PDA

View Full Version : Clock Bug during Draft tournament

Bells
06-02-2014, 05:29 PM
So, i just lost a Draft Tournament because my Clock didn't reset between matches... so i started my 3rdc match with 5 minutes on the clock to play it before i could noticed something was wrong. By the time i had 40 seconds life in my clock... there was no way to finish the game.

Should i open a ticket for this? I did lose because of this... dunno if this would be considered a bug that harmed me as a player since that costed me my Entry fee for the Draft... (which was my kickstarter ticket)

Xenavire
06-02-2014, 07:04 PM
So, i just lost a Draft Tournament because my Clock didn't reset between matches... so i started my 3rdc match with 5 minutes on the clock to play it before i could noticed something was wrong. By the time i had 40 seconds life in my clock... there was no way to finish the game.

Should i open a ticket for this? I did lose because of this... dunno if this would be considered a bug that harmed me as a player since that costed me my Entry fee for the Draft... (which was my kickstarter ticket)

So you made it through all your games, waited in the lobby for the next round, and then ended up with a super low timer?

If all of that applies, then yes, a support ticket is absolutely what you need to do (free ticket or not, they will want to replace it for something like this.)

Incindium
06-02-2014, 07:28 PM
You only get 30 mins total for best of 3 matches per round in draft. So if your third match in the first round started with only 5 minutes that would be proper behavior.

Bells
06-02-2014, 08:15 PM
You only get 30 mins total for best of 3 matches per round in draft. So if your third match in the first round started with only 5 minutes that would be proper behavior.

Not really my case, but i didn't knew of this anyways... still... it... well... to be completely honest that sounds like BS to me. I Know that it's there to make sure games move along and don't get trapped in an infinite void of time, but really think clocks should reset to full after each game. I mean, it's a new game. Even if it's best out of 3.

Yoss
06-02-2014, 09:36 PM
1 hour per match maximum (split 30/30). Anything longer is crazy talk.

Eierdotter
06-03-2014, 12:41 AM
you have 30 mins per match (1 match is best 2 out of 3) so the draft has a limit of
(3*30)*2 =180 minutes for the actual games + 2 minutes between rounds
thats already 3 hours for 1 draft
if you have 30 minutes per game a draft could take up to 9 hours

the 30 minutes are fine, as a normal player with a normal deck you should not take more than 15-20 minutes of your clock for 3 games
if you are a slowpoke, sitting in a stall game, or you have to read each card, it hurts your time for obvious reasons. no one to blame here.

out of curiosity how much time did your opponent have?