column.

The other columns are optional, but can be very informative. Yoyodyne and I have almost 200 drafts between us and using pivot tables we can see how each shard color we used in our decks is performing. We can also see results broken down by shard combinations, as well as deck type or deck synergy. I don’t know how much it helps in future drafts, but it’s cool to look at. :) I also like to see how many legendary/rares I get from each draft. It makes the first round losses a little easier to bear if I see that I pulled a legendary and 5 rares.

Anyways, the more info you put in, the more you can potentially do with it later. We decided to record a lot of info and I’m happy we did. I know it’s not completely user friendly, but enjoy using the spreadsheet if that is something you are interested in.

Vos
06-02-2014, 08:21 AM
Drop down entry is the coolest.

nicosharp
06-02-2014, 09:00 AM
Pretty good format. A bit too much information for me. I'm using a modified list now, that I just started tracking for on Saturday. I am embedding screenshots now for each draft played to capture my deck and my cards.

Kroan
06-02-2014, 09:32 AM
non0nsn3nse has a really cool sheet I copied. You can check it out here (with some changes I made, but nothing big)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eKPzt7I3cYxWsTdbj9IKKzbLte8DStpGVneJ1A4rbOs/edit#gid=0

nicosharp
06-02-2014, 09:51 AM
non0nsn3nse has a really cool sheet I copied. You can check it out here (with some changes I made, but nothing big)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eKPzt7I3cYxWsTdbj9IKKzbLte8DStpGVneJ1A4rbOs/edit#gid=0
That is very clean Kroan. Thanks for the link. I may convert.

Kami
06-02-2014, 09:54 AM
If only this existed before I started drafting. Now my OCD tendencies won't let me use it because I will have incomplete data. ^^:

Kroan
06-02-2014, 09:59 AM
If only this existed before I started drafting. Now my OCD tendencies won't let me use it because I will have incomplete data. ^^:

You could start using it with Set 2 ofc :P

That is very clean Kroan. Thanks for the link. I may convert. Don't thank me, thank non0nsn3nse

Raith
06-02-2014, 11:10 AM
Cool. Thanks for the link of the spreadsheet from non0nsn3nse. I definitely like some things in there that I may eventually include in mine. What you like all comes down to preference, but regardless of how anyone records games, I think it is very educational if you plan to draft a lot.

Lol, Kami. I might be the same way if I didn't start from the beginning.

Eierdotter
06-03-2014, 12:23 AM
i am glad i recorded at least the rank i finished of all drafts i played
now after like 45 drafts i started to track decktypes too...
seems i have to track opponent decks too now and take some information from these sheets

thanks for sharing the links