PDA

View Full Version : Who would be interested in an Open Beta run of The Chalice of Hues?

AstaSyneri
06-29-2014, 12:50 PM
Hi guys!

Some of you may have heard of that PvEbP dungeon event called the Chalice of Hues (http://www.unnamed-council.com/dungeon).

We have been asked to do this again, and we might (in August?). In order to do this, I'd like to know who would be interested in participating.

Update: We are calling up all interested DMs in joining us. If you are not a member of TUC already, we have established a "Honored Guest" status for our guild website.

Please contact me first for details, then (assuming my approval) please register on our website to become a "member", but ask for Honored Guest status.

jdizzle
06-29-2014, 01:10 PM
I'm down

BossHoss
06-29-2014, 01:15 PM
I'm up...

for it.

ossuary
06-29-2014, 01:31 PM
I'd be willing to jump in this time. I didn't have nearly enough cards (or time!) last time around, but I should be up for it around August.

Baldo
06-29-2014, 02:04 PM
Still interested. Didn't get around to enlisting in a team last time.

Xenavire
06-29-2014, 02:08 PM
I might put my hat in for this. Depends on how many EU teams have spots open at the time.

QuartZ
06-29-2014, 03:00 PM
Im up for it, EU as well

Bullus
06-29-2014, 03:25 PM
presume it is still ardent only champs, my dark queen Uzume would be displeased if i sided with the ardent scum :)

fierock
06-29-2014, 05:02 PM
I'd be interested!

Miyordon
06-29-2014, 06:38 PM
US Pacific.

Skirovik
06-29-2014, 07:44 PM
Should have more time in August. Also, hopefully you guys have a suitable time-slot available for Australians by August. :D

AdamAoE2
06-29-2014, 09:58 PM
I already did it, so I would be interested in DMing for US Time Slots if you'd have me. =)

down2one
06-29-2014, 10:02 PM
would love to join

OutlandishMatt
06-29-2014, 10:28 PM
I'd love to do this, for science! And of course, the podcast if you'd let me talk about it.

AstaSyneri
06-30-2014, 12:01 AM
Keep them coming - helps me gauge the interest.

As an aside - is there anybody here with mad HTML/PHP/MySQL skills? If we do a larger version, experience shows that we need to automate the team status a bit. I can outline a system that does that, and could probably program it, but I simply don't have the time with all that other stuff going on.

For somebody with the right skills it's probably not that much work, but it involves session data and I always struggle with those.

teddyclaw
06-30-2014, 01:53 AM
I have no idea of what that would entail, but I would certainly be up for a run (Central EU timezone).

AstaSyneri
06-30-2014, 02:29 AM
I have no idea of what that would entail, but I would certainly be up for a run (Central EU timezone).

You can find most of the information needed in the Closed Beta thread (http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=36349) or on our website (http://http://unnamed-council.com/dungeon).

GPrime
06-30-2014, 04:31 AM
Absolutely 100%. Just need to find a team. =)

Yoss
06-30-2014, 02:25 PM
I was very happy that you all put on the Closed Beta of this event. It has good potential to fill in while we wait for real PVE. I'd like to offer my feedback.

GOOD:
1. Theme. Most of the TUC DM team stayed in character and made interesting dialogue during the fight.
2. Challenge. None of the levels were too easy, nor too hard.
3. Creative mechanics. I liked the extra rules, like the T3 limitations.

BAD:
1. I had no feeling of being on a team, and in fact felt limited by it. I would rather have just played each challenge once by myself. Solving this problem is easy if you just remove the team aspect (hero gets 3HP and tries to make it), but if you want to keep the team structure (which I like in theory) then you'll have to rework the structure.

Brainstorm to fix the team feeling:
1. Maybe all team members must be online at once and each play a DM at the same time. Use Ventrillo (or whatever) so that you can feel like it's a raid. This would enable rules like the Volcannon rule from T3 to work across a 3-game battlefield, which would be cool. Downside, it could be rather hard to schedule these.
2. Do not allow the same player to beat a given challenge more than once. Tie progress to X wins or 100% completion, whichever comes first. EDIT: I would also require each member to play each level at least once.
3. Have things like the Raid Leader rule, but generic; each fight should affect future fights in some way. Combined with item 2, this makes team coordination about play order important. Anything to force collaboration is good. EDIT: Examples, each win knocks 1HP off the DM next fight, each loss knocks 1HP off the player next fight, two wins in a row makes the DM skip first turn on next fight, etc.

I'm sure more things could be envisioned.

Keep up the good work!

AstaSyneri
07-01-2014, 01:15 AM
Just for you to know - we are having a debrief thread in our forum (for the DMs) that I copy all constructive ideas into.

Thanks Yoss, for writing up your thoughts - I can only encourage all other Closed Beta participants to do the same :D

Pheelon
07-01-2014, 04:12 AM
interested as well - EU

Batz
07-01-2014, 04:53 AM
Im up, but i missed last time, is there actually a PvE from hex server been tested? How does it work?

cavench
07-01-2014, 11:02 AM
I can only encourage all other Closed Beta participants to do the same :D

There is one T4 game that I played against DM Helion. I lost that game but that game was my attempt to build a deck specifically to be anti-T4. Originally my deck is Orc aggro, but after gathering intels from my teammates I dropped orcs and built a completely different deck . Is this type of play style against TUC's design for the dungeon?

Yoss
07-01-2014, 12:49 PM
Just for you to know - we are having a debrief thread in our forum (for the DMs) that I copy all constructive ideas into.

Thanks Yoss, for writing up your thoughts - I can only encourage all other Closed Beta participants to do the same :D

Added an edit to #2.

AstaSyneri
07-02-2014, 12:57 AM
There is one T4 game that I played against DM Helion. I lost that game but that game was my attempt to build a deck specifically to be anti-T4. Originally my deck is Orc aggro, but after gathering intels from my teammates I dropped orcs and built a completely different deck . Is this type of play style against TUC's design for the dungeon?

Not at all, in fact it's intended. We are already limiting players in the initial choice of champion. After that you are supposed to work as a team, share information and do everything you can to succceed as a team - kind of a preview to raiding.

@Batz - this has nothing to do with official Hex PvE, hence PvEbP: Pve by Player. It is/was an event inspired by the challenge system of Warlord: Saga of the Storm or the Legends of the Five Rings challenge booths to push the existing mechanics to its limits, sort of doing a mock-up of Hex PvE.

ShadowM
07-02-2014, 02:22 AM
I wouldn't mind joining this, EU vs the world :P

fkwild
07-02-2014, 02:50 AM
I want join it.

Xenith
07-02-2014, 06:18 AM
I would also like to join the Open Beta!

EntropyBall
07-02-2014, 10:22 AM
I'd like to try it, still trying to drum up some interest in my guild.

Veetor
07-02-2014, 11:05 AM
Interested

Yoss
07-02-2014, 12:10 PM
Added more ideas to post 19 for you to consider.
http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=36780&page=2&p=387518&viewfull=1#post387518

AstaSyneri
07-03-2014, 07:25 AM
Still reading this thread...

There are summer vacations coming up (including mine, away with the family) and we won't start this until August 8th.

If we start it - 30 posts/participants is not really going to bring down the house and I am not sure enough that there are enough players who want to play to warrant the work.

Skirovik
07-03-2014, 09:11 PM
I'd like to try it, still trying to drum up some interest in my guild.

Consider me interested. :)

Bullus
07-04-2014, 03:02 AM
hmmm 8th of August is my birthday, maybe i will have to examine my allegiance to Uzume and come up with an Ardent deck

AstaSyneri
07-06-2014, 11:55 PM
Didn't ask before - any wishes on how to run things differently?

JFYI: There will be some slight rules changes, but it will stay a team event. I imagine that aspect will be strengthened.

Skirovik
07-07-2014, 01:48 AM
Didn't ask before - any wishes on how to run things differently?

Australia friendly timezones? :D

Xenith
07-07-2014, 06:26 AM
I would also would be down for an Australian timezone option!

AstaSyneri
07-07-2014, 06:50 AM
As would our own Idus and Parzival, amongst others. Unfortuantely we can't force Australians to have all the card and volunteer their time to take challenges.

Personally I would love to have one or two DMs in that time zone.

Bullus
07-07-2014, 11:19 AM
As would our own Idus and Parzival, amongst others. Unfortuantely we can't force Australians to have all the card and volunteer their time to take challenges.

Personally I would love to have one or two DMs in that time zone.

the main problem i see is that without a required decklist we can't know if we could even be DM's and i presume the decklists are a bit of secret to maintain the "surprise" of the fights, is there some sort of form we could fill out with how many of certain cards we have (including some not included in DM decks to keep the surprise) I personally have opened all 150+ packs i got from my DC KS tier and would be willing to be an oceanic DM, got at least 1 of 18 diff legendaries

AstaSyneri
07-08-2014, 04:48 AM
the main problem i see is that without a required decklist we can't know if we could even be DM's and i presume the decklists are a bit of secret to maintain the "surprise" of the fights, is there some sort of form we could fill out with how many of certain cards we have (including some not included in DM decks to keep the surprise) I personally have opened all 150+ packs i got from my DC KS tier and would be willing to be an oceanic DM, got at least 1 of 18 diff legendaries

Yeah, that's kind of the Catch 22 ;-). Basically if you are near playset, you can DM. The DMs do not play Ardent cards, ever. That's about the only disctinction. In terms of Legendaries this means, you should rather have the purple ones...

Bullus
07-08-2014, 06:53 AM
Yeah, that's kind of the Catch 22 ;-). Basically if you are near playset, you can DM. The DMs do not play Ardent cards, ever. That's about the only disctinction. In terms of Legendaries this means, you should rather have the purple ones...

well in regards to blood legendaries i have 1 each of vampire king and high tomb lord, 2 zombie plagues and 3 uruunaz, also pretty sure i would def be able to field the deck for the borrows encounter as i assume it is shin'hare and i have at least 4 of every shin'hare card and the directly associated cards

JonusHexx
07-08-2014, 09:27 AM
I would be interested

AstaSyneri
07-28-2014, 12:37 AM
Update: We are calling up all interested DMs in joining us. If you are not a member of TUC already, we have established a "Honored Guest" status for our guild website.

Please contact me first (via PM here or via my guild e-mail address (for previous participants)) for details, then (assuming my approval) please register on our website to become a "member", but ask for Honored Guest status.

WWKnight
07-28-2014, 08:47 PM
I have all the cards. I am Australian. I DM dungeons and Dragons.

I cant really say I know whats going on here, but it seems like fun and would like to help/participate in any way possible.

AstaSyneri
07-30-2014, 01:39 AM

I cant really say I know whats going on here, but it seems like fun and would like to help/participate in any way possible.

Sounds very promising :D. Would you apply as an honored guest on our website (http://unnamed-council.com/tucapp)?

Yoss
07-30-2014, 02:11 PM
If you just want sheer numbers of helpers, I'm willing to build the decks and randomly DM for people who whisper me in client. I'm not prepared to hold "office hours" dedicated to the task though and I doubt I'd be servicing that many customers. I'm aware this is a pretty crappy offer on my part, and will not be offended if you're not interested in such poor "help".

Skirovik
07-31-2014, 05:30 AM

Oooooh Yeah! Aussie DM will be awesome!