PDA

View Full Version : When's the next update? and How many people are still playing?

chili
07-28-2014, 07:56 PM
know it will be ready when it's ready, but I want to know when's the next update and should we expect one before Set 2? It has been a pretty long time and I do feel that we need the set 2 release to go on as scheduled so that people retain interest. But seriously, could we get an approximate time table or a at the very least get the spoiler train going on set 2?

pinkshirtbadman
07-28-2014, 09:26 PM
On friday the blog post on https://hextcg.com/hex-update-free-tournament-this-saturday/ from Last friday (three days ago) said this

"Second, we’re currently working on our next patch and that includes upgrades to some of our backend services. With that, we’re improving the UI and we’re introducing text with improved legibility in the client. We’ll need a future patch to adjust how the client processes the text to see the final product in terms of improved text legibility, but we’re well on our way. "

Parzival
07-28-2014, 09:55 PM
Gencon is in just over two weeks time, so I'd imagine the devs are busting their asses to get all the cards in game, I doubt we will see any major features until afterwards.

But on the bright side (for some) Set 2 Spoilergeddon is coming, batten down the hatches.

Yoss
07-28-2014, 10:09 PM
HexEnt is full tilt towards GenCon right now, which includes getting Set 2 Draft ready for the event.

Skirovik
07-28-2014, 11:09 PM
But on the bright side (for some) Set 2 Spoilergeddon is coming, batten down the hatches.

Hah! Spoilergeddon. I like that!

Parzival
07-28-2014, 11:31 PM
Kind of Skir, I am going to have to drop off the forums until set 2 releases :( Which is kinda hard, I lurk here and my guild's forums every day - at work ;)

I am really hoping on day 1, as they patch the servers, they release the pdf of set 2, that would be great and still keep the wonder.

nicosharp
07-29-2014, 11:33 AM
Regarding people playing - I think the largest showing online was probably Saturday for the free tournament, which had 510 people queued before I left. I'd say the active community is probably about 1,500 people based on that turn-out. From a rough estimate on how many people have beta keys right now, that is approx. 4% of the community that chooses to play, that are able to play.

plaguedealer
07-29-2014, 12:49 PM
Regarding people playing - I think the largest showing online was probably Saturday for the free tournament, which had 510 people queued before I left. I'd say the active community is probably about 1,500 people based on that turn-out. From a rough estimate on how many people have beta keys right now, that is approx. 4% of the community that chooses to play, that are able to play.

This is a pretty decent guesstimate me thinks.

Yoss
07-29-2014, 01:04 PM
You could also use the number of auctions as a guide. There are between 5000 and 10000 active listings at any given time. If each user has 5 listings on average, then 1.5k users is a good estimate still (7500 listings).

Werlix
07-29-2014, 01:12 PM
I'm still playing and loving it :) Looking forward to Spoilergeddon...

oncewasblind
07-29-2014, 04:36 PM
Kind of Skir, I am going to have to drop off the forums until set 2 releases :( Which is kinda hard, I lurk here and my guild's forums every day - at work ;)

I had my suspicions, but I didn't know for sure until you admitted it just now. This is you boss.

You're fired.

Skirovik
07-29-2014, 06:43 PM
I had my suspicions, but I didn't know for sure until you admitted it just now. This is you boss.

You're fired.

Haha, I also lurk (and sometimes post *shhh*) whilst at work. I don't know about Parzival, but my boss(es) wouldn't even know about Hex, let alone the forums and my username, lol.

Parzival
07-29-2014, 10:03 PM
Once that would mean my boss was actually hip and cool ;-)

Thankfully I am onsite support with my own office so nobody looking over my shoulder :cool:

Black_Knight
07-30-2014, 01:00 AM
I have been letting this game age like a fine wine before i touch it.

AstaSyneri
07-30-2014, 01:44 AM
Lots of people are waiting in the wings for PvE content (at least in TUC). Once the Arena goes live, a lot more or our guys will be playing.

Banquetto
07-30-2014, 05:30 PM
I have been letting this game age like a fine wine before i touch it.

Same here. Although I still haven't decided whether "touching it" will involve playing it, or liquidating my KS loot and selling it.