PDA

View Full Version : GenCon Information

RokItSumMore
06-09-2014, 12:33 PM
Hello fellow Hexers,

I am curious to know if there is any information about Hex being at GenCon this year. I realize that Cryptozoic has a dedicated area set up already, but was wondering what I can expect from Hex wise. I just found out that I ohnly live 2 hours away so I will likely make the trip if there is a decent amount of Hex material there.

hex_colin
06-09-2014, 12:45 PM
Hello fellow Hexers,

I am curious to know if there is any information about Hex being at GenCon this year. I realize that Cryptozoic has a dedicated area set up already, but was wondering what I can expect from Hex wise. I just found out that I ohnly live 2 hours away so I will likely make the trip if there is a decent amount of Hex material there.

My understanding is that it'll be almost exactly the same as last year. Some space in the shared HEX/CZE booth for demos and then the LAN in the games area to play and win promos, etc. They might have more computers and they'll probably change the ticket acquisition process somewhat. Also, I liked Gax, but I love the art (and story) for the new Merc.

RokItSumMore
06-09-2014, 01:04 PM
Thanks for the information Colin! I looked through the GenCon ticket system and CZE does not seem to be offering any tournaments for Hex. Do you (or anyone) know if they will offer tickets through GenCon or is it just a come with generic tickets and play?

Miwa
06-09-2014, 01:07 PM
Probably free entry (well, other than a con badge), if it's in the dealer room. You just have to queue for games.

hex_colin
06-09-2014, 01:46 PM
Thanks for the information Colin! I looked through the GenCon ticket system and CZE does not seem to be offering any tournaments for Hex. Do you (or anyone) know if they will offer tickets through GenCon or is it just a come with generic tickets and play?

There will be tickets for sale soon. It was $10 last year for a Merc and unlimited play.

arastor
06-10-2014, 07:34 AM
The Friday Update (https://hextcg.com/happy-birthday-hex/) had some info:

HEX is also excited to announce that we’ll be at Gen Con 2014! More computers, more ways to play, more free giveaways, and more fun! We’re going to host some special drafts and set up the PVP LAN. Players can win new sleeves, alternate art cards, and mercenaries for the event. For those of you who can’t visit us in Indy, players at home will have the same opportunity to win the alternate art card, mercenary by playing in-game. We’ll be publishing the specifics about Gen Con 2014 in the near future.

Sounds great, but I'll admit, I would like a little more info too, seeing as I need to make up my mind about going within the next 2 weeks or so.

Gwaer
06-10-2014, 07:43 AM
You should go either way. Gencon was a lot of fun. I intended to only go once ever, but had a great time last year and will be going back this year.

mttgamer
06-10-2014, 08:30 AM
You should go either way. Gencon was a lot of fun. I intended to only go once ever, but had a great time last year and will be going back this year.

My first gencon was 2011 with a friend. I was bummed i missed 2012 due to wedding season. I was really happy to return 2013, even though it was by myself and enjoyed alot of hex(snagged all the promos). This year im coming with 3-4 friends! and im planning on playing alot of hex again! Once you go once, you will want to go back again :D

Thinking of it though. Are the gencon promo codes redeemable? I haven't tried. I know the Mercs obviously wouldnt be...