PDA

View Full Version : Buggy AI - do devs still want us to report?

MatWith1T
06-02-2014, 10:04 AM
At this point, it is known that the AI is bugged. Do you want us to still report bugged games vs the AI to provide more data, or is it just creating excessive bug reports for the team to sift through to find things that still need fixing?

DionyzRex
06-02-2014, 10:13 AM
Yes, the AI is placeholder right now and has a lot of issues. We do not need any further reports of what's wrong with it, as we are replacing the -entire- AI system and the bug reports are superfluous. <3

Xenavire
06-02-2014, 10:38 AM
Yes, the AI is placeholder right now and has a lot of issues. We do not need any further reports of what's wrong with it, as we are replacing the -entire- AI system and the bug reports are superfluous. <3

Curse you and your tight tongue, why won't you drop hints about when 2.0 will land!? *grumbles and kicks a can in disappointment*

mach
06-02-2014, 11:17 AM
Curse you and your tight tongue, why won't you drop hints about when 2.0 will land!? *grumbles and kicks a can in disappointment*

I think the implication is that 2.0 is coming with the starter trials. This makes a lot of sense, since the effort required to make the current AI good enough would be wasted.

Xenavire
06-02-2014, 11:19 AM
I think the implication is that 2.0 is coming with the starter trials. This makes a lot of sense, since the effort required to make the current AI good enough would be wasted.

Yes, but the more info we have on the subject, the better. There is still the possibility of the AI being the same as the current one, with a few simple bugfixes.

I just want a straight answer, or at least a juicy hint. :D

mach
06-02-2014, 11:29 AM
Yes, but the more info we have on the subject, the better. There is still the possibility of the AI being the same as the current one, with a few simple bugfixes.

I'm eliminating that possibility on the grounds that it would be stupid of them to do it that way and they're not idiots. You don't want the first impressions of new players to be "wow, this AI sucks."

I think that a big part of the goal of starter trials is to start gathering data on the new AI, so it will be good when PvE lands.