PDA

View Full Version : AH is here! Let's discuss.

Mike411
06-24-2014, 09:23 AM
Is there a way to sort by buyout price? Trying searches with and without the 'buyouts only' option checked seems to make no difference for me, I always see both buyouts and bids, with no option to sort by buyouts, only by bids. Am I missing something?

Edit: Sort by buyout exists.

Clicking the min bid column the first time sorts by bid cheapest to most expensive, second time by bid most expensive to cheapest, the third time by buyout cheapest to most expensive and the fourth time by buyout most expensive to cheapest.

rx22
06-24-2014, 09:30 AM
Also why AH gives you only max 15 results of any search? That why I miss A LOT of cards that i just can't see!

Mike411
06-24-2014, 09:33 AM
Also why AH gives you only max 15 results of any search? That why I miss A LOT of cards that i just can't see!

They've confirmed they're aware of that bug :)

Yoss
06-24-2014, 09:34 AM

Do they still show an image of every card on every line or did they move the image to the bottom left (context sensitive)? There was TONS of wasted space in the preview they gave us. (I can't log in yet to see the live AH.)

rx22
06-24-2014, 09:35 AM
They've confirmed they're aware of that bug :)

OK thanks, missed that :) gotta just wait then :)

darkwonders
06-24-2014, 09:58 AM
It would be nice to see the pricing history when buying/selling to see the trend. I know it'll take while to build a database, but it's nice to be able to have a baseline comparison especially when you're selling.

poizonous
06-24-2014, 10:05 AM
Well my first Angel of Dawn sold instantaneously for 1900 plat, i have 2 more up there at 1900 but there are so many Angels listed for ridiculous prices I dont think people see the good priced ones lol

ossuary
06-24-2014, 10:19 AM
I definitely agree we need a sort by buyout price option. Nobody cares what the minimum bid is, we want to know the cheapest price to walk out the door right now. ;)

darkwonders
06-24-2014, 10:19 AM
Well my first Angel of Dawn sold instantaneously for 1900 plat, i have 2 more up there at 1900 but there are so many Angels listed for ridiculous prices I dont think people see the good priced ones lol

Well that card is one of these best cards in the game. As long as you don't have it in your starting hand, you'll pretty much get to play it for free.

And it's not even a bad card to topdeck as a 4/4 steadfast flyier is still pretty nice.

aatttt
06-24-2014, 10:20 AM
i need 3 Furios Taskmaster... if somebody could pls list them for a reasonable price :)

TY

Mahes
06-24-2014, 10:20 AM
Also, the search engine will stop working. You have to back all the way out and then go back in.

To get around the 15 card limit make use of the maximum bid setting. It allows you to see the lowest ones. There is a list of things they need to tweak with this system.

1. Being able to sell groups of cards at a time. Better yet, allow a player to sell play sets so that we could go below the plat limitation on a group of cards.

2. The 15 limit.

3. Fine tune the search engine.

4. Default to lowest buyout price or allow me to choose that setting.

5. Separate the place and cancel auction buttons a little bit more. I have accidently cancelled an auction once.

6. I take it that the 3 plat low limit is due to the 5% fee. This appears not to be the case for Gold.

I am sure there are others.

Chark
06-24-2014, 10:22 AM
I definitely agree we need a sort by buyout price option. Nobody cares what the minimum bid is, we want to know the cheapest price to walk out the door right now. ;)

This functionality exists, but is somewhat hidden:

Clicking the min bid column the first time sorts by bid cheapest to most expensive, second time by bid most expensive to cheapest, the third time by buyout cheapest to most expensive and the fourth time by buyout most expensive to cheapest.

Mahes
06-24-2014, 10:27 AM
Also, when I check the "Buy out" only, please have that directly linked to the maximum bid slot. I do not care about bidding at that stage and thus do not want to see the lowest "bids".

EntropyBall
06-24-2014, 10:48 AM
If you ever enter a number for Max Price, you cannot clear that field and go back to searching for any price. You have to either close the AH window or set a really high number for that field.

Also, just as an FYI for people, you are not setting a Max Bid (ebay-style), you will instantly be paying whatever number you put in.

ossuary
06-24-2014, 10:49 AM
This functionality exists, but is somewhat hidden:

Good to know, thanks for the info.

EntropyBall
06-24-2014, 10:57 AM
Searching packs for "Primal" yields no results, even when I can see Primal packs when not searching for any text.

hexnaes
06-24-2014, 11:02 AM
Searching packs for "Primal" yields no results, even when I can see Primal packs when not searching for any text.

It worked for me. Check your filter settings, and make sure they're defaulted.

Makizushi
06-24-2014, 11:13 AM
One feature that I really miss: having the AH show me, in the buying screen, how many of a card I already own.

I honestly don't know which cards I don't have yet, so it'd be great if I didn't have to switch between my card manager, my notepad and the AH :D

fido_one
06-24-2014, 11:14 AM
Taking a quick step back, the AH is awesome. Looking forward to seeing how it'll change and grow. Great work!

EntropyBall
06-24-2014, 11:17 AM
It worked for me. Check your filter settings, and make sure they're defaulted.

I checked this. I could search the Packs section with a max bid of 100000 and see both regular and primals packs. If I typed Primal into the search field, I got no results. Deleting it and searching again showed the mix of regular and primal packs again.

ossuary
06-24-2014, 11:42 AM
Searching for primal worked fine for me as long as none of the other filters had been clicked on.

It would be very nice if they could update non-cards to use the rarities filter properly (they say it's working as intended because they're a different rarity classification, but it would still be nice to be able to search any area of the AH by rarity / type with filters).

EntropyBall
06-24-2014, 11:44 AM
I capitalized "Primal" just like it is in the pack name, but apparently you have to search for "primal" Not sure why its backwards case-sensitive for me.

Xexist
06-24-2014, 11:48 AM
I dont like that bids take the money right away. Also dont like that you can bid yourself up and there is no warning that you are already the highest bid

Niedar
06-24-2014, 11:54 AM
Use lowercase primal, for some reason it is case sensitive.

Poetic
06-24-2014, 12:29 PM
My favorite thing about the AH so far in the 5 minutes I messed with it on my lunch break was how pretty it is. I like how clean and simple it is.

Xtopher
06-24-2014, 12:36 PM
It's only showing me 15 items per search. Am I doing something wrong?

Edit: Nevermind, it's in the patch notes.

ossuary
06-24-2014, 12:45 PM
I dont like that bids take the money right away.

All online game auction houses work this way, otherwise there would be nothing to stop you from bidding on 5 items when you only have enough actual money for 1. The only way to ensure that you have enough money for any auction you're bidding on is to take it immediately. This is standard operating procedures and won't ever change.

Also dont like that you can bid yourself up and there is no warning that you are already the highest bid

Agreed that this is dumb. The option to bid should be greyed out if you're currently the max bidder - especially since the AH does not currently work like eBay where you can put in a max bid and it will auto-bid for you up to that amount. There is ZERO reason to increase your bid when you are already the top bidder.

Xenavire
06-24-2014, 12:50 PM
There is ZERO reason to increase your bid when you are already the top bidder.

Charity? :p

mudkip
06-24-2014, 01:07 PM
It's only showing me 15 items per search. Am I doing something wrong?

This is asked on the 2nd post of this thread :s

It's a known bug, mentioned in the patch notes.

Nion
06-24-2014, 02:32 PM
IMO, I'd rather have something like the GW2 trading post with buy-orders and sell-orders as the default way of buying and selling cards, with the auction system as an alternative when selling rare stuff, like sought after legendaries, AA promos or extended art/foil stuff. For most cards, lowest buyout is the only thing that matters.

ossuary
06-24-2014, 03:34 PM
IMO, I'd rather have something like the GW2 trading post with buy-orders and sell-orders as the default way of buying and selling cards, with the auction system as an alternative when selling rare stuff, like sought after legendaries, AA promos or extended art/foil stuff. For most cards, lowest buyout is the only thing that matters.

This has been discussed extensively by the community over the last several months.

Chark has stated that he agrees a Bid/Ask system would be better, and they are intending to move towards that system in the future. However, it has a significantly larger development time (especially since they had already started on version 1 of the AH at that point), so we get the standard AH for now, and BAS will come at some point in the future.

ossuary
06-24-2014, 03:38 PM
Feature Request!

Please give us a search box and some filters on the "My Listings" tab as well. If you have several hundred items on the go, and you want to check on one in particular, it can be extremely hard to track it down. Should be pretty easy to implement?

mach
06-24-2014, 03:39 PM
This has been discussed extensively by the community over the last several months.

Chark has stated that he agrees a Bid/Ask system would be better, and they are intending to move towards that system in the future. However, it has a significantly larger development time (especially since they had already started on version 1 of the AH at that point), so we get the standard AH for now, and BAS will come at some point in the future.

This makes me wonder why they bothered spending the development time on the Auction feature, which is more annoying than useful. Fixed-price listings are just so much more convenient.

Xavon
06-24-2014, 06:41 PM
A scroll bar, a scroll bar, my kingdom for a scroll bar.

Yoss
06-24-2014, 07:11 PM
My input (for now):
Having a Bid price should be optional. If I only want to list for Buyout I should be able to, and vice versa.

It would be nice to see the pricing history when buying/selling to see the trend. I know it'll take while to build a database, but it's nice to be able to have a baseline comparison especially when you're selling.

Need this.

1. Being able to sell groups of cards at a time. Better yet, allow a player to sell play sets so that we could go below the plat limitation on a group of cards.
I'd rather have the system let you list any number of "identical" items in one go, but still list them as singles in the actual output to the system. The plat minimum for listing is retarded and should be removed. (I can give reasons if it's not obvious why.)

Also, just as an FYI for people, you are not setting a Max Bid (ebay-style), you will instantly be paying whatever number you put in.

Ebay style bidding should be implemented, assuming it's not patented.

Totally agree. See link in my sig for how Hex can modify the GW2 system to still highlight the non-fungible nature of Hex cards.

Ferur
06-25-2014, 12:14 AM
are the GW2 trading post buy/sell-orders similar to eve online? if so i totally agree :)

ossuary
06-25-2014, 04:12 AM
are the GW2 trading post buy/sell-orders similar to eve online? if so i totally agree :)

Yes, but not as good as EVE's. And as I said above, Chark says we will be getting this at some point in the future. This is just version one for now. :)

toaster4k
06-25-2014, 06:54 AM
Well that card is one of these best cards in the game. As long as you don't have it in your starting hand, you'll pretty much get to play it for free.

And it's not even a bad card to topdeck as a 4/4 steadfast flyier is still pretty nice.

Or, as i found out in a draft, if the angel is the first card u pick before u can play a shard, and cant meet the threshold requirement for its ability :(

Kroan
06-25-2014, 09:44 AM
My feedback:

Feedback

Buying
1) Make Bid and Buyout two seperate columns
2) Remove card-image from the list (or make it an option)
3) Show more results on a page (possible due to #2), or even better: A scrollbar with a lazy-loading table
4) Items that are already have a bid on by me should be marked / highlighted
5) Bidding should be preferable done in Ebay style
6) Using the 'buyout only' option should auto-sort on buyout price (low to high)
7) For each item I would like to see a number how many I already have in my collection
8) If I sort on buyout prices, I expect cards with no buyout to be at the bottom of the list, not at the top

My Bids
1) 'My Bids' doesn't make any sense to me. Maybe the data is not correct?

Selling
1) I would like to put up items without a bidding option. (I hate bidding)
2) If I have multiple of a card in my inventory, I'd like the interface just to automatically select the next one when I posted the first.
3) Again images are useless in this interface, please remove them... we can always double-click the name if we forgot what a card does
4) In the 'Pick a card' pop-up, the rows in the 'row view' are way to high.
5) Please split "My Listings" and "Create a auction" into two seperate tabs, because
6) If I select an item, I would like to automatically have all auctions of items with the same name on the right side of the screen, so I can see what the lowest prices are and how many competition there is. This could be extended with historical data in the future.
7) Make the box for gold or platinum more obvious. It might have been my fault, but I sold a legendary for 900g instead of 900p by accident.

MatWith1T
06-25-2014, 09:54 AM
My input (for now):

Ebay style bidding should be implemented, assuming it's not patented.

Since when have patents stopped Hex? ZING! :)

Werlix
06-25-2014, 01:20 PM
I think the "My Bids" page has some bugs in the display... I often see multiple of the same card and it doesn't always line up with the cards I'm actually bidding on.

EntropyBall
06-25-2014, 01:31 PM
Buying
1) Make Bid and Buyout two seperate columns
2) Remove card-image from the list (or make it an option)
3) Show more results on a page (possible due to #2), or even better: A scrollbar with a lazy-loading table
4) Items that are already have a bid on by me should be marked / highlighted
5) Bidding should be preferable done in Ebay style
6) Using the 'buyout only' option should auto-sort on buyout price (low to high)
7) For each item I would like to see a number how many I already have in my collection
8) If I sort on buyout prices, I expect cards with no buyout to be at the bottom of the list, not at the top

My Bids
1) 'My Bids' doesn't make any sense to me. Maybe the data is not correct?

Selling
1) I would like to put up items without a bidding option. (I hate bidding)
2) If I have multiple of a card in my inventory, I'd like the interface just to automatically select the next one when I posted the first.
3) Again images are useless in this interface, please remove them... we can always double-click the name if we forgot what a card does
4) In the 'Pick a card' pop-up, the rows in the 'row view' are way to high.
5) Please split "My Listings" and "Create a auction" into two seperate tabs, because
6) If I select an item, I would like to automatically have all auctions of items with the same name on the right side of the screen, so I can see what the lowest prices are and how many competition there is. This could be extended with historical data in the future.
7) Make the box for gold or platinum more obvious. It might have been my fault, but I sold a legendary for 900g instead of 900p by accident.

I'd like to +1 pretty much this whole list. The card images in the rows is a really bad UI decision IMO. You could get substantially more data on the screen, and just have it display the card on a mouse-over or double-click. Of course I'm sure some people would complain that your game looks like Excel, but an AH should be efficient before its pretty (IMO).

Zophie
06-25-2014, 02:29 PM
Many of my suggestions have already been mentioned, but the three things I'd like to see most right now are:

- Add a column to sort by Buyout price.
- Show search results of current sales when setting up a listing for easier pricing reference.
- Add a column to show the Seller's name in the search results. This is minor but I feel it would add another level of community involvement with the market.

Svenn
06-25-2014, 02:37 PM
Many of my suggestions have already been mentioned, but the three things I'd like to see most right now are:

- Add a column to sort by Buyout price.
- Show search results of current sales when setting up a listing for easier pricing reference.
- Add a column to show the Seller's name in the search results. This is minor but I feel it would add another level of community involvement with the market.
You can already sort by Buyout Price. You click the price column 3 times to sort by lowest buyout. First is sort by lowest bid, second is highest bid, third is lowest buyout, and fourth is highest buyout.

I REALLY want a thing showing current listings (or at the very least the current lowest listing) so I have an idea of pricing.

Zophie
06-25-2014, 02:50 PM
You can already sort by Buyout Price. You click the price column 3 times to sort by lowest buyout. First is sort by lowest bid, second is highest bid, third is lowest buyout, and fourth is highest buyout.

Huh, I thought something was weird about the sorting in that column, just hard to tell when it's bugged and only showing 15 results so I hadn't noticed, good catch :)

EntropyBall
06-25-2014, 03:24 PM
Searching for "Lord Alexander" returns a full page of listings for Lord Adam.
Searching for "Courage" gets you Lord Alexander

ossuary
06-25-2014, 04:14 PM
That's because the search field returns matches based on card text as well as name. Try searching for "escalation" to see what I mean. This also makes it basically impossible (until the 15 results bug is fixed) to find a listing for Inferno, since it keeps returning cheap results for the Incantation of Fury (card text mentions Inferno Elemental).

So we need an option to search just by name or card text distinctly, at some point in the future. This will be much more important once there are more sets and several thousand cards to search for. :)

Also, +7,000 for the request to let us see current auctions for the same card when we're setting a price on the My Listings tab. :p

Glae
06-25-2014, 05:08 PM
I'd like the bid system to work like more like eBay than an old timey auction.

Edwin20er
06-26-2014, 01:25 AM
I'd personally like to be able to see an AH somewhere on a website, easier to navigate, easier to view all the things going on.

I'd also like to see more than 5 results on a page, you've got a hoverable image of each card, no real reason to make everything even resemble legible.

ossuary
06-26-2014, 05:43 AM
So it looks like the "Price Max" field searches on current bid price. There doesn't appear to be an option to limit searches by max buyout. Can we please get this ASAP? There's not much point limiting a search on price if it doesn't actually use that ceiling to help you find cards within that max range. ;)

Quasari
06-26-2014, 06:18 AM
So it looks like the "Price Max" field searches on current bid price. There doesn't appear to be an option to limit searches by max buyout. Can we please get this ASAP? There's not much point limiting a search on price if it doesn't actually use that ceiling to help you find cards within that max range. ;)
It actually looks like it only looks at what the initial bid was. e.g. I bid something at 30p up to 31[, put the price max at 30p, and the 31p item(and others that went higher) were in the search.

ossuary
06-26-2014, 06:31 AM
All I know is there doesn't seem to be a way to search by max buyout, and there really, really needs to be. :)

Yoss
06-26-2014, 05:12 PM
Requests (many of these ideas are not mine)
All auctions have bidding, instant fulfillment, or both. (i.e. having a Bid price should not be mandatory and neither should Buyout.)
Allow on-AH trade of Gold for packages of 100 Plat (Pricing and fees in Gold.)
All perfect commodities (packs, chests, mercs, equipment, currency, crafting materials, etc) in separate section(s) and implemented as Bid/Ask
Searchable fields (cards): Card Name, Set, AA (yes/no/-), Min XP% (which covers Foils by entering 100%), EA (yes/no/-), and an Achievements button for a pop-up to select must-have achievements
Search fields should NOT search on other features like combat power or card text; this is what Card Manager should be for.
Searchable fields (equipment): Item Name (searches on both the equipment name AND the associated card name)
Searchable fields (crafting mats): Item Name
Searchable fields (currency): none
Reverse auctions for cards (Sellers bid downward to a Buyer) or Buy Orders.
3rd Party API (to enable custom tooltips and analysis, AH tracking websites, etc)
Provide the ability to filter on Successful Listings.
Keep AH data on the AH, do not use the Mail system. User history should have a spot in the AH.
Remove artificial price floors.
Be smart about removing/replacing cards from decks. If I own enough copies (including AA!) to keep my decks valid, the system should auto-update my decks to remain valid.
Precise auction end times, not "<12 hours"
Make Bid and Buyout two seperate columns
Remove card-image from all lists. One image can be displayed bottom left in a context-sensitive way.
Show more results per page and add a lazy-loading scrollbar.
Highlight items I'm already bidding on so that I do not re-bid over myself or go bid on another of the same accidentally.
Bidding should be ebay proxy style.
Using the 'buyout only' option should auto-sort on buyout price (low to high)
For each item I would like to see a number how many I already have in my collection
If I sort on buyout prices, I expect cards with no buyout to be at the bottom of the list, not at the top
Show search results of current sales when setting up a listing for easier pricing reference

Please DON'T do this. If you want a personal touch, go to Trade Chat.

Lawlschool
06-26-2014, 05:37 PM

Please DON'T do this. If you want a personal touch, go to Trade Chat.

Seconded. Given some of the nasty messages my AH toons would get in WoW, I'd prefer to keep AH-ing anonymous.

Attaching names to high-level crafted items could be cool, however.

Zophie
06-26-2014, 07:47 PM
Seconded. Given some of the nasty messages my AH toons would get in WoW, I'd prefer to keep AH-ing anonymous.

Attaching names to high-level crafted items could be cool, however.

Yeah this idea was just coming from my experience doing a lot of AH trading in WoW and getting to know some of the major sellers on the server and I felt it added another level of strategy to playing the market. For example, being able to know that certain traders make deals on certain days of the week lets you focus your efforts on making trades on the days they aren't as active.

I never had any kind of negative social experiences with this but rather the opposite, I actually made some friends with other like minded traders, and it even would occasionally lead to making lucrative trade arrangements between us as a result. Also, if some immature person is trolling or harassing you then we should be able to block them or report them for harassment if it's a problem.

There will be a certain part of the playerbase that will really get into playing the market and consider that to be just as important as the rest of the game. These players may even spend more time trading than actually playing the game, and I think this group of players would benefit from having their names out there. Think of it this way, if I am a trader, and I want to increase my opportunities for additional trades, I might want my name out there so I can increase my exposure and maybe lead me to more opportunities.

Also, perhaps you have friends/guildmates that also play the market, you might have arrangements with them or might simply not want to undercut their sales on certain things, and having names available will help ensure you don't inadvertently do that.

We obviously wouldn't need this for a bulk commodities market if those options are put in the game later, but for individual item sales I like to know who I'm doing business with.

Lawlschool
06-26-2014, 08:16 PM
Yeah this idea was just coming from my experience doing a lot of AH trading in WoW and getting to know some of the major sellers on the server and I felt it added another level of strategy to playing the market. For example, being able to know that certain traders make deals on certain days of the week lets you focus your efforts on making trades on the days they aren't as active.

Fair point, there was some extra fun / strategy in knowing who the other players in a market were. Getting in to wars of attrition with glyphs / gems and seeing who died off first was amusing. Plus, made picking bots out pretty easy. Though I did get some people who'd get pretty pissed at me for undercutting them.

Kroan
06-27-2014, 03:51 AM
Well, in WoW you had your bank-alt to do all the AH'ing, so you basically kept yourself pretty anonymous . At least that's what I did.

Lawlschool
06-27-2014, 07:42 AM
Well, in WoW you had your bank-alt to do all the AH'ing, so you basically kept yourself pretty anonymous . At least that's what I did.

Oh absolutely, though not quite sure how well that will work in Hex. Switching between alts was easy enough, but switching accounts and transferring stuff from account to account might be more complicated / onerous.

EntropyBall
06-27-2014, 08:27 AM
Also, perhaps you have friends/guildmates that also play the market, you might have arrangements with them or might simply not want to undercut their sales on certain things, and having names available will help ensure you don't inadvertently do that.

We obviously wouldn't need this for a bulk commodities market if those options are put in the game later, but for individual item sales I like to know who I'm doing business with.

To limit collusion and market manipulation, shouldn't they keep them anonymous then?

Also, I like pretty much all of Yoss' list.

Zophie
06-27-2014, 09:52 AM
To limit collusion and market manipulation, shouldn't they keep them anonymous then?

The existence of every other trader on the market already limits the amount of manipulation possible. Everyone that buys and sells is effectively manipulating the market at some level.

Also it's not collusion, it's simply professional courtesy, and with the market being as large as it's going to be this will only really be relevant to extremely niche items.

ossuary
07-03-2014, 06:31 AM
UI request: currently, when you change your sorting options or do a new search, the AH leaves you on whatever page you were previously on. So if you were looking at page 20 of the results, and your new search only has 2 pages of results, you have to scroll backwards through 18 pages of results to get back to the beginning. Can this please be updated to that whenever you do a new search or change your sorting options you go back to page 1? ;)

Yoss
07-03-2014, 08:12 AM
UI request: currently, when you change your sorting options or do a new search, the AH leaves you on whatever page you were previously on. So if you were looking at page 20 of the results, and your new search only has 2 pages of results, you have to scroll backwards through 18 pages of results to get back to the beginning. Can this please be updated to that whenever you do a new search or change your sorting options you go back to page 1? ;)

Agreed.

In addition, when I DON'T change my settings, but just click to a different tab (like my bids), there should not be a full reload and reset; it should remember where I was and only refresh, not reset.