PDA

View Full Version : Nobles on a Powertrip??

Jimcareyman77
07-16-2014, 06:58 PM
Where does it say in the agreement that the Nobles can ban anyone without showing documentation that they are allowed to do so for whatever infraction they interpreted. Isn't it a legal practice to show someone that they agreed not to do something before punishing them, ESPECIALLY when the person helped make this game possible by funding it through Kickstarter as many did? A person jokes with a "noble" in the chat and then gets an in-game mail warning that any further offense will be escalated to a 24 hour ban seems a bit extreme when the "noble" knows darn good and well that the person was joking because it wasn't the first time that person had joked with the "noble" on the same subject. You know who I am talking about Dreamleaf. I sent a response in-game mail telling you that you are being a bit too uptight about a joke and that everything else I had previously said was a joke and that you shouldn't go on a powertrip just because you had a bad day. I even ended it with a smiley face! I was then subsequently banned for it with no further notice or email. I pay monthly for VIP Program and I am a Kickstarter that spent quite a bit more than $1.00. Is this what we have to look forward to in the future? Power Trips? Ban someone for being belligerently rude. Ban someone for using extremely foul language. Don't ban someone for making a joke.

Lawlschool
07-16-2014, 07:00 PM
What was the joke?

Diesbudt
07-16-2014, 07:03 PM
If this is the person I am thinking of, it wasn't just a joke. The joke was at the end like they were saving face from acting like a troll and being rude and such before that and Noble told him/them to stop.

If it isn't, then nvm.

Fateanomaly
07-16-2014, 07:13 PM
It is not uncommon that only the deliverer of the "joke" think it is a joke but everyone else do not view it as such.

Gorgol
07-16-2014, 07:13 PM
If this is the person I am thinking of, it wasn't just a joke. The joke was at the end like they were saving face from acting like a troll and being rude and such before that and Noble told him/them to stop.

If it isn't, then nvm.

It is.

Jimcareyman77
07-16-2014, 07:14 PM
Yes, Ashmander, it was a joke. I have repeatedly joked with him about it. I wasn't trying to save face. If was trying to save face, I wouldn't have sent the response mail that I sent, would I? That wouldn't be the logical thing to do. Everything I said tonight was a joke because everyone was getting so defensive about it. People need to learn to lighten up and "nobles" need to learn to not abuse their power.

ylhos
07-16-2014, 07:15 PM
Sounds like you got warned, and failed to adhere. Where's the problem? People didn't appreciate your joke? What was the joke?

ylhos
07-16-2014, 07:17 PM
Everything I said tonight was a joke because everyone was getting so defensive about it. People need to learn to lighten up and "nobles" need to learn to not abuse their power.

So it is a joke, because people were getting defensive about it? What happens if they weren't defensive? If you had to say the quoted phrase (esp. the bolded), then clearly what you said was terrible.

Gwaer
07-16-2014, 07:22 PM
Maybe forum complaining about a ban can get it extended. Some places have policies like that in place right? Can we get one of those? Riot please!

Also you may be the first ban! Congrats!

Jimcareyman77
07-16-2014, 07:27 PM
All I was joking about was saying CZE wasn't doing anything they said they would do, which anyone with half a brain would know was a joke because the remark is so off the mark. The people that didn't have half a brain to realize it got defensive about it. Dreamleaf came in and told us to take it to whispers or forums and I told Dreamleaf he should find something to eat. I was joking to Dreamleaf because I've told him before that every time I've happened to be in the proving grounds and he shows up, he's saying that he's going on break to grab a bite to eat. Seeing him pop in there, I immediately brought it up as a joke. He got defensive about it and next thing I know I got the warning. Now I agree that not everyone can tell when someone is joking in text, but again, my original remark was so obviously not true that it should have been recognized for what it was. Ashmander was one of the ones that got upset. =P

Jimcareyman77
07-16-2014, 07:29 PM
Maybe forum complaining about a ban can get it extended. Some places have policies like that in place right? Can we get one of those? Riot please!

Also you may be the first ban! Congrats!

Hahaha. Unlike some, I have a great sense of humor. I would think that hilarious and wasn't unexpected when I posted it. =P

Gwaer
07-16-2014, 07:30 PM
Making people upset is not good for the environment of the game. I was present for that conversation as well, and it was uncalled for. When a joke is only funny to you, and everyone else just wants you to stop causing chat to blow up with nonsense, it's not a very good joke, and I'm happy with the precident that bad jokes get banned.

Jimcareyman77
07-16-2014, 07:31 PM
Back to the point, though....Isn't there suppose to be some form of showing documentation as to which infraction I "agreed" not to do is shown to make sure there is no misunderstanding as to a "power trip" or not?

Gorgol
07-16-2014, 07:32 PM
Making people upset is not good for the environment of the game. I was present for that conversation as well, and it was uncalled for. When a joke is only funny to you, and everyone else just wants you to stop causing chat to blow up with nonsense, it's not a very good joke, and I'm happy with the precident that bad jokes get banned.

1000x this.

Gwaer
07-16-2014, 07:33 PM
Pretty sure the tos says they can ban whoever they want for whatever they want. Though I imagine there are some controls on the back end, and it wasn't a permanent ban. So it could always be worse.

mach
07-16-2014, 07:35 PM

Banning people without a really good reason is also not good for the game, as people will become hesitant to invest money in their accounts.

I don't think merely making bad jokes should get you banned. At most, it should get you muted in chat.

Gwaer
07-16-2014, 07:37 PM
The "bad joke" was riling up everyone about how CZE was just a moneygrab, how they weren't producing content, were only interested in paid feature, had no desire to do anything about PVE. He was asked to cut it out in chat, and responded like a jerk to a mod. That's and expert course in how you get banned.

KingGabriel
07-16-2014, 07:37 PM
I was there, the comment given was mean-spirited and the "accused" seemed to be having a one-sided argument with the whole chat at the time. At the same time, he chose to state what had happened in general when i imagine it could have been happily resolved in just an apology through pm.

Gwaer
07-16-2014, 07:39 PM
To be perfectly honest, They are incredibly lenient on the forums, you can come here and argue to your hearts content about any possible topic and they'll let it slide... I'm glad they're being a bit more restrictive in the in game chat, it's very hard to follow as it is.

Slaeer
07-16-2014, 07:48 PM
http://www.cryptozoic.com/coc
Code of Conduct. For the forums but extends to the game.

Suspension or banishment from the game will always result in the same action being taken against your forum account. Your access to these forums is a “privilege,” and not a “right.” Cryptozoic Entertainment reserves the right to suspend your access to these forums at any time at Cryptozoic Entertainment’s sole discretion. Reasons for suspension or banishment include, but are not necessarily limited to, your failure to abide by these guidelines.
- Creating threads for the sole purpose of causing unrest on the forums
- Causing disturbances in forum threads, such as picking fights, making off topic posts that ruin the thread, insulting other posters

Discussing Disciplinary Actions

- Creating posts or threads to discuss disciplinary actions taken against a player, including chat logs and email correspondence between a player and a Cryptozoic Representative
- Creating posts or threads to discuss disciplinary actions taken against a character or account on the forums

PLEASE NOTE: Disciplinary actions, resulting from a violation of the community forum Code of Conduct, may include at Cryptozoic Entertainment’s sole discretion, disciplinary actions that affect a player’s associated game account. You can appeal any disciplinary sanction or provide feedback on a forum moderator by opening a ticket at cryptozoic.com/contact. These tickets will be reviewed by Cryptozoic Entertainment. All rulings are final. No further appeals will be granted.

So...... Good Luck to you :)

Quasari
07-16-2014, 07:49 PM
I can joke about there being a fire all I want, but that doesn't change the fact I can be arrested when I start a panic. Trolling should get you warnings/temp bans... It's still toxic.

Jimcareyman77
07-16-2014, 07:51 PM
So what you are truly saying is that you all believed I was being serious when, again, it should have been obvious I wasn't from my initial statement. It's a shame people are so short sighted when they are such fanboys and would seemingly bend over for any cze employee that asked them to. =)

ylhos
07-16-2014, 07:54 PM
Doesn't sound like a joke to me at all. In fact it seem only OP found it to be a joke. Like mentioned, it isn't a joke if you're the only one laughing.

I personally think it was good to rid the source of grief, which is OP. Whether banning 24 hours was the right thing to do is another. Someone mentioned, perhaps a chat-mute would have been sufficient to let things cool.

ossuary
07-16-2014, 07:59 PM
Best way to make the ban permanent? Post on the forums to bitch about it. :p

Keep your private business private. Nobody gives a crap about your smelly laundry.

Aradon
07-16-2014, 08:00 PM
I think it's important to note that putting a smiley face after anything does not make it a joke. If the things you say are rude to someone else, and then that statement is taken seriously and feelings are hurt, you are the one responsible. You're the one responsible for your humor, including making sure your intent is clear, and also including the repercussions if it is not clear.

If you told a mod to 'go eat something' when they give you a direct warning, you probably shouldn't be surprised if they are offended.

Also, a 24-hour ban is not a big deal. Lesson learned: not everyone has your sense of humor. By tomorrow evening, everything is back to normal.

Slaeer
07-16-2014, 08:03 PM
Also, a 24-hour ban is not a big deal. Lesson learned: not everyone has your sense of humor. By tomorrow evening, everything is back to normal.

Unless he posts on the forums about it, breaking another Code of Conduct rule and making his suspension that much worse...

Oh wait....

smiley face :)

Jimcareyman77
07-16-2014, 08:05 PM
Sorry ossuary. Don't think that's going to happen. Still, I think you should all have a contest to see who will bend over more for them. I might get banned from forums, but that's no real loss. The only ones in here are the ignorant, the naïve, and brown nosers.

Thrawn
07-16-2014, 08:06 PM
Sorry ossuary. Don't think that's going to happen. Still, I think you should all have a contest to see who will bend over more for them. I might get banned from forums, but that's no real loss. The only ones in here are the ignorant, the naïve, and brown nosers.

Yeah, this post convinces me the ban was completely without merit. :rolleyes:

TJTaylor
07-16-2014, 08:07 PM
Did you expect us to rally to your cause or something? If what you said in chat is anything like what you just said in this thread, it sounds like you got what you deserved to me. Smiley faces don't make the intent of your words any less malicious.

Gwaer
07-16-2014, 08:08 PM
I lol'd. That was a good joke.

ylhos
07-16-2014, 08:10 PM

You're joking right? =b

Slaeer
07-16-2014, 08:11 PM

I agree. We should give him admin rights and Noble status in game........ :) (smiley faces make everything a joke!)

Fateanomaly
07-16-2014, 08:12 PM
Maybe CZE banned you as a joke. :)

Vorpal
07-16-2014, 08:19 PM
So you trolled, thought being a KS backer made you above the rules, when called on your trolling fell back on the predictable and overused 'but it was just a JOKE' defense, and are now upset it didn't work out?

If you say something offensive it was offensive. It doesn't matter if you said it as 'a joke' or not.

But maybe you should double check and see if they put a smiley face after your ban notice.

Slaeer
07-16-2014, 08:21 PM
Maybe CZE banned you as a joke. :)

lol i wonder if "You've been banned." messages come with an option to put a smiley face or not. They should add this in, let's start a petition!

oh and... :)

Jimcareyman77
07-16-2014, 08:22 PM
You're joking right? =b

Finally, someone with some brains! Lol Everyone here is being too uptight and politically correct, which is sadly what our world has become. Do and say everything to avoid offending this person or that person. It's sad, really. Also, YES A SMILEY FACE MEANS IT'S A JOKE!!! ;)

Gwaer
07-16-2014, 08:23 PM
So to be clear, post #27 = not a joke since there's no smiley? Those are your true feelings?
Boy, I hope this thread gets me through three more posts! =)

Lawlschool
07-16-2014, 08:30 PM
http://vimeo.com/18386919

This feels relevant, and it's not like this thread is going anywhere anyway.

Jimcareyman77
07-16-2014, 08:32 PM
Hahahahaha. Love it

ossuary
07-16-2014, 08:43 PM
We need to start a petition to get the "ignore" function on the forums linked directly from a user's name, instead of having to go view their profile and then confirm it first. That's too many clicks. I want my ignores to have instant gratification and minimal effort. :p

Slaeer
07-16-2014, 08:48 PM
We need to start a petition to get the "ignore" function on the forums linked directly from a user's name, instead of having to go view their profile and then confirm it first. That's too many clicks. I want my ignores to have instant gratification and minimal effort. :p

And once you click it, a big explosion shows up on your screen as you watch one by one the ignored user's posts vanish before your eyes! :D

Yoss
07-16-2014, 08:49 PM
http://www.cryptozoic.com/coc#Discussing Disciplinary Actions

BossHoss
07-16-2014, 08:52 PM

Sooo much this. :)

... Did I do that right?

chili
07-16-2014, 09:13 PM

What about the cool kids? We have cool kids here too! We wear our shades and loiter about.

Aradon
07-16-2014, 09:16 PM
What about the cool kids? We have cool kids here too! We wear our shades and loiter about.

I've got a sombrero! Can I hang out too?

Gwaer
07-16-2014, 09:17 PM
I've got a sombrero! Can I hang out too?
No.

Slaeer
07-16-2014, 09:18 PM
No.

Ouch, no smiley face....

Chark
07-16-2014, 10:49 PM
Jimcareyman77, will sort this out tomorrow, since I am at home and don't have access to all available information. I want to be clear that I am going to look at what happened, which doesn't not automatically mean that you'll get unbanned.

Since this thread devolved into personal attacks towards the end, I am going to go ahead and lock it up. I am going to give you the benefit of a doubt and not ban you from the forums, but please a) don't start another thread about this b) don't continue to antagonize other players. Likewise to all of the other players.