PDA

View Full Version : How about playing some SEALED? The best way to open many packs!

a-V-e-n
06-25-2014, 01:48 PM
The prizes (and plat cost) just doubled so the 8-man sealed events are basically equal to playing 2 drafts when it comes to value received.

It's about the prize pool for the low low extra plat cost. If your expected win rate is 50% then 200 plat gets you the average of 3 packs. Same as at drafts but 2x faster.

Given how cheap Booster Packs are on the AH and the fact many of us still hold large amounts of them Sealed events should be firing much more often. I think playing Sealed is the best way to open large amounts of packs. One most important advantage over drafting is time. Even for an average player/drafter going through 100+ packs by drafting is going to take forever. I love drafting as the more skill intensive way of play but given the value of

It could also be a good alternative for those who don't feel good at drafting.

So why people don't join Sealed queue? I have finally just managed to start one, but it may be the first since update.

Ferur
06-25-2014, 01:51 PM
so what you are saying is that if i play sealed i am out of boosters twice as fast :(

i should mention that i wasnt in the kickstarter or slackerbacker, so for me every pack counts.

wutae
06-25-2014, 02:17 PM
I kidda agree on this, by the speed i am going right now, it will be impossible to open all my packs or at least most part of packs until august.

nicosharp
06-25-2014, 02:17 PM
Its the best chance for bad-to-average players to win more packs.
I personally will play some sealed, but I wouldn't say it's better than draft from a value-standpoint.
Draft from an Estimated Value perspective, will always be better if you are confident in yourself.
Plus you pick 45 cards you want from the 276 cards you get to see. Vs. getting handed 90 cards that are preset.

Svenn
06-25-2014, 02:39 PM
If I wasn't so busy with Wildstar right now I would play Sealed (and if my free draft tickets could be used as half a sealed entry fee that would help too). I enjoy both Draft and Sealed, and right now I have way more boosters than I can use drafting any time soon.

Lawlschool
06-25-2014, 04:04 PM
Now that I'm picking up packs for barely over a buck on the AH, I've been itching for some sealed. Maybe there will be a surge over the weekend, especially since they did what everyone was clamoring about and doubled the fee/prizes.

Edit: Speak of the devil, 6/8 sealed queue right as I log in, 5min later I'm in a sealed match!

MatWith1T
06-25-2014, 04:09 PM
I'm hoping to play a lot of sealed this weekend. Hopefully my hours will sync up with you guys.

Glae
06-25-2014, 04:56 PM
Did they ever fix how drops destroy sealed pairings and payouts?

cferejohn
06-25-2014, 05:21 PM
Did they ever fix how drops destroy sealed pairings and payouts?

They said that was fixed in the recent patch notes. Straight up pack-per-win now.

Thraeg
06-25-2014, 05:36 PM
I'd like to play some sealed now that the prizing is fixed, but every time I'm on, the queue is empty. Can't complain too much, as I like draft more overall, but sealed makes for a nice change of pace.

Incindium
06-25-2014, 06:26 PM
There are a couple in sealed queue currently and we had one fire off last night without to much waiting.

aatttt
06-26-2014, 03:41 AM
Well i would love to play sealed... if it is single elimination!!!

:(

Norious
06-26-2014, 01:48 PM
My time constraints are getting worse, so I will be looking at sealed games whenever I can. Send me a friend request if you like sealed gameplay