06-03-2014, 10:34 AM
Tournaments

Swiss Drafts are now available
Fixed some layering issues with the tournament queue window
You can now chat while queued for a tournament
Tournament rewards window UI has been updated
You can now select sleeves for decks in Limited tournaments
Tournament timer now correctly ticks down while in the Reserves UI
“Next Round” timer no longer is displayed after a tournament completes due to forfeits
Players are no longer incorrectly allowed to make changes to their deck or champion during Limited tournaments between rounds. When players create their decklist before the tournament, they are supposed to start with that deck in the beginning of each round and then use their reserves between games. Once you choose a Champion, that is you– the player– and should not change.

Store

Added a confirmation step when buying multiples of a product
Fixed the display of the quantity of Primal Packs received
You can now open a custom number of packs instead of just 1 or 10
Wheels of Fate icons should now be colored properly in every instance
Resolved an issue where Wheels of Fate prize UI wasn’t refreshing properly
Wheels of Fate prize legend wording has been made more clear, no prizes were changed
3 Red Hearts result on Wheels of Fate now properly awards an extra booster pack in all cases
You can now spin a chest when you have exactly the amount of gold required

General

Players should no longer need to relaunch the client to see some rewards
You will no longer receive an audio notification for every new line in chat
You can now properly pass priority after reconnecting to a game
Script text no longer appears when resizing chat window
Resolved a layering issue with Test Draw
Players can no longer accidentally pass priority while zoomed in on a card
Chat box settings now close when chat closes
Made it easier to link cards in chat
Resources should now sort to the top in most cases
We have toned down the mouse cursor strength; you should no longer be able to break the Chat window into multiple parts
Logging out and back in will no longer visually look like a players items have been duplicated
Reworked the audio system. You may notice some sounds added, changed or missing
Resolved some layering issues with the Victory/Defeat UI
Changing between “Deck” and “Reserves” no longer prompts a save when loading another deck
Gems are now listed more clearly
The left most number of a player’s platinum is no longer sometimes cover by the platinum icon
Chat text can no longer be incorrectly displayed outside of the chat box
Reconnecting to a game no longer causes the UI to graphically bounce repeatedly
Adjusting chat opacity now correctly adjusts the opacity of the friends list in the chat window

Gameplay

Standard Resources are no longer tracked as normal cards, all new players will have the same amount of resources
Headless Executioner will now properly display the ‘This troop cannot block’ text in all cases (This is a display change)
Cards with multiple activated abilities (Living Totem, Stargazer, etc.) now have a tooltip when their effect is on the chain so you can tell which ability was activated
Boldheart now puts the correct text on His Majesty, King Gabriel (This is a display only change)
Runic Monolith and Menacing Gralk’s exhaust abilities now function properly
Transformed cards no longer retain uniqueness
‘At end of turn’ effects now behave properly when they happen during the end phase
Alternate Art Pack Raptors will now create alternate art copies of themselves
Cards affected by Mimic now correctly display as robot replicas immediately
Correct player is now losing time during cards that have reveal effects
Cards no longer remain highlighted while other cards are being resolved on the chain
Exhausted activated power troops no longer remain highlighted after their power is used
Wild Growth now correctly reduces its cost to zero and cannot go below that
Corrupted Afterlife no longer incorrectly buffs Jadiim with the cost of the troops that are transformed
Replicas created by Mimic and Replicator’s Gambit can no longer incorrectly be reverted to their non-replica card form

Known Issues

When using the ‘Turn off Filters’ button, it can cause a card collection display issue. Note, the server still knows the correct numbers and closing your client will fix it
The effect that Replicator’s Gambit adds to troops will not fire if the troop dies to state-based effects before it triggers
Troops are keeping gem effects through transformation
Swiss prizing is not 1 pack per win. Currently 1st-7th get 3-2-2-2-1-1-1 packs.
The Wheels of Fate will currently spin endlessly when you land on the single red eye. You will receive your reward, but you'll have to leave the screen and come back

mach
06-03-2014, 10:55 AM
Players are no longer incorrectly allowed to make changes to their deck or champion during Limited tournaments between rounds. When players create their decklist before the tournament, they are supposed to start with that deck in the beginning of each round and then use their reserves between games. Once you choose a Champion, that is you– the player– and should not change.

This is fine for high-level competitive events, but for stuff like Swiss queues I think this is a really bad idea. Being able to adjust your deck between rounds is very helpful for new players.

Chark
06-03-2014, 11:48 AM
This is fine for high-level competitive events, but for stuff like Swiss queues I think this is a really bad idea. Being able to adjust your deck between rounds is very helpful for new players.

It creates weird incentives in the following scenario:

I am in a semis against a player who drafted robots. I am losing.
I contact the guy who won the other semi finals match and tell him that his opponent in the finals will be playing robots.
The other guy in the finals rebuilds their deck during round 2 to be specifically geared to beat robots.

mach
06-03-2014, 12:27 PM

I contact the guy who won the other semi finals match and tell him that his opponent in the finals will be playing robots.
The other guy in the finals rebuilds their deck during round 2 to be specifically geared to beat robots.

That's exactly why I agree with the new system for tournaments aimed at competitive players. For tournaments aimed at newer/less-experienced players (such as the new Swiss drafts), I think the advantage of allowing players to correct deckbuilding mistakes after the first match is far more important.

sukebe
06-03-2014, 12:35 PM
That's exactly why I agree with the new system for tournaments aimed at competitive players. For tournaments aimed at newer/less-experienced players (such as the new Swiss drafts), I think the advantage of allowing players to correct deckbuilding mistakes after the first match is far more important.

it would require creating another set of rules however. It is best to have just one set of rules for all tournaments. This is in the best interest of all players, new and experienced. Why make the new players learn another set of rules when they want to try to play the more difficult formats?

Thraeg
06-03-2014, 12:48 PM

Agreed. Realizing that you made a deck construction mistake and have to suffer from it in the first game of every match is demoralizing for new players, and denies opportunities for them to learn and adjust as they go. Locking in the champion is fine, but I don't see the harm in allowing deck changes between rounds for casual Swiss tournaments. The abuse cases (finding out the deck of your likely opponent and pre-sideboarding against it) shouldn't really be an issue with the casual style.

benczi
06-03-2014, 12:53 PM
The store bug about not being able to buy platinum is still not fixed. I guess if you don't want my money then I won't be playing ... witch is kinda sad, but oh well.

Ju66ernaut
06-03-2014, 01:05 PM
Can I request a larger hit box for the Bin during drafts?

Marsden
06-03-2014, 01:10 PM
The store bug about not being able to buy platinum is still not fixed. I guess if you don't want my money then I won't be playing ... witch is kinda sad, but oh well.

I've not heard about that bug at all. I think some people had issues with it opening a browser window but that was fixed by setting a default browser?

EntropyBall
06-03-2014, 01:20 PM
Agreed. Realizing that you made a deck construction mistake and have to suffer from it in the first game of every match is demoralizing for new players, and denies opportunities for them to learn and adjust as they go. Locking in the champion is fine, but I don't see the harm in allowing deck changes between rounds for casual Swiss tournaments. The abuse cases (finding out the deck of your likely opponent and pre-sideboarding against it) shouldn't really be an issue with the casual style.

I don't think this is a huge deal for Swiss either way you go, but new players can still learn and adjust after the first game of each match. It also is one less change that has to be explained to people as they move from Swiss to regular draft.

Xenavire
06-03-2014, 02:47 PM

Seconded.

hammer
06-03-2014, 03:31 PM

I am calling foul play - this is a buff to Cory - now I cant tweak my deck in response to @coryhudsonjones tweets about drafting 6repels.dec, 6Shardoffateshephered.dec and any other crazy draft deck exploits that he cares to dream-up :p

Chark
06-03-2014, 04:29 PM

Thirded. And added to the list.

poizonous
06-03-2014, 06:10 PM
I have been strongly against the idea of the change to make you unable to edit your deck. If something isnt working and you have a strong 2nd possibility... The player SHOULD be able to change it. I am very experienced and even I sometimes after losing round 1 in a swiss will look to change my deck entirely. Good drafters do not solidify themselves into 1 deck. I always leave myself room for edit, even completely out of my original shard color.

Yoss
06-03-2014, 06:24 PM
I support the lock-in fix.

Werlix
06-03-2014, 09:51 PM
Yeah I always assumed it was a bug being able to change your deck between rounds. This has always disallowed in the paper TCGs I've played. This is what the reserves are for in games 2 and 3.

lamaros
06-04-2014, 12:15 AM
I support the lock-in fix.

Aye.

benczi
06-04-2014, 01:17 AM
I've not heard about that bug at all. I think some people had issues with it opening a browser window but that was fixed by setting a default browser?

Yeah, still having issues with that. Forcing me to change my browser is not really a fix and they had 1 month to fix it, you would think they would care if people can buy platinum or not.

Marsden
06-04-2014, 01:27 AM
Yeah, still having issues with that. Forcing me to change my browser is not really a fix and they had 1 month to fix it, you would think they would care if people can buy platinum or not.

Surely you can just set whatever browser you want to use as a default? They'll just be making a system call to open a browser window, they can't help it if the system isn't set up.