PDA

View Full Version : Chests

Xtopher
06-10-2014, 08:10 PM
Could someone point me to an explanation of chest spinning and how the chests are opened and what's projected to be gained from each type of chest? Not been keeping up on current and not so current events.

ossuary
06-10-2014, 08:14 PM
You can't open them yet. That will come later, probably with the PVE content.

As for spinning, read a couple of the Wheels of Fate threads. Just search for "Wheels of Fate." There's been lots of analysis on how it all works, and some percentages have been compiled. There is no official guide available.

Xtopher
06-10-2014, 08:34 PM
Thanks, ossuary. :)

sukebe
06-10-2014, 11:49 PM
While we can't open the chests yet here is an article explaining what we can expect to find in them:

http://hextcg.com/exclusives-treasure-and-mercenaries/

mind you, we do not know how chest rarity affects chest contents and this is fairly old info so take it with a grain of salt.

Mahes
06-11-2014, 06:15 AM
The date on that article saddens me a little.

malloc31
06-11-2014, 07:07 AM
ya I still don't understand why if they have finished the design of set one and most of set 2 we cant just have the equipment? I understand it wouldn't be use-able till PVE but why cant we open them and get it into our inventory?

Warrender
06-11-2014, 07:24 AM
Infam0usNe0 had a great video explaining chest spinning:

http://youtu.be/rl957-z2xi4

ossuary
06-11-2014, 07:41 AM
Hey, I hadn't seen that video, so thanks for that. It's a VERY good overview of the Wheels. :)

Xtopher
06-11-2014, 12:22 PM
Great link, thank you!

Shivdaddy
06-11-2014, 01:57 PM
The date on that article saddens me a little.

I had to click and check, yeah I thought they might be done with that part a year later.

Phallanx87
06-11-2014, 06:38 PM
Ok i got a few pve (elementals) cards , those are not available til the content release either? And has there been a projected release update for PVE content?

Xenavire
06-11-2014, 06:42 PM
Ok i got a few pve (elementals) cards , those are not available til the content release either? And has there been a projected release update for PVE content?

None we know of (no announcements). In-house, they might (probably actually) have some idea of what comes when.

And PvE cards will have to wait for PvE content to be released. Same with mercs. And equipment. Anything I might be forgetting probably goes there too.

mach
06-11-2014, 06:44 PM
The birthday announcement said PvE would be released in the next year. So if you want a date, June 6, 2015.

grey0one
06-11-2014, 07:35 PM
So, thank you all for spending this last year with us and we look forward to the next year which will see the full release of the game– PVE and PVP. We’ll continue to improve the game and work with you, the players, to make sure you’re having the experience that you want in the world’s first digital TCG MMO.

I interpret that to mean that the FULL PVE experience will be released next year. They said before that they'd release AH/Trading, small quality of life patch, then the first PVE experience. I'd interpret that to mean we'll see a "Low Level" instance within 6 weeks.

dogmod
06-11-2014, 07:36 PM
Didn't want to go through the entire chest thread and hex promos didn't have a quick answer. There are 3 different equips currently ?

Xenavire
06-11-2014, 07:42 PM
6 equipments, 2 per PvE card.

Full rundown:
3 PvE cards, 3 Mercs, 6 equipments, 3 sleeves, 3 AA PvP cards.

dogmod
06-11-2014, 07:47 PM
6 equipments, 2 per PvE card.

Full rundown:
3 PvE cards, 3 Mercs, 6 equipments, 3 sleeves, 3 AA PvP cards.

What are the names of the equips? I know bubble mail, sky boots, and northwind chimes, I would have thought I would have gotten a different common equip at least by now

ossuary
06-11-2014, 08:14 PM
aqua mask, electric flail, and ... I forget the third.

There are 2 common, 2 uncommon, and 2 rare equipments. In my experience (and evidenced by the results in the Wheels of Fate spin thread), 1 equipment piece in each rarity slot is dropping WAY less frequently than the other (almost never, in fact). It's possible that the loot table is bugged and not dropping all of the equipment evenly, or it could be meant to work that way, or we could have all just been unlucky so far, or maybe they're dropping like mad but not for anyone posting their results. :)

Svenn
06-12-2014, 06:36 AM
I interpret that to mean that the FULL PVE experience will be released next year. They said before that they'd release AH/Trading, small quality of life patch, then the first PVE experience. I'd interpret that to mean we'll see a "Low Level" instance within 6 weeks.
This is why people end up disappointed. Nowhere did they give any sort of dates but you put a very specific timeline on something not even mentioned. It'll be here when it gets here.

Also, "we look forward to the next year" isn't "these things are coming one year from today". It's a "this is the stuff we're hoping to accomplish throughout the next year.