PDA

View Full Version : Possible AH 'exploit'

fido_one
06-29-2014, 02:03 PM
EDIT: Nevermind, there was an essential rule in the AH I didn't see so this thread is bogus. Nothing to see here! I've saved my OP below just so you know what Xen's response is about.

------
Hey all,

I don't think anyone is really doing this too much, but I'm starting to see hints of taking advantage of the AH and the known bugs (such as the max 15 listing). I haven't sold anything on the AH, so if there is something in place to combat this I'll edit out this OP.

Using packs as an example:

If there are packs at 50p starting bids with 12 hour timings, bid on them
Auction 15 packs at 12+ hour timings at 2p start, 200p buyout.
Pull your auction packs after/if you get the 50p packs

Basically people will bid on your packs which you'll pull before they land, giving you an opportunity to grab the 'real' price value bids as they time out.

Does CZE have something where it will no longer allow you to bid after x amount of AH postings you pull? On the first day I pulled 3 listings as they were too high to compete and didn't see any notification that it would penalize or flag me for removing those listings.

Xenavire
06-29-2014, 02:11 PM
Um... I don't think you realised this yet, but if your item gets a bid, you can't remove it from the AH anymore. Putting it up for 2p would just allow people to bid on it, potentially forcing it up above the packs you already bid on... Which would ultimately just lose you packs rather than scoring you deals.

Not a good idea, really.

fido_one
06-29-2014, 02:14 PM
Um... I don't think you realised this yet, but if your item gets a bid, you can't remove it from the AH anymore. Putting it up for 2p would just allow people to bid on it, potentially forcing it up above the packs you already bid on... Which would ultimately just lose you packs rather than scoring you deals.

Not a good idea, really.

Ah great, sorry for the false thread then; my items never had bids, and I was hunting for packs today and kept on seeing 2p packs 'disappear' but it must have been people bidding it up to the other packs.

This makes sense! Did I miss this explanation or is it just something you find out when you use the AH enough?

I'm going to edit my OP here, thanks Xen.

Xenavire
06-29-2014, 02:20 PM
It's something I learned due to people being burned by people bidding on things they accidentally listed too low (I think Yoss is an example, and a few others have mentioned having issues.)

Glad I can pass on the knowledge.