PDA

View Full Version : The First Hex Dungeon, by TUC

AstaSyneri
06-08-2014, 02:13 AM
Edit: Team registration for Closed Beta is closed now!

Dear Hex players!

If you are like us at The Unnamed Council (TUC), you backed Hex for it's PvE features and are anxiously looking forward for any PvE content that might come out. You know what? We got tired of waiting!

That's why we present to you The Chalice of Hues - a Hex: Shards of Fate PvEbP dungeon campaign. That is Player vs. Environment by Player, in case you were wondering.

How does it work?

We at TUC have prepared a dungeon campaign, a series of designed encounters of increasing difficulty. You build a party of 4-6 adventurers and collectively you try to conquer this series of challenges until you win the final encounter. Or die trying.

Every player in your group picks one Ardent champion, that he (or she) will play for the entire event. You are free to build decks for this champion with two significant changes:

You cannot play Underworld cards
You can only include rares and legendaries according to your number of XP. You start with 5 XP and for each XP you can include one single rare card in your deck (or a legendary card for 2 XP). Over the course of the campaign you will gain additional XP to use.

Once you have assembled and registered your team with us, you are ready for challenges (encounters). Participation in the event is free (donations to the guild are welcome and will be put towards future prize pools), but the number of teams in Closed Beta is limited to five (5).

TUC provides a number of players who will play the encounter decks as Dungeon Masters (DMs). As a group you need to beat each encounter three times to advance to the next stage. If a player loses against the DM, that player loses a Hit Point. Each player only has three Hit Points. Once he has lost all Hit Points, he can not participate in challenges any more.

Some of the encounters have special rules, in order to present special challenges.

Sounds like fun?

Then get your adventuring band together and follow us here and/or on Twitter twitter.com/HexTUC (http://twitter.com/HexTUC) for further information.

The Chalice of Hues will now enter Closed Beta. In Closed Beta only a select number of players will be invited to play. This is necessary due to the limited availability of DMs during the FIFA World Cup and summer vacations, especially while the Hex Auction House is not functional.

After Closed Beta this event will be open to more groups of players within and outside of the Unnamed Council.

Baldo
06-08-2014, 06:50 AM
This sounds great, I'm in if someone would like to team up.

Khazrakh
06-08-2014, 07:57 AM
Amazing idea! Make sure to stream some of the dungeon runs, should be really fun to watch!

Massabik
06-08-2014, 08:18 AM
This sounds like tons of fun!

fabriazp
06-08-2014, 08:32 AM
I'm in! Like it :)

Raith
06-08-2014, 08:40 AM
Cool concept.

funktion
06-08-2014, 08:43 AM
This is pretty flipping awesome.

Gulbech
06-08-2014, 09:54 AM
Great initiative, cant wait to hear how it turns out.

Verdant
06-08-2014, 10:05 AM
Nice one. 4-6 people seems a bit too much though unless you are in a guild.

Dynimix
06-08-2014, 10:32 AM
Sounds great! LFG

Xexist
06-08-2014, 11:12 AM
I would be interested, depending on how flexible the time I need to be playing is.

AstaSyneri
06-08-2014, 12:10 PM
Nice one. 4-6 people seems a bit too much though unless you are in a guild.

We want it to be a team effort. 4-6 people is just like your old-style adventuring group - and some challenges might better suited to one champion rather than the other. Being in a guild might help, but I am sure you can find like-minded players here as well.

I would be interested, depending on how flexible the time I need to be playing is.
For the Closed Beta we are taking it slow - testing the mechanics and especially the logistics. In general we do have a number of DMs for both the European as well as the American time zones, but of course both are limited in numbers.

I'll post more about that over the course of the week, as well as open teams.

If one team forms through this thread I'll make certain it gets a spot.

Gwaer
06-08-2014, 12:24 PM
I'm interested in participating in this event as well.

syphonhail
06-08-2014, 12:44 PM
This sounds like fun. I guess I need to put a team together.

The 46 cards that are underworld are somewhat illuminating. For example, I did not realize that Dimmid was an Underworld Champion, but the Vampire King is neutral.

funktion
06-08-2014, 01:19 PM
Once you have assembled and registered your team with us, you are ready for challenges (encounters). Participation in the event is free (donations to the guild are welcome and will be put towards future prize pools), but the number of teams in Closed Beta is limited to five (5).

If we were interested in registering a group...

What info is required?
Where do we register?
Is it supposed to be that each player picks a specific champion and that no two players may use the same champ?
Are decklists also required? How do we alter them after moving through a stage?

If players A, B, C beat encounter 1 for the group do the other players who did not participate in that leg also receive the same XP?

Massabik
06-08-2014, 03:27 PM
I am interested if anyone needs another person to round out a team :)

Yoss
06-08-2014, 03:38 PM
I have a group that wants in! Mostly Pacific time. I'll be team captain, just let me know by PM what information you need!

Refugee
06-08-2014, 04:50 PM
Very cool idea. Thanks for making the game a bit more fun.

nicosharp
06-08-2014, 04:54 PM
If any slots are still open I'd be interested

incitfulmonk21
06-08-2014, 05:33 PM

What info is required?
Where do we register?
Is it supposed to be that each player picks a specific champion and that no two players may use the same champ?

If players A, B, C beat encounter 1 for the group do the other players who did not participate in that leg also receive the same XP?

Please keep the questions coming as they help us fine tune the rules some of these have not been finalized, some not thought of, and some can be answered. Please remember this is going into closed beta so still working stuff out.

1. Not Finalized though super cool team names is a must :)
2. Not Finalized
3. You do pick a specific champion that won't change through all the encounters. Interesting second part of question thematically makes sense but limited champions may prohibit it. Poor guy who gets stuck with Polonius :(. ( Read as not finalized second part)
4. It is mostly on the honor system as we will only see a few of your cards but a decklist would help us catch errors you may not thought of and save you from a forfeit/disqualification (Not Finalized). Happened a lot in our Alpha by accident :). Second part Not Finalized as a requirement but again may help catch errors :(.
5. A,B,C, would get xp for winning a game and then xp is given to the party for beating the encounter.

Ex. A,B,C, get +1000 xp for each game they won then A,B,C,D,E,F all get +500 xp for beating the entire encounter. (Xp numbers Made up)

tl;dr Rules will be given out before the adventure begins (subject to change)

Xexist
06-08-2014, 05:40 PM
If someone would like an add on for their team, Im game.

Dragonm137
06-08-2014, 06:21 PM
This sounds awesome! Anyone need a new team member?

Fateanomaly
06-08-2014, 06:27 PM
I am interested but coordinating time might be difficult. GMT+8

Skirovik
06-08-2014, 06:55 PM
I am interested but coordinating time might be difficult. GMT+8

I'm GMT +10. :p

This idea seems pretty cool, but unless it starts in July, unfortunately I won't have time to play. :(

funktion
06-08-2014, 07:25 PM
Alright well I have a team of at least 4 and there are 2 more which might be interested. Based on your responses to my questions earlier it seemed like you might not quite yet be ready for folks to sign up? Either way I've got a crew that would like to take part so just let me know how to sign up when the time comes and we'll try to work it out.

Edit: You should make it a requirement that teams have a team captain who will work in tandem with the DM's to sort out play times. I would imagine that the DM's will already have enough going on that a little extra help coordinating would go a long way.

Yoss
06-08-2014, 07:37 PM
If any slots are still open I'd be interested

You've got a spot with me, if you want it. (Since I'm in your guild and all I guess I can make room. ;))

Kangsta
06-08-2014, 11:11 PM
Hey people ^^

This sounds awesome and I would love to participate if possible, but I don't know how that will work timezone wise.

I am in Asia right now. As the details get ironed out, would love to participate if possible.

Is there some kind of prize for making it through the campaign?

Xenith
06-09-2014, 12:50 AM
I'm GMT +9 (Japan). I would love to participate as well. Would definitely be willing to stay up late on the weekends for this.

Cato
06-09-2014, 01:26 AM
The event is still in closed testing right now, with an exact prize pool yet to be decided. This is due to us not being able to actually give out / allocate prizes (i.e. boosters) without the Auction House and trade mechanics in place.

This thread is to register your interest, please keep an eye on your subscriptions as we will update you further with more mechanics shortly. :)

GPrime
06-09-2014, 02:32 AM
Sounds really cool! As long as the scheduling isn't super strict, I should be able to find the time and gather a team to give this a try.

Too bad multiplayer and custom rules aren't implemented yet because they would make this even better!

Mascus
06-09-2014, 03:41 AM
Got a team of 4 raring to go as soon as we can :D

AstaSyneri
06-09-2014, 04:11 AM
What info is required?
Where do we register?

To register group, send a complete roster with the following information to "myforumnamehere"@unnamed-council.com:

* yourforumname, champion selected - the first one is considered the party leader and communication goes through him (add your e-mail address for better communication).

Please understand that currently we are planning for 5 team slots in order to serve everybody in the best possible way.

Yes, all players are required to select a distinct champion. Makes your deck building and the decision who to send up against an encounter that much more interesting ;-).

No, we do not need deck lists. If anybody is found to have more rares/legendaries in his deck than is allowed, the entire team is disqualified and may be barred from all future TUC events. We like to keep it easy like that ;-).

In the current version of the event you get 1 XP for winning an encounter (and lose 1 HP for losing), plus the entire team gets one XP if/when it advances to the next stage.

In your example Players A, B, C would have 7 XP in stage 2, all other players 6 XP.

I have a group that wants in! Mostly Pacific time. I'll be team captain, just let me know by PM what information you need!

See above. Please note that TUC members currently have precendence (but since a lot of our regulars are involved as DMs already, I don't think we'll fill all slots from within).

Hey people ^^

This sounds awesome and I would love to participate if possible, but I don't know how that will work timezone wise.
I am in Asia right now. As the details get ironed out, would love to participate if possible.
Is there some kind of prize for making it through the campaign?

Unfortunately at this point we don't have enough DMs for the Oceania time slot, we hope to get that for the next stage.

cavench
06-09-2014, 10:39 AM
LFG! Sounds like fun.

I'm in Pacific Time Zone (GMT-7).

AdamAoE2
06-09-2014, 11:07 AM
Hi guys, I would like to form a team for anybody that isn't yet paired. I am EST and I am willing to be a team leader. Who is still looking for a group that wants to group up?

cavench
06-09-2014, 11:09 AM
Hi guys, I would like to form a team for anybody that isn't yet paired. I am EST and I am willing to be a team leader. Who is still looking for a group that wants to group up?

Sign me in!

AdamAoE2
06-09-2014, 11:13 AM
Sign me in!

Gotcha! Four spots left. Who else wants in? :-)

AdamAoE2
06-09-2014, 12:34 PM
I have three spots left on my team. As Team Captain, I promise treasure, glory, experience points, and probably a few fatalities. First come, First Serve! =)

EDIT 6PM EST - I now have two spots left.

Dralon
06-09-2014, 02:11 PM
Sounds like a fantastic endeavor. Best of luck and if I can't find a way to participate this time around , definitely hope to in the future.

AdamAoE2
06-09-2014, 03:19 PM
I have one spot left for whoever is interested. :-)

Fateanomaly
06-09-2014, 06:24 PM
I will join Adam. Let me know which champion is still available.

Miyordon
06-09-2014, 06:31 PM
Throwing in my hat for a team spot. Funktion, Dynimix, Gwaer, Yoss, WHOEVER at this point I guess.

Fateanomaly
06-09-2014, 07:56 PM
Question: Before each encounter, will we get a hint of the type of deck we will be facing so we can choose the best candidates to take on the challenge?

AdamAoE2
06-09-2014, 08:13 PM
The door to the tavern burst open, as a gnome excitedly toddled inside. The other tavern patrons barely paid him notice, but one in particular eyed him with a curious look as the gnome hurriedly began to speak:

"HaveYouHeardTheNewsThatTimotheusHibbernathyHasFoun-..."

"Stow your chatter, and speak plainly gnome, or I'll throw you out of this bar." Poca (Cavench) roared. The gnome glowered at her.

With an exaggerated intake of air, the gnome assailed Poca with a rapid string of words almost too quick to comprehend: "ICarryNewsThatCouldAffectTheFateOfTheWa-"

"That's it, I've heard enough of your blathering!" Poca Roared, as she rose to her feet and started toward the gnome. A mailed hand reached out to stop her. Poca looked up.

Palamedes (fateanomaly) gave a light smile at her. "Let our animated friend here speak, Poca. Perhaps he has news from the king himself!"

"Pah, hardly likely from a runt like this one!" Nevertheless, she sat back down.

Palomedes gave a gentle smile to the gnome and nodded for him to continue. "Slower this time, friend."

With a concerted effort to calm himself, the gnome spoke with purpose. "Sir Timotheus Habbernathy has claimed to have found the Chalice of Hues, and he seeks out adventurers to help him claim it in the name of the Ardent Alliance. He offers good coin and the good graces of the Adamanthian Court for the successful retrieval of the item. In addition, Sir Tim-"

A familiar voice interrupted the gnome from the side. Palamedes didn't even need to look to see who it was, as he was used to the sudden interruptions at the mention of profit.

"Did I hear somebody mention Gold, or perhaps treasure? This sounds like something I might be interested in.. if the price is good." Lionel Flynn (Boss) grinned.

"Tch, Gold is all you care about Lionel. You have no taste for battle, for valor, for blood in the name of Kog'Tepetl! Always about the gold!" Poca sarcastically quipped from her chair.

Lionel smirked. "Lady, you wound me. Of course there are more important things then gold. Like... fine elven lasses, or a tankard of good ale!"

A chuckle from the shadows caused everyone to start. They had almost forgotten he was there, and nobody had ever quite gotten used to the warlock even after countless adventures together. Krannok's (AdamAoE2) cowled visage emerged from the shadows and he spoke in an unsettlingly quiet voice for an orc:

"If what the gnome says is true, the Chalice has the potential to give the Ardent a decisive victory in the war. Tell me more of this chalice gnome, and let us learn of how we can grow powerful together..."

Our team of hardy adventurers is assembled and ready to go. I will be sending an E-mail to you shortly for registration. =)

AstaSyneri
06-09-2014, 10:05 PM
Ha! Love that :D. Almost tempted to give out bonus XP here ;-).

No, no hints for the decks, that's what makes it fun - no Wiki to go to for this :D.

Barkam
06-09-2014, 11:53 PM
Well done. AdamAOE2. :) Enjoyed that very much.

Gwaer
06-10-2014, 07:11 AM
I vote for bonus XP for them. It's almost like they turned in a proper backstory. =P

AstaSyneri
06-11-2014, 01:35 AM
Team registration is basically closed - the last team is just forming within TUC.

Thank you for showering us all in good wishes - now it's time to fess up (I almost feel like Cory now ;-)).

Dralon
06-11-2014, 06:22 AM
Role play very well played. Well played indeed!

syphonhail
06-11-2014, 11:01 AM
Miyordon, I wouldn't mind jumping in on your team if you would have me.

nicosharp
06-11-2014, 11:13 AM
Pretty sad that this is the brightest spot so far for Hex PvE. Thanks for doing this guys. Scratches a pretty big itch.

DionyzRex
06-11-2014, 11:44 AM
Darn, I almost had my team put together.

funktion
06-11-2014, 12:24 PM

Ill trade you spots? Id consider numerous villanous acts if it allowed me to take another crack at junkyard dogs

AstaSyneri
06-11-2014, 02:49 PM
Pretty sad that this is the brightest spot so far for Hex PvE. Thanks for doing this guys. Scratches a pretty big itch.

Good to hear that. Keeps us motivated. :D Yes, I'd love to be raiding with guild mates now. *sigh*

Sorry about that. But you know how it is with those Closed Betas. Gotta keep the suspense high ;-).

Currently I am planning to start this Saturday, but it likely is going to be a slow start. World Cup is getting in the way a bit. After the AH is functioning we'll be able to process a lot more players/teams, if the interest is still there.

Special Rule to keep in mind: Against a player with Raid Leader sleeves, the DM will have -2 HP. That means if you reduce the champion to 2 HP, you win.

All other players of the same team, playing the same stage after that Raid Leader gain half this bonus. That means if they reduce the champion to 1 HP, they win.

AstaSyneri
06-12-2014, 02:27 AM
Chiany is writing some background for The Chalice of Hues, and here is an introductory snippet to start to get you into the mood ;-).

The trinket kept reappearing in his dreams…could it really exist?
If it did, it could be the bringer of salvation to the Ardent races, to end the war once and for all.

It had been several weeks now since he, Sir Timotheus Hibbernathy, had found the report.
Beneath many other ancient scrolls, the paper with only three words and a vague sketch had revealed itself to him.

The words read “Chalice of Hues” , scribbled beneath the drawing of a crystal goblet, improbably made from at least five different shards.

Immediately he knew this was what he, and all other members of the Ardent race, had been seeking for so long.

While studying the report further, he noticed some description was written on the back…

If you are reading this, then you have taken the first step towards our salvation, or our doom.
Once I thought the Chalice of Hues was a myth, but now I have seen it with my own eyes. Alas I cannot return, the chains are in place and soon they will hold me forever.
I hope my faithful servant will follow my heed and bring back this note, before I must rip his throat out.
The chalice is found in the chapel. A single shaft of light illuminates it, coming from high above. I assume we are at the bottom of an old fire mountain. Where it is I do not fathom to know. We came here by an adventurous route that began at some uninhabited burrows on the Coyotle plains...
There is more pain now. My servant knows the way. He must go now.

Stay true
Stay safe
For Adamanth!

EntropyBall
06-12-2014, 10:39 AM
I'd join a team if anyone is looking for a player still. Would also be willing to help play the DM if that is needed instead.

AstaSyneri
06-12-2014, 02:19 PM
Closed Beta is full for now, but feel free to look for teams for if/when we go to the next stage.

Closed Beta will start this Saturday 1900 GMT.

cavench
06-12-2014, 03:03 PM
Nice touch to the special rule for raid leader sleeves.

incitfulmonk21
06-12-2014, 03:49 PM
Welcome to everyone can't wait to see you in game

nicosharp
06-12-2014, 04:44 PM
Is the Raid Leader Sleeve perk stackable? (We have a few on our team with this perk)

AstaSyneri
06-13-2014, 12:38 AM
Is the Raid Leader Sleeve perk stackable? (We have a few on our team with this perk)

No, not as such. But every RL of course gets the perk, and all games afterwards (for that stage) get the residual perk.

FlyingMeatchip
06-13-2014, 05:15 AM
FMC Expendables

Flying Meatchip - Team Captain
Parzival of Gondolin - Co-Captain/Rules Liaison
Shazam - Raid Leader (YEAH!)
Fliperon - Fierce Initiate
Spekke - Respected Warrior
Slayla - The Crafty Sorcerer

Glad to be in the TUC corner!

AstaSyneri
06-13-2014, 05:47 AM
So, Shazam is the first to be killed? ;-)

FlyingMeatchip
06-13-2014, 12:25 PM
We've seen his deck...I think he'll still be standing by the end of the event.

AdamAoE2
06-13-2014, 01:13 PM
Unity - Heroes from all corners of Entrath, representing several guilds, banded together in search of the Chalice.

Brynhildr - The Fearless (?) Leader, Strategist, and Lord of Drafts himself. He controls the powers of Law and Chaos which when used in tandem, makes his magic unparalleled.

Cavench - As powerful as the orcs he commands, his retribution is swift, and his power unquestionable. His foes flee in terror at his approach.

Dragonsiege - The brutal, bonecrushing power of the land dances across his fingertips as easily as one might flip a coin. His mastery of wild magic is supplemented by the mystique of raw sapphire power.

Boss - A wizard whose balance of water and fire magics mesh like a symphony. His foes are kept offbalance by the unpredictability of his volatile attacks.

Bloodmantle - Grand Illusionist, Master of Mirrors, the titles go on and on... Weaving energy comes second nature to this warrior, and his ability to deceive and confuse his foes make him a deadly force indeed.

Rinne - A veteran of countless battles and wars, his ability to survey the battlefield and emerge unscathed has earned him several awards from King Gabriel himself. Beloved by the people, and Hated by his foes, he is a powerful force for the Ardent Alliance.

Forward friends, the chalice must be claimed!

Dynimix
06-13-2014, 01:19 PM
Any teams still available?

FlyingMeatchip
06-13-2014, 01:28 PM
I think sign ups just ended a day ago....I scrambled and got a team together and even then I believe only a spot was left.

AstaSyneri
06-14-2014, 01:01 AM
We've seen his deck...I think he'll still be standing by the end of the event.

Because you are not going to let him play with it? ;-)

In other news the first dungeon cover has been revealed on Twitter (for lack of other PvE news and card art - boy, am I cranky today, I guess the kids woke me up too early).

How do you like this kind of visualization?

Massabik
06-14-2014, 10:18 AM
Looks awesome Asta! Can't wait to get going today! GO UNITY!

incitfulmonk21
06-14-2014, 10:41 AM
I couldn't find our team list so thanks for those that posted their teams. If you enter a game and someone in your group has raid leader sleeves please let me know.

funktion
06-14-2014, 02:39 PM
This has been an absolute blast so far, thanks guys!

Yoss
06-14-2014, 02:43 PM
Agreed, quest 1 was fun. I was down to 6 HP when I finally prevailed.

AswanJaguar
06-14-2014, 03:27 PM
I still have no idea what's going on.

Idus
06-14-2014, 03:31 PM
Glad you guys are enjoying it. I'd like to give props to Asta for the huge amount of effort he's put into organising all this, the DM's for making themselves available, and you guys for joining us in expanding the boundaries of the Hex experience :)

AdamAoE2
06-14-2014, 03:49 PM
Phew, the first encounter was rough.. But we prevailed! Looking forward to the next installment! :)

AstaSyneri
06-14-2014, 03:56 PM
http://www.void-troopers.com/hextcg/tuc-twitter-header.jpg
Wow, I have a lot of updating to do tomorrow (too tired now). Thanks for all those challenges flooding in - that was a lot of blood drenching the burrows.

Foremostly thanks to my DMs - it was great to have 4 available, otherwise the queue would have been way too long. Lesson learned - playing games and trying to keep tabs on the over situation is very difficult. I had turns passing on me several times because I was distracted by something else.

I'll update tomorrow with new DM times, etc. We'll likely continue tomorrow, but probably not in the same strength (we have less DMs for deck 2 due to missing cards). Also tune into our Twitter acount /HexTUC - I try to keep a running account of what's happening.

AdamAoE2
06-14-2014, 04:02 PM
Asta - In the Future, I would definitely be interesting in DMing for you in a US time-slot.

incitfulmonk21
06-14-2014, 04:11 PM
Asta - In the Future, I would definitely be interesting in DMing for you in a US time-slot.

If he is going to allow it I would be happy to have you aboard we are still a little shallow in the U.S. time slot

Gwaer
06-14-2014, 06:41 PM
After my team completes round 2 I'd be happy to run some games for you if I have the cards.

incitfulmonk21
06-14-2014, 07:06 PM
After my team completes round 2 I'd be happy to run some games for you if I have the cards.

Ha I will not let you off so easily. I still owe you blood ;)

Massabik
06-14-2014, 07:31 PM
Great job today Asta and DMs! It was a load of fun. Looking forward to part 2 :)

Yoss
06-14-2014, 08:57 PM
http://www.void-troopers.com/hextcg/tuc-twitter-header.jpg

Is there a larger version of those posters somewhere? Can't read the text....

Gwaer
06-14-2014, 09:01 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BqDHELtCcAEUXOa.jpg:large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BqHsk3YIQAAD08m.jpg:large

tyra
06-15-2014, 03:17 AM
the FMC expendables are making a push, how long can the Vennen hold?

FlyingMeatchip
06-15-2014, 04:46 AM
Good News again but not without a struggle. Shazam the Raid Leader took the reigns and forged into the spider cave. He emerged victorious but not without a couple of setbacks. Undaunted I went into the fray and was soundly sent back with barely one life left. Without fear I gathered all my pirates, gralks, and counter magic sorceries and went back in.....Victorious! The Vennen are defeated and our company continues onward though the underworld breaches.....

The FMC Expendables push on to the Third Campaign!

tyra
06-15-2014, 09:38 AM
joining the FMC expendables in reaching the next encounter: Team Unity

AstaSyneri
06-15-2014, 02:12 PM
We are playing right now. Tier 3 decks are up. :D

Thanks for the offers - once the Closed Beta is over, we'll talk about that!

Yoss
06-15-2014, 03:01 PM
So, do all the members need to pass a stage before advancing or just one or some % or what? I have two failed and two passed in my group.

AdamAoE2
06-15-2014, 03:03 PM
You need three victories to clear an encounter, and the same person can challenge it more then once, even if they won.

Yoss
06-15-2014, 03:09 PM
You need three victories to clear an encounter, and the same person can challenge it more then once, even if they won.
Ah, guess I missed that part.

FlyingMeatchip
06-15-2014, 04:37 PM
Our troops Soldier onward to the 4th Campaign......the Necrotic!

Sadly we lost a soldier....Spekke, he will be in our memories. He fought valiantly and his intelligence in battle provided valuable information for the previous campaigns. Fliperon took a second loss but was victorious in battle twice. I closed the campaign with the final win for three closes in a row. The dirge of the Necrotic awaits us in the final campaign. Which team shall join us....more importantly who will be left standing when this is over....

Gwaer
06-15-2014, 07:15 PM
The champions of good have sustained no deaths, since our cause is noble and hearts are pure. We too will see you in the final encounter.

Massabik
06-15-2014, 10:08 PM
Team Unity will also be standing in the final encounter!

AstaSyneri
06-16-2014, 12:40 AM
Congratulations on advancing to Deck 4. Tonight (starting approximately 1900 GMT) We'll continue to take challenges for T1-T3 to give the other teams a chance to catch up.

T4 will premiere tomorrow (Tuesday starting approx. 1900 GMT).

I'll send out an e-mail to the team leaders with further information - but do keep looking for us in the time frame indicated. Most days you'll find European DMs online, and even Helion and Erebus look in. You can also ask Helion in the shoutbox for US times.

AstaSyneri
06-16-2014, 12:58 PM
Hi guys!

Our forum seems to have a problem today - we can't post and cannot use the shoutboxes either. Therefore we won't be doing challenges today, unfortunately. Hopefully tomorrow everything will be fixed!

Yoss
06-16-2014, 01:01 PM
You could just use this thread...

Cato
06-17-2014, 07:58 AM
After some unexpected downtime, our site is back online.

@Yoss, we are currently trialling our own Dungeon microsite within our own, the idea being we can co-ordinate teams, matches and results more efficiently on a platform we control. :D

(It also has a public chat box so teams can talk to each other without filling up a thread page with spam chat.)

AstaSyneri
06-17-2014, 10:03 AM
And now that the boss is back, we have that backend support again :D.

Today 1900 GMT (in two hours) we'll continue with stage 4.

cavench
06-17-2014, 11:48 AM
Is stage 4 the final stage of Chalice of Hues? Just curious if there is any reason for someone with 1hp left to hold back.

incitfulmonk21
06-17-2014, 12:26 PM
No but it is the most interesting stage ;).

Cato
06-17-2014, 01:39 PM
Whilst we are currently not accepting new teams for the closed beta test of the Sapphire Dungeon you can track the adventure progress of the testing teams on the new Dungeon section of our site.

http://www.unnamed-council.com/dungeon

This section of the site is still a work in progress and may be expanded upon if we decide to pursue the event further. ;)

incitfulmonk21
06-17-2014, 07:12 PM
The Adventuring Parties have Taken quite a beating Congratulations to Gwear for figuring one of the puzzles out. Many bodies cover The Realm of the Risen.

Yoss
06-17-2014, 07:14 PM
Do you all have a US-based DM yet? Otherwise my group can only do weekends, which isn't the end of the world but still...

incitfulmonk21
06-17-2014, 07:16 PM
I and Erebus are but it's nine where I am. I can certainly be on later on Thursday if you guys want. I will just start later

AstaSyneri
06-18-2014, 01:23 AM
Is stage 4 the final stage of Chalice of Hues? Just curious if there is any reason for someone with 1hp left to hold back.

No, it is not. But it's close to it. After you have gone through, you are going to meet the master of the Chalice of Hues. It's not going to be pretty (I want to see a lot of blood and gore). So all in all there are five stages.

Do you all have a US-based DM yet? Otherwise my group can only do weekends, which isn't the end of the world but still...

As Helion posted we have two US DMs. Helion has been along quite early most days, making it a lot easier to coordinate what we are doing - thanks btw for your great work, Helion!

Please use the dungeon shoutbox (http://www.unnamed-council.com/dungeon) to tell us about your preferred time windows - we'll see whether we can match. Of course it's more fun when more than just one challenger show up then.

Erebus
06-18-2014, 06:28 PM
I'm available in game for the next 2 hours, however I can only do decks T1-T3.

hex_colin
06-18-2014, 07:57 PM
Great job so far, TUC! :)

Hopefully my donation on behalf of the Champions of Good helps defray some of the cost.

Cato
06-19-2014, 12:31 AM

Hopefully my donation on behalf of the Champions of Good helps defray some of the cost.

Our humble thanks Colin! Due to a technical glitch (which has now been fixed), the module registered it as an anonymous and private donation so your name will not show up on the doner list. Rest assured, we will give you several guild shout outs <3

Idus
06-19-2014, 01:14 AM
Thanks Colin, we'll be sure to put it to good use furthering the pursuit of PvE excellence in Hex :)

AstaSyneri
06-19-2014, 04:09 AM

Thank you for the very generous donation! With this backing us up we pretty much don't have a choice but to advance the system into Open Beta :D. This will give us a lot of flexibility, thank you very much once more!

AstaSyneri
06-19-2014, 07:08 AM
Finally cover #4:

"Wait, I smell something. Earth and decay. We must be getting close to the surface," Feather whispered.
"That cannot be. We are deeper underground than ever," Lionel retorted.
As they rounded the next bend, they saw the tunnel open into a cavern. Some sort of weak light trickled through from somewhere far away, highlighting a temple-like building of black marble. It stood on a sort of cliff, the moist air hiding anything that might be found down below. Standing on the ledge a black stairway could be seen leading down from the temple into the mists.
"This script makes me uneasy, like we shouldn't be here," Palamedes muttered, as they cautiously advanced across the black marble floor, inlaid with strange runes.
"We aren't. Supposed to, that is. This is necrotic writing," Lionel replied after examining the scribbles more closely.
He started to say "May be should head back," when suddenly the world went white in a flash...

Note: Any resemblance with Hex_Colin would be purely incidental - we have never seen our benefactor in person.

Couldn't resist ;-).

FlyingMeatchip
06-19-2014, 08:50 AM
If T4 is necrotic....then why did many players face a 1-6 pick your destiny which involved decks not necrotic?

incitfulmonk21
06-19-2014, 09:20 AM
Necrotic writing =/= necrotic. There are very few necrotic cards to begin with and most are quite terribad. This is a fight with undead as they have risen to challenge you much like the necrotic.

As an aside I added the choose your own adventure part because I could make all six decks and I thought it would be fun. Not everyone is going to have the same experience as not all dm's are capable of making all the decks so their is many different builds for the t4 encounter.

Edit: I was suppose to just roll a dice for which deck you faced so nothing would have changed I just added more roleplaying to it and let you decide which deck to face.

AstaSyneri
06-19-2014, 01:25 PM
If T4 is necrotic....then why did many players face a 1-6 pick your destiny which involved decks not necrotic?

The main theme is the graveyard theme, but there are excursions from the theme. It's a teleporting temple, and maybe the Necrotic are still in Closed Beta and have a few bugs in the teleportation programming to work out? ;-)

AstaSyneri
06-20-2014, 05:43 AM
Anybody planning to take challenges tonight? I'd hate to wait online but have nobody come.

Gwaer
06-20-2014, 05:55 AM
I'll poke my team and see if anyone with multiple lives left is interested.

AdamAoE2
06-20-2014, 08:19 AM
I'm ready to take the first T4 challenge for my team... but I won't be on until around 7PM EST or so.

AstaSyneri
06-20-2014, 08:20 AM
We can possibly finish Closed Beta this weekend (Fri/Sat/Sun).

It would be nice if those "rare players" could show up to do some battling.

Yoss
06-20-2014, 08:50 AM
I'm still on round 1. I've been on every single day and can't get a DM. :(

Probably because I'm evenings PDT. I'll be on today around 20:00 GMT. Hopefully can power through multiple fights.

cavench
06-20-2014, 02:31 PM
If entire team is knocked out, then is closed beta over for that team? Or can they start over with T1 with 5exp?

AstaSyneri
06-20-2014, 02:47 PM
That makes two wins for you at this point. For your time zone get a hold of Helion (Incitfulmonk) and Erebus (TheEnigmaEngine).

@Cavench: Yes, then closed beta is over for that team. You lose. Duh.

Yoss
06-21-2014, 01:08 PM
http://unnamed-council.com/dungeon

Website is down?

Idus
06-21-2014, 02:07 PM
Yes it appears the whole TUC site is experiencing issues at the moment. Stay tuned.....

*edit*

Back up now

AstaSyneri
06-22-2014, 02:58 AM
Hmm. Never noticed that, worked for me the short time i was one.

In any case - I'll be online tonight starting 1900 GMT with all decks, possibly even T5.

BTW: I'd rather lounge in front of the TV and watch some senseless football. So please be so kind and announce your own time windows in the dungeon shoutbox!

AstaSyneri
06-26-2014, 01:48 AM
Helion takes on US players from 4 to 9 PDT (not GMT!!!). So get your decks in order and keep him busy!

Everybody good luck on #USAGER :D.

AstaSyneri
06-27-2014, 01:30 AM
Rather than extending the Closed Beta indefinitely, we are going to close it out this weekend. Please get your teams organized and we will try to offer as many chances for playing this weekend as possible.

AstaSyneri
06-29-2014, 09:59 AM
FMC Expendables need one more win, Team Wanderlust 3 in T5. Just a few more hours...

More detailed news always on twitter.com@HexTUC .

AstaSyneri
06-29-2014, 12:46 PM
Team Unity (cavench) went on a killing spree and marched through to defeat the T5 encounter, thus winning the event.
The FMC Expendables (Shazam), with four down, also defeated T5 one last time, thus winning the event.

www.unnamed-council.com/dungeon