PDA

View Full Version : HEX Update - Auction House and More!

Shaqattaq
06-27-2014, 04:23 PM
Hi HEXers! We successfully launched a patch last week that included some quality-of-life updates, as well as multiple new features! Letís take a look at how things are running.

https://hextcg.com/hex-update-auction-house-and-more/

jasta85
06-27-2014, 05:20 PM
Woot, finally i can hopefully get those few legendaries that have been eluding me and now sell off the many, many excess cards i have, good stuff

TheMeadow
06-27-2014, 05:55 PM
Tournaments didn't seem too buggy so hopefully we'll see them back next week. Also, a suggestion for when it does come back is highlighting the user's name when pairings are up because the current way of just scrolling through a list is just inefficient and ineffective.

Rokz
06-27-2014, 06:19 PM
Auction House works great for the initial implementation, fix the bugs like only having 15 search items, bidding on multiples of the same item and the temperamental "MY BIDS" tab. Then it would great to have greater search refinement, the ability to see more results on the one screen and an eBay type of bidding system.

Mahes
06-27-2014, 07:18 PM
I presume lethal = Deathtouch.

Gwaer
06-27-2014, 08:01 PM
Depending on how long it is going to be before we get PVE type elements, and heck even after that, I would like a way to redo the starter trials for no rewards. Just to mix up the decks I'm playing against when I'm trying to do super secret deck testing.

Yoss
06-27-2014, 08:11 PM
I agree it would be great to be able to re-do the trials for no rewards, or maybe just have those AI become part of the normal AI rotation once you've bested a particular set of 3.

As far as AH goes, it is indeed awesome to have a market in game. For future upgrades, here's a list from me with the help of several others:
(many of these ideas are not mine)
All auctions have bidding, instant fulfillment, or both. (i.e. having a Bid price should not be mandatory and neither should Buyout.)
Allow on-AH trade of Gold for packages of 100 Plat (Pricing and fees in Gold.)
All perfect commodities (packs, chests, mercs, equipment, currency, crafting materials, etc) in separate section(s) and implemented as Bid/Ask
Searchable fields (cards): Card Name, Set, AA (yes/no/-), Min XP% (which covers Foils by entering 100%), EA (yes/no/-), and an Achievements button for a pop-up to select must-have achievements
Search fields should NOT search on other features like combat power or card text; this is what Card Manager should be for.
Searchable fields (equipment): Item Name (searches on both the equipment name AND the associated card name)
Searchable fields (crafting mats): Item Name
Searchable fields (currency): none
Reverse auctions for cards (Sellers bid downward to a Buyer) or Buy Orders.
3rd Party API (to enable custom tooltips and analysis, AH tracking websites, etc)
Provide the ability to filter on Successful Listings.
Keep AH data on the AH, do not use the Mail system. User history should have a spot in the AH.
Remove artificial price floors.
Be smart about removing/replacing cards from decks. If I own enough copies (including AA!) to keep my decks valid, the system should auto-update my decks to remain valid.
Precise auction end times, not "<12 hours"
Make Bid and Buyout two seperate columns
Remove card-image from all lists. One image can be displayed bottom left in a context-sensitive way.
Show more results per page and add a lazy-loading scrollbar.
Highlight items I'm already bidding on so that I do not re-bid over myself or go bid on another of the same accidentally.
Bidding should be ebay proxy style.
Using the 'buyout only' option should auto-sort on buyout price (low to high)
For each item I would like to see a number how many I already have in my collection
If I sort on buyout prices, I expect cards with no buyout to be at the bottom of the list, not at the top
Show search results of current sales when setting up a listing for easier pricing reference

Chiany
06-27-2014, 08:28 PM
I miss the times where the Friday update actually told us something new...

Ferezal
06-27-2014, 09:45 PM
A little bit of gold for defeating AI or another player in the proving grounds, so at least the free to play people could buy commons

FoundInTheFlood
06-28-2014, 01:43 AM
A little bit of gold for defeating AI or another player in the proving grounds, so at least the free to play people could buy commons +1

BlackRoger
06-28-2014, 02:01 AM
I have been a little underwhelmed by the starter trials.
All 3 battles were against the same deck (or at least against the same hero), so it felt rather repetitive.
It would be nice if you could mix it up a little.

Odai
06-28-2014, 02:28 AM
I presume lethal = Deathtouch.

pretty sure it would be that, i wonder how many more MTG abilites they will copy before they come up with their own ^^

Gwaer
06-28-2014, 09:45 AM
Like escalation perhaps? A troop that kills another troop upon doing any damage, not exactly unique or difficult to come up with, but does present a worthwhile strategy. Same with flying, swiftstrike, crush, you name it. None if those are particularly novel, they're simple concepts that many games use.

mach
06-28-2014, 11:33 AM
Like escalation perhaps? A troop that kills another troop upon doing any damage, not exactly unique or difficult to come up with, but does present a worthwhile strategy. Same with flying, swiftstrike, crush, you name it. None if those are particularly novel, they're simple concepts that many games use.

Each of them individually, sure. It's when you stick them all together as your set of standard keywords where you end up getting sued.

a-V-e-n
06-28-2014, 11:59 AM
1 simple but really needed auction house update - make the auctions I'm currently bidding on stand out visually among the browsed auctions in the Buy tab. Just like my auctions are. I have outbidded myself too many times, with no way to tell if I have bid on that particular auction or not.

DuroNL
06-30-2014, 07:16 AM
Can we add a count down to the AH? i mean the <12 is just not going to cut it... i'd love to do some biddings on cards that are close to auction end, so seeing minutes would be great! that way i know if i should stick around the AH or i can do other stuff like a Draft or something.

Also, i think its a bug, but why only 15 results?

DuroNL
06-30-2014, 07:23 AM
pretty sure it would be that, i wonder how many more MTG abilites they will copy before they come up with their own ^^

Escalation and Gems seem to be 2 abilities they came up with, also something that probably only works in Digital games...
I'm sure there will follow more abilities, and cards like Sabbotage are also a nice new thing they invented...

Yoss
06-30-2014, 01:12 PM
Can we add a count down to the AH? i mean the <12 is just not going to cut it... i'd love to do some biddings on cards that are close to auction end, so seeing minutes would be great! that way i know if i should stick around the AH or i can do other stuff like a Draft or something.

Proxy bidding (like ebay) would fix it while still keeping the snipers away.

DuroNL
07-01-2014, 12:50 PM
Proxy bidding (like ebay) would fix it while still keeping the snipers away.

Yup, exactly that! would be great to see that!