PDA

View Full Version : Minor Transcended One/Tutoring feature request

Zurai
07-01-2014, 09:14 PM
Currently, whenever you use Transcended One to search for a card in your deck, all of your basic resources are listed first. It takes a good 5 seconds or so to scroll through all of them, which gets really annoying for both you and your opponent and eats up unnecessary time on the clock. Would it be possible to move basic resources to the back of the list, since it's pretty rare that you'll be searching for a resource instead of a non-resource card with any tutor type effect? I assume all of this type of effect would use the same basic logic, so this is relevant to future sets as well.

poizonous
07-02-2014, 12:08 AM
I honestly wish it would show the deck in the correct order of your next draws. At least that way it feels like your deck actually is getting shuffled and your deck actually has an order of which cards come out. It is late and what I am saying is coming out not exactly how I want it to sound and I apologize. I think people can get the idea of what im trying to say though

YourOpponent
07-02-2014, 01:04 AM
I honestly wish it would show the deck in the correct order of your next draws. At least that way it feels like your deck actually is getting shuffled and your deck actually has an order of which cards come out. It is late and what I am saying is coming out not exactly how I want it to sound and I apologize. I think people can get the idea of what im trying to say though

Cards in alpha used to do that kind of stuff, but there is problems with that. For example it would let you know the card draw order in your deck...so if The Transcended got voided (since it doesn't shuffle your deck from the ability) then you would be able to know your cards you would be getting for multiple turns. As it is it makes things a little easier to find some of the cards that work best with The Transcended...being of course escalation cards and cards that have had replicator's gambit used on it. Why this is so is because cards that are put back into your deck appear last in your deck.

Still though I wouldn't see any harm in it with the resources going AFTER those cards even. It would help save some time in searching.

Unhurtable
07-02-2014, 02:20 AM
Or they should just show a list of items and then allow people to "zoom" in on those cards they are interested in (in case they want a specific card that has been buffed).

Ariamaki
07-02-2014, 03:05 AM
Or, honestly, because we're talking about a digital card game here?

Just have an actual search box below the current scrolling visuals, so you can narrow it down to what you want.

Xenavire
07-02-2014, 04:09 AM
They could just show stacks of cards, and seperate out modified cards. Highlander would remain as frustrating though.

Turtlewing
07-03-2014, 03:08 PM
Cards in alpha used to do that kind of stuff, but there is problems with that. For example it would let you know the card draw order in your deck...so if The Transcended got voided (since it doesn't shuffle your deck from the ability) then you would be able to know your cards you would be getting for multiple turns. As it is it makes things a little easier to find some of the cards that work best with The Transcended...being of course escalation cards and cards that have had replicator's gambit used on it. Why this is so is because cards that are put back into your deck appear last in your deck.

Still though I wouldn't see any harm in it with the resources going AFTER those cards even. It would help save some time in searching.

Paper TCGs deal with that issue by having "look at" abilities come with a "shuffle" effect. hex could do the same if it were desirable to see the cards in order.

Or, honestly, because we're talking about a digital card game here?

Just have an actual search box below the current scrolling visuals, so you can narrow it down to what you want.

I like that idea, search box and maybe some easy filters like color, and type so you can quickly turn off all non-trops and sift through for the best troop without having to remember exactly what's in your deck, or mucking about with queries more complex than a word or two.

They could just show stacks of cards, and seperate out modified cards. Highlander would remain as frustrating though.

Also a good idea, but I think it should be to set your preferred visualization as a game setting (so you can get a list view, the current view, a stack view, etc.)