PDA

View Full Version : Auction House, Quality of Life Improvements

whiteyzz
06-29-2014, 11:21 PM
1. Remove Highest Bid / Highest buyout
it's pointless... other then for people to go HAHAHAHA someone is selling a yeti 1/1 with speed for the price of 2 black lotus' (10k $) it has no point and could be confusing as something could have low bid / high buy which could scam people into buying way over priced cards

make this a toggle to search by so the player knows what they're searching for

2. Buyout Only
Commons, Uncommons, Poop Rares all suffer from one thing... bid is pointless unless you really want to save that one platnium and wait 48 hours for a card but honestly this does two things

a. Cleans out inventories
b. Less of a hassle for those selling them

just have it set as a search option and sort them by FIFO (first in first out)

3. Have AH remember the prices your selling specific cards your selling
right now it seems to remember the duration but with the above not existing this makes mass selling of cards slow and tedius, it would again help

4. With no Search, have one card at the cheapest buyout or bid (your choice) then another card again likewise, but never have multiples of the same card on the auction house, this will make it cleaner and easier for new players to look at the cards, right now you generally just find 15 of one (or two) cards

Rokz
06-29-2014, 11:54 PM
1. Remove Highest Bid / Highest buyout
it's pointless... other then for people to go HAHAHAHA someone is selling a yeti 1/1 with speed for the price of 2 black lotus' (10k $) it has no point and could be confusing as something could have low bid / high buy which could scam people into buying way over priced cards

make this a toggle to search by so the player knows what they're searching for

2. Buyout Only
Commons, Uncommons, Poop Rares all suffer from one thing... bid is pointless unless you really want to save that one platnium and wait 48 hours for a card but honestly this does two things

a. Cleans out inventories
b. Less of a hassle for those selling them

just have it set as a search option and sort them by FIFO (first in first out)

3. Have AH remember the prices your selling specific cards your selling
right now it seems to remember the duration but with the above not existing this makes mass selling of cards slow and tedius, it would again help

4. With no Search, have one card at the cheapest buyout or bid (your choice) then another card again likewise, but never have multiples of the same card on the auction house, this will make it cleaner and easier for new players to look at the cards, right now you generally just find 15 of one (or two) cards

1. I don't understand your idea.

2. I've used this and benefited from this successfully many times. What's so bad about waiting for an item for a bargain price? You want your item NOW, you will pay NOW prices.

3. Yeah this would be extremely handy, I'm sure this will be implemented and the whole selling items feature will be streamlined.

4. The 15 items thing is a bug, therefore, temporary. The other thing your asking for is a Bid/Ask system, this is NOT going to happen and has been requested a few times already. Once the bugs are ironed out it will run smoothly.

whiteyzz
06-30-2014, 10:51 AM
1. How it works if you press the minimum bid button it goes

1st Click : Lowest Bid
2nd Click : Highest Bid
3rd Click : Lowest Buyout
4th Click : Highest Buyout

WHAT IS THE POINT OF THE 2nd and 4th click, it's not like people want to go... MMm im in the mood to bid/buy my 5$ card for 1000$?
we only need Lowest Bid / Lowest Buyout that's it

2. It's not to REMOVE all other bidding but TO add a option as commons/uncommons/rares sold at minimum price will flood the market but instead give these cards a Permanent always on the AH so people dont have to every two days go oh well time to throw 400 cards back in! Again I'm talking about the cards that go on for 3/4, 10/11 ,30/31... what's the point of bidding because if it goes FIFO your cards going to be bought out so this saves users the trouble of contantly having to throw them back in... but i guess if your a penny pincher you can save that 1 cent up, and possibly put it on a 10% penalty instead of the normal 5%

3. Nothing to say here

4. Well I thought the 15 was intentional, well hopefully it get's fixxed

Yoss
06-30-2014, 01:26 PM
1. Disagree. Viewing highest may be useful once we have double-back stats.

2. Agree. You should not be required to offer a Bid price if you don't want to. (If you're actually saying to delete Bid from the system entirely, then I only agree if they implement Bid/Ask. Otherwise they should keep it as an option.)

3. Sorta agree. I'd rather they let you select multiple items at once and list them all with the same parameters (not a bundle, just a single entry to list more than one item at a time still as singles).

4. Not sure what you mean. Is this a "window shopping" feature for when you don't query a specific item and have a mixed list?

whiteyzz
06-30-2014, 01:46 PM
1. Disagree. Viewing highest may be useful once we have double-back stats.

2. Agree. You should not be required to offer a Bid price if you don't want to. (If you're actually saying to delete Bid from the system entirely, then I only agree if they implement Bid/Ask. Otherwise they should keep it as an option.)

3. Sorta agree. I'd rather they let you select multiple items at once and list them all with the same parameters (not a bundle, just a single entry to list more than one item at a time still as singles).

4. Not sure what you mean. Is this a "window shopping" feature for when you don't query a specific item and have a mixed list?

1. For doubleback couldn't they just make it a tab or selectable option so you can just find the cheapest one?

2. Nah I like both, it's just commons/uncommons dont really sell fast and it being FIFO, it's all about luck cause a bunch of people threw all their commons day 1 should be the first one to sell them, then those would be all the way at the back so everyone will get their turn for selling commons and uncommons here it's just random luck if they sell (aka a ton of others get off the market so you take their place and you become first... or you go off before anyone gets time to search for it)

3. That would be fine too, if not even better

4. Mhm more of a, I dont know what to get because if this becomes popular and down the road we have set 9009.3 in year 9025 (im exagerating but imagine the current AH with a game like magic where there would be over 1000+ commons/rares/uncommons for each colour for a new player he would easily miss out on said cards

Yoss
06-30-2014, 01:57 PM
4. The Card Manager is where you will eventually do your card browsing like you might do on Gatherer for MTG. The AH should be for buying and selling efficiently and search/filter only on things that only matter on the AH, not for browsing to figure out what card types you want. I think it's silly they have the "color" filters, and they should not be having the search include card text, abilities, attack, defense, type, uniqueness, or any other inherent property of the item. When you go to the AH, you should already know what you want, and only be worried about price (and double-back once that's in).

whiteyzz
06-30-2014, 03:47 PM
4. The Card Manager is where you will eventually do your card browsing like you might do on Gatherer for MTG. The AH should be for buying and selling efficiently and search/filter only on things that only matter on the AH, not for browsing to figure out what card types you want. I think it's silly they have the "color" filters, and they should not be having the search include card text, abilities, attack, defense, type, uniqueness, or any other inherent property of the item. When you go to the AH, you should already know what you want, and only be worried about price (and double-back once that's in). again to new players we would rather our AH is not confusing and messy... at this point I dont use the AH I have 4 or 3 of every card and dont need to touch but for newer players it is not user friendly, again unless you expect everyone to go straight to a wiki for the game they're playing ( I wouldn't if it was day one and just started playing, why do research for a game I might quit today or tomorrow? )

Yoss
06-30-2014, 03:49 PM
I'm not talking about a wiki, I'm talking about the in-client Card Manager. The features I'm talking about are not there yet. You will eventually be able to look at cards you do not own right there in the deck builder. You will even be able to put them into your decks and then buy them off the AH without even having to leave the deck builder. I imagine a "buy missing cards" button with a Buyout quote listed.

cavench
06-30-2014, 03:53 PM
I'm not talking about a wiki, I'm talking about the in-client Card Manager. The features I'm talking about are not there yet. You will eventually be able to look at cards you do not own right there in the deck builder. You will even be able to put them into your decks and then buy them off the AH without even having to leave the deck builder. I imagine a "buy missing cards" button with a Buyout quote listed.

This feature sounds cool. Did HexEnt mentioned this or is this just something from your wish list?

Xenavire
06-30-2014, 03:59 PM
This feature sounds cool. Did HexEnt mentioned this or is this just something from your wish list?

Something Cory himself mentioned more than once, IIRC. It is definitely a great feature that will see a ton of use, when it finally materialises.

hex_colin
06-30-2014, 04:13 PM

Yeah, I've had this confirmed on multiple occasions.

Ertzi
07-02-2014, 01:23 PM
I didn't know about these planned features, but they all sound incredibly awesome and useful when implemented.

Actually, because I can live with the current AH already, I can only imagine how sweet it will feel after a few QoL improvements, simply because I know where we started :)

Serax
07-02-2014, 04:56 PM
In regards to the Whole Bid/Buyout searching. I definately think it is a little clunky the way it is now having to sort the column multiple times to get what I want. I think it would almost be easier having Bid Column and a Buyout Column next to one another and just click the title of the column you want to sort, click once for ascending, click a second time for decending, simple and easy.

Skirovik
07-02-2014, 05:08 PM
In regards to the Whole Bid/Buyout searching. I definately think it is a little clunky the way it is now having to sort the column multiple times to get what I want. I think it would almost be easier having Bid Column and a Buyout Column next to one another and just click the title of the column you want to sort, click once for ascending, click a second time for decending, simple and easy.

Hopefully this gets implemented in the next QoL AH patch. :D