PDA

View Full Version : ideas

taveren
07-07-2014, 02:39 AM
is there a place we can submit new card ideas and such other then just telling everyone on here

taveren
07-08-2014, 12:39 AM
nothing?

Gwaer
07-08-2014, 12:47 AM
You're in it.

zz_tophat
07-08-2014, 12:52 AM
Wait, can we submit ideas with an actual chance they could be used?

Many other TCGs I have been involved with over the years have, for legal reasons; not been able to use community ideas and some (WoTC for example, when it came to cards) have said on their forums that you can post as many suggestions as you want but they couldn't use them.

Gwaer
07-08-2014, 12:53 AM
*shrug* No idea. Likely their legal department would have a fit if they started using community ideas.

Zophie
07-08-2014, 12:54 AM
is there a place we can submit new card ideas and such other then just telling everyone on here

Let's hear your ideas, I'm ready

funktion
07-08-2014, 12:54 AM
Wait, can we submit ideas with an actual chance they could be used?

Many other TCGs I have been involved with over the years have, for legal reasons; not been able to use community ideas and some (WoTC for example, when it came to cards) have said on their forums that you can post as many suggestions as you want but they couldn't use them.

No seems we're all just a little bit confused by this thread perhaps? You're free to post whatever you like though, there have already been a number of community driven "what can you come up with" threads.

Gwaer
07-08-2014, 12:55 AM
Then again, they have taken a lot of community feedback in the past... The nature of this game is different than the old guard with the kickstarting, and the listening to our feedback and whatnot. Plus they did do the card design challenge and got some interns out of it...

Zophie
07-08-2014, 01:00 AM
Then again, they have taken a lot of community feedback in the past... The nature of this game is different than the old guard with the kickstarting, and the listening to our feedback and whatnot. Plus they did do the card design challenge and got some interns out of it...

I'm still waiting for them to implement my suggestion for Mimic's flavor text (http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=28080) ;)

Gwaer
07-08-2014, 01:05 AM
Haha, I remember that suggestion fondly. It was very good.

mach
07-08-2014, 01:35 AM
*shrug* No idea. Likely their legal department would have a fit if they started using community ideas.

It's not really a legal problem. It just needs to be done in a way that they have full legal rights to use your ideas for free.

The reason companies like WoTC don't allow unsolicited card design ideas is that it's not worth their employees time to read them.

whiteyzz
07-09-2014, 09:02 AM
I like the card when it dies it becomes the card from set two, aka the oracle creature that comes back to your hand and becomes oracle song, my idea would be

Blue -> Oracle Song
Red -> Burn
White -> Ambush, trying to think of a 2 cost manaish that isn't silly because 8 life drop would be silly
Green -> Artifact/Enchantment removal card (forget it's name)
Black -> Murder
Artifact -> Construction plans to rebuild itself?