PDA

View Full Version : Draft Tournament Completion Rate?

knightofeffect
06-02-2014, 08:53 PM
I've tried to play three drafts in the last couple weeks and two have bugged after the first round with one bugging as the finals were trying to start. Admittedly, that isn't a huge sample size, but sinking 5+ hours into draft with little to show for it (was not rare drafting) is somewhat aggravating.

I was just wondering if I was getting unlucky, or if drafts are not commonly finishing.

Thanks.

sukebe
06-02-2014, 09:19 PM
I have had 1 draft out of my last 30 or so bug out. I had another that kicked me but I just logged right back into the game and reconnected so I am not counting that one. My family member who also plays hex has been kicked out of a draft twice but was able to get back into one of them.

Also keep in mind that if your draft "bugs out" you can put in a support ticket and they will compensate you with a draft ticket. If you take note of the time and your draft # they tend to get back to you in 1 business day.

majin
06-02-2014, 09:26 PM
played 42 drafts, only 1 bugged out

FireOnHigh
06-02-2014, 09:30 PM
Out of my 12 drafts I haven't had one bug out completely.

Werlix
06-02-2014, 09:35 PM
I've had 1 draft out of 10 bug out

Yoss
06-02-2014, 09:37 PM
I've had zero bug out from more than 10 played.

Incindium
06-02-2014, 09:55 PM
I've had 8 drafts with issues that I submitted tickets for out of 42 played. Hopefully today's patch reduces the frequency of issues. Only 2 I think were issues with the draft not working at all or crashing.

Svenn
06-02-2014, 10:01 PM
I've drafted 15-20 times and haven't had a single bugged draft yet.

ylhos
06-02-2014, 10:09 PM
Do not get discouraged.

When I started drafting, my VERY FIRST TWO drafts, bugged out at the very start of the first game. I couldn't enter the game board UI. I was just in the lobby, while my opponent watched my timer go out. Needless to say I lost both drafts with out playing a single card. This really pissed me off and didn't bother with Hex for awhile.

One boring afternoon, I decided to give it another whirl, and thankfully had no issue whatsoever. Since then I have had maybe about 5%-10% of the games bugged out (from minor to major). They've also made the reconnecting feature work (though in doing so, removes chat). So overall, t's been generally pleasant.

sukebe
06-02-2014, 10:13 PM
Turns out I have submitted 3 tickets to support for bugged out tournaments (not sure why I only remembered 1).

I don't know about anyone else but it doesn't bother me when my draft bugs out since it just means I get a chance to draft again for free. This is closed beta so the more bugs we can help them find and eliminate the better right :-)

Of course, since I do not mind when they bug out on me they almost never do. Thankfully when it comes to tournaments it is a win/win thanks to their great customer support.

On a related note, I always note down the tournaments ID number when I draft in case something goes wrong. If something does go wrong I write down the time it bugged out. I heard this helps them find the problem and might be why I have only had to wait 1 business day to get compensated for a bugged tournament.

Kroan
06-02-2014, 10:48 PM
Not a single draft has bugged out for me. You're extremely unlucky or there is something wrong on your end and you're the whole reason the tournaments bug out in the first place.

Eierdotter
06-03-2014, 12:27 AM
played ~ 70 drafts and finished all of them, but i only played one last week
maybe related to latest patch/ new player numbers?

Eccy
06-03-2014, 12:43 AM
30.5.2014 - 9:30 (GMT+2)
Single Elimination Draft
Drafting & deck building went fine.
First round very laggy, second round "UNABLE TO START A MATCH. TRY AGAIN LATER." - automatic loss.

30.5.2014 - started 19:05 (GMT+2)
Single Elimination Draft.
Drafting & deck building went fine.
1.st game round 1 without any lags.
2.nd game round 2 with some mediocore lags - overally playable. I am ousted, but before timer went dry.

30.5.2014 - started 20:25 - (GMT+2)
Cannot enter to the drafting phase... had to relog immediately and when I finally got in, already had 2 bad cards. Nothing game-breaking, just sad. Rest of drafting & deck building went fine with only minor lags.
1.st game round 1 without any lags - very swift.
2.nd game round 2 with some lags - but overally playable. At one turn I cannot play any cards during the the second main phase - not sure why (didn't click on end that phase, ie. Call the Grave/Incubation Slave).

30.5.2014 - started 21:29 (GMT+2)
Drafting fine & deck building went fine.
1.st game round 1 without any lags.
1.st game round 2 with only a with minor lags.

30.5.2014 - started 22:31 (GMT+2)
Drafting fine & deck building went fine.
1.st game round 1 with some lags - but overally playable.
1.st game round 2 with only minor lags - playable.

31.5.2014 - started 21:45 (GMT+2)
Drafting & deck building went fine - experienced few minor lags/delays like 2-3sec tops after taking a card from booster.
1.st game round 2 without any lags - very swift.
2.nd game round 1 without any lags - very swift.
2.nd game round 2 without any lags - very swift.
3.rd game round 1 without any lags - very swift.
3.rd game round 2 without any lags - very swift.
3.rd game round 3 without any lags - very swift.

1.6.2014 - started 19:53 (GMT+2)
Drafting & deck building went fine - experienced few minor lags/delays like 2-3sec tops after taking a card from booster.
3.rd game round 1 without any lags - very swift.
3.rd game round 2 without any lags - very swift.

2.6.2014 - started 06:38 (GMT+2)
Drafting - missed the first card from first booster due server lag/delay. At the end of second booster I've got a random card from the offer (probably another lag/delay). Deck building went fine.
1.st game round 1 - Starting a game - the universe window took more a minute to dissepear. My opponent couldn't enter the game even after relogging.
1.st game round 2 - "UNABLE TO START A MATCH. TRY AGAIN LATER." message popped out. -> undeserved win for me.
2.nd game round 1 - cannot enter the match, had to relog. I was unable to log in - logging screen stuck even when the bar was filled, waited around 8 minutes. Restarting client. After restart I am stuck in the lobby, cannot progress in draft.

Server is extremely laggy - chat messages took minute or so to appear, infinite loading the Proving Grounds etc. - unplayable for me at that time.

2.6.2014 - started 11:15 (GMT+2)

2.6.2014 - started 13:28 (GMT+2)

2.6.2014 - 23:10 (GMT+2)
1.st game round 1 - starting a game - the universe window took more a minute to dissepear. Game suffered from heavy lags - hardly playable, for example at the start I had to wait until I draw my starting hand for a minute and half. Sometimes I had to wait for like 30-50sec to pass priority - especially at the discard/syncing phase. Sometimes my timer is going on even I can't do anything. Sometimes timers show 00:00 on both sides.
1.st game round 2 - "Unable to start a match. Try again later message poped out." - Automatic undeserved win.
2.nd game round 1 - my opponent was unable to enter the match "Unable to start a match. Try again later message poped out." and after the 5min timer he lost a round.
2.nd game round 2 - "Unable to start a match. Try again later message poped out." - Game stucked, I forfeited the draft - completely unplayable, too many errors, waste of time.

Unfortunately don't have data from previous drafts, but situation was mostly similar if not worse. I estimate the good/bad drafts (buggy/laggy/delayed) to 65:35 - 75:25 ratio for me. I think that it is caused mostly by huge delays by server to/from me, not the client - but I may be wrong ofc.

BlackRoger
06-03-2014, 01:45 AM
Ive had 4 problematic drafts out if 40+. not a big deal and got refunded when I requested it.

knightofeffect
06-03-2014, 08:56 AM
Please don't get me wrong, I certainly agree that CZE is handling everything as well as possible with their reimbursement policy, bugged out drafts were just hurting the joy of accomplishment (and gold to roll chests :P).

I guess it's possible that I am the cause of the buggy drafts if something recent affected my account (like the traveling dead game virus of old), but I'm probably just getting unlucky recently. My first few beta drafts got to finals with no problems. I was just wondering if something had been introduced in the meantime that had reduced stability. I'm happy to hear that is not the case.

Coincidently, on this last one, when I got the "game unable to start message", I repeatedly relogged which would allow me to reconnect to the game but resulted in a crazy non-starting game state. I then just crashed the client for the night, filled out my ticket and went to bed. This morning game forge informed me that I had been awarded first place for the tournament so no reimbursement is required... I'll take it! =D

Daer
06-03-2014, 09:20 AM
Played 38 drafts only 1 has bugged and that seemed to be because my opponent disconnected while our game was starting.

Xenavire
06-03-2014, 09:30 AM
I have played around 20ish drafts, and only had 2 bug out (and one bugged after I was eliminated.) The first one was before drafts were stable (the time where they came up and then went right back down an hour later.) The other was about 2 days after that.

Hexgo
06-03-2014, 09:34 AM
43 drafts, 0 bugged.
in one some other guy bugged out before we got placed in the finals. eventually he could reconnect and we could end the tournament without any problems.

Some people really lag alot altough.

NoahBuddy
06-03-2014, 09:58 AM
it always surprised me when i see someone in chat talking about bugged drafts. i have played 20+ and not one has ever bugged.

hex_colin
06-03-2014, 10:21 AM
I'm running at ~3% bugged drafts (with a pretty bug sample size across my accounts). Not worth worrying about, especially since the HEX team is being more than generous if you do encounter a bugged draft.

What's more likely is that the folks experiencing the most issues have problematic internet connections - either slow and/or intermittent.

vulture27
06-03-2014, 01:23 PM
I've had 4 of 52 drafts bug. I only reported 3 of them. The last one the bug caused me to take 1st place so it certainly didn't hurt me any.

dasn00b
06-04-2014, 01:59 AM
I've had only 2 out of 10 drafts run properly and smoothly (meaning no bugs, no disconnects, no/insignificant lag issues). I've suffered disconnects twice, and 3 of my drafts had bugs (2 of them featuring game-breaking bugs forcing me to concede games/matches).

Simo46
06-04-2014, 02:01 PM
I've probably done 10, only my first two had significant bugs but I was compensated with draft tickets no dramas. Wouldn't hesitate recommending them at this point

Thraeg
06-04-2014, 04:17 PM
I've bugged on 2 drafts out of the 30-ish I've played.

Gorgol
06-04-2014, 04:37 PM
2 bugs out of 37 drafts

The_Lannisters
06-06-2014, 05:29 PM
I've just written my 6th ticket. Not sure how many drafts I've played in total though. I guess about 30-40.

majin
06-10-2014, 04:08 AM
on my last 4 drafts, bugged on the latest when i was waiting for the finals to start

hakeswill
06-10-2014, 04:45 AM
0/37 bugged out drafts. My only bugged out draft was day 1, when all the drafts crashed. My only other problem was a buzzard that refused to be cast from my hand in round 1. I boarded him out, and won games 2 and 3.

GK, pro, pro, king

Serax
06-10-2014, 11:47 AM
40+ drafts played 3 bugged out less than 1%, I can live with that, especially since game forge compensated me for all three bugged tournaments.