PDA

View Full Version : Chalice of Hues Open Beta starts on Fri Aug 15th - get yourself a team!

AstaSyneri
08-07-2014, 07:42 AM
http://www.void-troopers.com/hextcg/tuc-twitter-header.jpg

Hi!

The Unnamed Council (TUC) is pleased to announce that the only PvEbP (Play vs. Environment by Player) event The Chalice of Hues is going into its second round, called 'Open Beta', on Friday, August 15th, 2014.

The Chalice of Hues is an event designed for the many players who eagerly await Hex TCG's PvE content. In the event players build adventuring parties of four to six players, each committing to one specific Ardent hero. This group sets out to brave a series of encounters until the group succeeds in finding the legendary Chalice of Hues which could shift the fortune of war in favor of the Ardent races - or die trying.

The only thing needed to play is a Hex account and at least three (3) friends to form a team with. A specific Kickstarter tier or a full card collection are not required - The Chalice of Hues is a fun event for PvE players, by players. The opposing decks are played by TUC guild officers and this time around a host of volunteers from other guilds, allowing TUC to offer challenges in all major time zones.

In order to preserve the friendly spirit of this event all prizes will likely be awarded randomly and/or rather based on participation than individiual success. Prizes - made possible by the generous contribution of Hex_Colin - may be comprised of booster stacks and/or PvE related items like chests, equipment and special cards, depending on when CZE can make those items available via AH or direct trading.

Participating teams need to apply by having their team leader send an e-mail to astasyneri at unnamed-council.com, including the forum name, in-game name, selected Ardent hero and possible KS tier that gives benefits in a raid or dungeon environment (i.e. Raid Leader, Dungeon Crawler, Grand King and above) for each member (just one (1) mail per team!). It is recommended that all team members follow the TUC Twitter account @hextuc.

Challenges will begin on Friday, August 15th, 2014 and be offered for about four weeks, depending on demand. A late team registration is possible until TUC announced the closing of registration.

This is it! For the second and last time TUC offers the Chalice of Hues event. Get your teams together now or remain forever silent!

For those who don't have any immediate idea who to play with - post here or make up a new thread (or even shout out in game). It's the only PvE event you are going to get for a while ;-).

http://i633.photobucket.com/albums/uu55/aridgers/CoHPrizesV2_zpsbe79e9da.png

The Dungeon Homepage: http://www.unnamed-council.com/dungeon

Our Current Teams: http://www.unnamed-council.com/dungeonteams

The Full Rules & FAQ: http://www.unnamed-council.com/dungeonrules

Chocmaw's LFG Google Sheet (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1K9b3TzVDYCBAmS09ixJEo3Coel3B4ikJj-4jJB2UZLU/edit#gid=0)

Miyordon
08-07-2014, 07:47 AM
Cmon buddies. I got that human deck.

WWKnight
08-07-2014, 08:21 AM
Oh crud. I signed upt o help with this, and then I got caught up moving house! Do you still need a DM type person for Aussie time zones?

AstaSyneri
08-07-2014, 08:35 AM
Yes, WWKnight, you joined the dark side. There is no problem with moving house - you don't need to be there every day. Just make sure you get internet asap ;-).

S117
08-07-2014, 09:01 AM
Abandon all hope ye who enter here...cue evil DM laughter *Muhaha*...

FoundInTheFlood
08-07-2014, 09:06 AM
I still need to read into how to write down all the date of who already played and who got how much xp, but I created all the decks and I'm ready to play for the dark side ;)

PS: Well, August 15 is the day I leave for a 2 week vacation, so after that ... when the dust has settled ;)

S117
08-07-2014, 09:15 AM
If you're already on the UC site we've got it nailed down...
We got Cato I believe to hack together a spreadsheet that's online we can update over the web (at the same time even!).
Just load it up and take a few seconds after every match to update the team's roster

KingGabriel
08-07-2014, 09:24 AM
I have a good deck idea for the player AI - it involves baby yetis and comet strike and... no don't go away... :(

OutlandishMatt
08-07-2014, 09:56 AM
I will see what I can do to round up 3 other team members. Do we all need to be on at the same time?

MaximumSquid
08-07-2014, 09:59 AM
Is it going to be a huge chore to form a team on the fly?

I would prefer not to spam general chat for an hour if the game can find a random team for me

Yoss
08-07-2014, 10:05 AM
You can use this thread to recruit a team. :)

Beware anyone who chooses me as their DM! Mwaha, mwAHA, MWAHAHAHA! :D

YourOpponent
08-07-2014, 10:58 AM
I am up for this...just need a team and already have a deck idea ready too.

In game name is Bacon.

Bullus
08-07-2014, 12:08 PM
You can use this thread to recruit a team. :)

Beware anyone who chooses me as their DM! Mwaha, mwAHA, MWAHAHAHA! :D

lol Yoss, have you signed up to be DM yet, still not seeing ya name over on TUC site

Yoss
08-07-2014, 12:17 PM
lol Yoss, have you signed up to be DM yet, still not seeing ya name over on TUC site

I've done the application, yes. Name's "DunYoss".

FlyingMeatchip
08-07-2014, 12:54 PM

I would prefer not to spam general chat for an hour if the game can find a random team for me

You get someone to play for a game or two, then ask for a best of three, then tell them about the event, then make a new friend and sparring partner.

FlyingMeatchip
08-07-2014, 01:00 PM
Also, there are a few people in thread now that are seeking.....and more to follow. PM them privately, I know Bacon is a really good player and probably would serve well as a team leader.

Xenavire
08-07-2014, 01:10 PM
I just hope it isn't too hard to find an EU based team to join. Not too keen on staying up until odd hours - I'd probably just sit it out instead.

FlyingMeatchip
08-07-2014, 01:30 PM
Its still possible, we had a team in different timezones. With the increased amount of DM's available persons can still advance teams on their own time frame. You just need to have each member communicate with their team on how they performed and their own experience with deck.

Chocmaw
08-07-2014, 02:01 PM
I'll be DMing a group and will help with matchmaking here.

Just to keep things organised folks, can we all use the following format when posting expressions of interest in this thread?

Keep Name
Times and Days available
Timezone

So, for example as a DM, I'll be available:

Keep Name: Chocmaw
Times available: 05:00-07:00
Days available: Monday and Thursday
Timezone: AEDT

I'll trawl through the entries and once I find a group of 4-6 players who share a common play time, will let Asta know and we can then look at allocating a DM

Cheers,

Choc

Miyordon
08-07-2014, 06:20 PM
Keep Name: Miyordon
Times and Days available: Weekdays and Saturday 4:30PM-9PM Sunday all day.
Timezone: Pacific

Skirovik
08-07-2014, 08:13 PM
This begins the same weekend as GenCon. I'll be trying for GenCon prizes (if available) during that time, but otherwise I'm looking for a group to play with (or a DM to play against :p).

Keep Name: Skirovik
Times Available: 10:30am-4:00pm
Days Available: Tuesday & Thursday
Timezone: GMT +10 (Australian Eastern Standard)

AstaSyneri
08-08-2014, 12:40 AM
Hi guys, just to clarify a few things (this is the thread for players after all ;-)).

I will see what I can do to round up 3 other team members. Do we all need to be on at the same time?

No, you don't. There is going to be a new rule, where a player from a team can only beat each tier once, then somebody else has to step up. That makes it advantageous to share your findings and help each other beat decks that can succeed. But you can do via any communication medium.

The team is kind of a meta organization, but you don't need to get together short-term or be online at the same time (see above). That means you should announce that you want to play now, and try to find team mates any which way you can (post on your own Twitters, Facebook, go through your little black book of ex-playmates, what have you).

As for GenCon: Yeah, we start on the same week-end, but we won't finish on it. This is going to be an event that's likely to run over the course of four weeks or so. So if you plan to go to GenCon - don't sweat it, you are not going to miss anything that you can't catch up to later.

YourOpponent
08-09-2014, 03:39 PM
I just have two questions.

1.) Could somebody post a link to the rules/format?
2.) Are neutral cards allowed such as raptors? Or is it just Ardent only?

Keep Name: Bacon
Times and Days available: Any day and time except for 17:00 to 21:00 Thursdays
Timezone: Pacific

FlyingMeatchip
08-09-2014, 04:20 PM
You start with 5xp for your rare and legendary cards.....rare is 1xp and legend is 2xp. Your allowed to choose only Ardent Hero's for your champion and Ardent and Neutral cards for your decks. As team members gain victories their xp goes up and as a team passes a dungeon the team xp goes up. There are specific rules for each dungeon that must be followed to be able to pass dungeon. Those rules are released when the dungeon becomes available.

Hope this helps.

Yoss
08-10-2014, 08:09 PM
Is there anything new for Open Beta along the lines of the suggestions I gave you at the end of Closed Beta? Specifically, is there any new mechanic to make it actually feel like a team game? Like, first hero match leads to a change in starting position for the second hero (good or bad)?

In any case, I have Deck 1 built and ready to DM.

AstaSyneri
08-11-2014, 12:44 AM
Yes, I am looking into that, Yoss - but this is the wrong thread for it. This is for making players aware of the event (and help them find groups).

Duzran
08-11-2014, 03:02 AM
Is anyone still recruiting team mates for the Open Beta? I'm looking for a team to join.

Xenavire
08-11-2014, 03:10 AM
Quick questions, since I can't find the info easily - the Exp is per player, correct? Meaning one player could have 2 legendaries and a rare, and another could have 5 rares.

Also, we can only use ardent champions - does that extend to the card factions? I have a draft for an ardent/neutral deck, so I wouldn't be that bothered, but knowing if there are any banned cards would be useful.

Lastly, and this could be a big question: will set 2 be allowed if it launches during the event, or will we stick to set 1? I can see there being definite implications to allowing new cards, but a bigger pool to build from would be nice for a lot of players.

Duzran
08-11-2014, 03:18 AM
In response to your questions Xenavire the xp is per player, and you can only use ardent & neutral cards. No clue about set 2. I played in the closed beta that was run a month or two back and it was amazing.

Xenavire
08-11-2014, 03:22 AM
In response to your questions Xenavire the xp is per player, and you can only use ardent & neutral cards. No clue about set 2. I played in the closed beta that was run a month or two back and it was amazing.

Yeah, those are the exact details I remembered hearing about back then and couldn't find a source for, thanks.

Going to assume set 2 is banned unless we are told otherwise.

AstaSyneri
08-11-2014, 03:43 AM
Quick questions, since I can't find the info easily - the Exp is per player, correct? Meaning one player could have 2 legendaries and a rare, and another could have 5 rares.

Correct.

Also, we can only use ardent champions - does that extend to the card factions? I have a draft for an ardent/neutral deck, so I wouldn't be that bothered, but knowing if there are any banned cards would be useful.

I am not sure I understand this questions correctly. You can only select an Ardent Hero, correct. Beyond that you can build your deck from all cards that are not Underworld (mostly troops fromt he "evil" races). There is nothing remotely like drafting involved... Does that help?

Lastly, and this could be a big question: will set 2 be allowed if it launches during the event, or will we stick to set 1? I can see there being definite implications to allowing new cards, but a bigger pool to build from would be nice for a lot of players.

Good question. Since I am (sometimes) a grumpy old man who is a bit miffed about Set 2 coming out before we have anything remotely like PvE, we are completely disregarding Set 2. In other words: All Set 2 cards are banned from this event.

Xenavire
08-11-2014, 04:19 AM
I am not sure I understand this questions correctly. You can only select an Ardent Hero, correct. Beyond that you can build your deck from all cards that are not Underworld (mostly troops fromt he "evil" races). There is nothing remotely like drafting involved... Does that help?

By draft I meant blueprint of a deck. The important part was that we couldn't play anything with an underworld faction symbol, and you just confirmed that. :)

Trevize
08-11-2014, 07:21 AM
I'd love to get in on this. Anyone putting a team together and need another player?

Keep Name: Trevize
Dungeon Crawler
US Eastern Time
Available most nights 8pm-10pm

Also, thanks to TUC! I've been very excited about the PvE aspect of Hex and love the idea you guys have about doing a PvEbP.

Einherjer
08-11-2014, 06:56 PM
Keep Name : Einherjar
Timezone and Days available : Eastern time, available Wed-Sun 4PM-12AM
More info's : Complete playset so I can make whatever deck is needed

Stormlight
08-11-2014, 08:20 PM
Keep Name: Stormshard
Grand King
Pacific Time, available 8pm-12am weekdays, all day Saturday

AstaSyneri
08-12-2014, 01:48 AM
Just a quick reminder: Yes, you can use this thread to find a team, in fact that is what I opened it for. Posting here doesn't register you for the event, though! For that your team leader needs to send the full team sheet to my e-mail address astasyneri unnamed-council com.

Florastar
08-12-2014, 04:31 PM
Keep Name: Florastar and Mehlo
She's a Pro Player, he's a Grand King.
Eastern time, mostly nights and early morning.

WWKnight
08-12-2014, 11:23 PM
Yes, WWKnight, you joined the dark side. There is no problem with moving house - you don't need to be there every day. Just make sure you get internet asap ;-).

Im up and running, last minute FTL!

Asta, Im looking in the Hues forums, but if I could grab you some time and talk about it over skype or facebook or something, that would help me out a lot.

Sorry to have waited utnil the last minute.

Xenavire
08-13-2014, 04:31 AM
Right, sent over our team registration. Looking forward to it, will be blasting my new Dragonforce album during all my games (it arrives Friday) so I am going to be pretty pumped!

ossuary
08-13-2014, 04:33 AM
So are we doing the whole RP thing, Xen? I've been trying to dial in on exactly how sanctimonious Palamedes should be. ;)

Xenavire
08-13-2014, 04:34 AM
So are we doing the whole RP thing, Xen? I've been trying to dial in on exactly how sanctimonious Palamedes should be. ;)

Completely up to you. If we do go for the RP thing, Running Deer is totally going to be quiet and mystical, and kick total butt while being mysterious. :p

Skirovik
08-13-2014, 05:36 AM
Completely up to you. If we do go for the RP thing, Running Deer is totally going to be quiet and mystical, and kick total butt while being mysterious. :p

*mysterious eyes*

fierock
08-13-2014, 06:03 PM
I'm available if a team needs another member!

Keep name: Fierock
Timezone: US Eastern
Availability: 8PM - 12AM EST weekdays and most of the time on weekends

AstaSyneri
08-15-2014, 03:10 AM
I hope every is excited - I know I am! :D.

We are going to start tonight at 1900 GMT - that's approximately nine hours from now!

If you think your are late to the party - don't fret, you can still late-register your team, so keep looking for team mates!

AdamAoE2
08-15-2014, 08:28 AM
Hello folks in the US! I will be home at about 8PM EST, and will be ready to take on all comers. Bring on the pesky adventurers. :-)

AstaSyneri
08-15-2014, 11:56 AM
We will start in 5 minutes. If you are ready to go (and provided your team is registered already! ;-)), announce yourself in the shoutbox at unnamed-council.com/dungeon .

ossuary
08-15-2014, 12:16 PM
I need to head out for supper, but I will certainly be looking to get a game in later this evening. Good luck, all!

Yoss
08-15-2014, 12:52 PM
As "part time DM" I will be available on an "if you see me, PM me" basis in client and possibly through the TUC shoutbox. If any players see me in the client (keep is DunYoss), feel free to whisper me. I will probably not be holding regular "office hours" like some of the more dedicated DMs.

Good luck, Ardent dogs! You're going to need it!

AstaSyneri
08-15-2014, 03:22 PM
The Collective headed by GPrime has blasted through stage one - but they have been blooded. So far in the second tier they fare better: 1-0 so far.

FlyingMeatChip is holding the fort as a DM and Adam (of Brynhildr) will take over in a little while. I am going to bed ;-).

AdamAoE2
08-15-2014, 04:58 PM
Good evening everybody! I am accepting challenges for any of the encounters your team is at for the next few hours. Send a message on the Shoutbox on the website. ( http://www.unnamed-council.com/dungeon )

ovlovian
08-15-2014, 05:55 PM
I'm interested in sojourning with some adventurous sorts that don't question my motives and welcome an enemy of their enemy.

Yoss
08-15-2014, 10:36 PM
Who is Skirovik with?

BossHoss
08-15-2014, 10:39 PM
Who is Skirovik with?

BossHoss, Ossuary, Xenavire

Yoss
08-15-2014, 11:03 PM
Cool. He just attempted T1. Remaining members get Raid Leader bonus.

AstaSyneri
08-16-2014, 12:21 AM
Who is Skirovik with?

The Ardent Star (Team name finally came in). I reposted the link to the "management software" we use to keep track of all the matches in the T1 thread on TUC you posted - you probably missed that the first time going around.

After the dust clears The Collective has advanced into T3: Assault on Nightmare Gate, but they have left a lot of blood on the floor. None of their six members is still at full health, two are even down to one hp. Other teams were much more hesitant in playing.

Yes, we still take teams. Just get them together and register as described in post 1!

Xenavire
08-16-2014, 02:22 AM
BossHoss, Ossuary, Xenavire

Don't forget Miyordon!

AstaSyneri
08-16-2014, 03:37 AM
I'm interested in sojourning with some adventurous sorts that don't question my motives and welcome an enemy of their enemy.

If you don't get anybody to reply here, it might be a good idea to open your own thread for it!

ossuary
08-16-2014, 03:58 AM
Other teams were much more hesitant in playing.

I was waiting for our fearless leader to submit the team name and for one of our raid leaders to take a crack at it. ;)

I'm taking the kids to the wildlife park this morning, but expect for my armies to descend upon your heinous minions this afternoon. The Ardent Star shall not suffer evil to live!

Xenavire
08-16-2014, 04:00 AM
I was waiting for our fearless leader to submit the team name and for one of our raid leaders to take a crack at it. ;)

I'm taking the kids to the wildlife park this morning, but expect for my armies to encourage upon your heinous endeavors this afternoon. The Ardent Star shall not suffer evil to live!

Yeah, I was stressing about the name all night. Too many choices, too many indifferent replies. :p Still, it got done, and Skirovik apparently got 'schooled' in round 1. I am going to be jumping in feet first today, and hopefully I will fare better.

Yoss
08-16-2014, 04:30 PM
Well, Xen and Oss did well. Still need 1 more win though!

Xenavire
08-16-2014, 04:34 PM
Well, Xen and Oss did well. Still need 1 more win though!

Hoping BossHoss has a few free moments over the next few days to get a game in, since he is the only one who hasn't had a shot yet.

AdamAoE2
08-16-2014, 04:58 PM
I am available for awhile if anybody wants to confront some challenges!

AstaSyneri
08-17-2014, 06:40 AM
We have a new team joining us today: The Fellowship of Hex (from New Zealand, of all countries ;-)).

Welcome to the quest! Just a reminder. Registration is still open and you can still join (see page 1).

Xenavire
08-17-2014, 08:23 AM
We have a new team joining us today: The Fellowship of Hex (from New Zealand, of all countries ;-)).

Welcome to the quest! Just a reminder. Registration is still open and you can still join (see page 1).

Go my Kiwi brethren, conquer the underworld forces! (I had no idea an NZ team would surface, so you have my support. /cheerleadermode)

Cato
08-17-2014, 11:58 AM
With trembling fingers Sir Hibbernathy reached towards the Chalice. Months of searching and dungeon delving had finally led to this moment. His expedition team grew quiet as his fingers gently brushed the surface of the artifact, everyone half-expecting some kind of trap. But no poisoned dart came, no skeletal remains reanimated.

Exhaling a built-up breath, Sir Hibbernathy triumphantly lifted the Chalice into the light, marvelling at the many types of shard the crystalline object was made out of. There was definitely power here, he could feel it. Sir Hibbernathy smiled, his masters within the Unnamed Council would be pleased. Very pleased.

We are now proud to announce prizes for finding the Chalice of Hues!

We had a think about what players would like to receive and what realistically we could deliver to you during Beta. Seeing as just about everyone needs Rare cards for their playset we decided to offer those! Every player on the first ten winning teams receive two Rare cards of their choice - thats 10 Rare cards per team, 100 Rare's across the event!

How It Works

The first TEN intrepid teams who claim the Chalice of Hues will receive 2 x individual Rare Cards of their choosing according to shard selection.

Each team member picks a shard and then selects their 2 individual Rares from that shard. For example Bob selects Blood and selects X & Y, Tim however needs Wild Rares for his collection and selects A & B from the Wild Shard.

We will note down your victory on our site. Your Team Leader will need to canvass the other members as to what Rares they would like and then send a Prize List to admin@unnamed-council.com. When the Auction House implements the direct trade feature we will send out your prizes within the client.

An example list for your Team Leader to email us AFTER winning would be:

Email Header: Team Eclipse Chalice Prizes

Keepname - Shard - Cards
Dawnstar - Blood: Relentless Corruption + The Mushwocky
Hibbernathy - Diamond: Soul Marble + Blessing the Fallen

Some Rules

Your selected cards cannot be duplicates - e.g. 2x Spearcliff.

You may not select across multiple shards.

Cards can be selected from Set 1 only.

Players can select the same shard as another Team member.

You cannot select Legendaries, Promotional, Unique or Alternate Art cards.

Only the first ten Teams who complete the event (beat all the Dungeons) can claim the prize.

All Players in an eligible Winning Team, regardless of being 'Dead' or 'Alive', receive the prize. :)

So who will claim the Chalice? The hunt is on!

Xenavire
08-17-2014, 01:20 PM
Not a bad prize at all! I have some cards in mind already, so this is a fantastic prize. C'mon team, The Ardent Star deserves (some of) those cards! :D

Cato
08-17-2014, 01:26 PM
We really wanted to give you guys PvE Chests, but the logistics and uncertainty regarding the Auction house was a bit of a nightmare. So Rare cards it is!

In case anyone is late to the party and missed these links previously:

The Dungeon Homepage: http://www.unnamed-council.com/dungeon

Our Current Teams: http://www.unnamed-council.com/dungeonteams

The Full Rules & FAQ: http://www.unnamed-council.com/dungeonrules

AstaSyneri
08-17-2014, 02:32 PM
Jawoll! Updated the page 1 post as ordered, Cato! *heels slamming together*

Basically those prizes are sponsored by a certain Hex_Colin who apparently liked our event idea enough to promote it with a guild donation.

Cato
08-17-2014, 03:05 PM
Basically those prizes are sponsored by a certain Hex_Colin who apparently liked our event idea enough to promote it with a guild donation.

$100 from Hex_Colin and $80 from our own Guild Member's. Thank you also to Billy Bogota, Greyhaven, Nadien Imesso and Chiany :cool:

ShadowM
08-18-2014, 12:54 AM
Is it still too late?
I had to be really sick when it started =(

AstaSyneri
08-18-2014, 02:34 AM
Is it still too late?
I had to be really sick when it started =(

No, we are still holding spots open for additional teams. You'll have to organize your own team, though (or join one that is already in the quest).

nicosharp
08-18-2014, 11:26 AM
oh, we are too late.

Cato
08-18-2014, 11:40 AM
We are still accepting new teams guys! Get a band of five people together and register!

Remember:

Challenges will begin on Friday, August 15th, 2014 and be offered for about four weeks, depending on demand. A late team registration is possible until TUC announces the closing of registration

Participating teams need to apply by having their team leader send an e-mail to astasyneri at unnamed-council.com, including the forum name, in-game name, selected Ardent hero and possible KS tier that gives benefits in a raid or dungeon environment (i.e. Raid Leader, Dungeon Crawler, Grand King and above) for each member (just one (1) mail per team!).

Chocmaw
08-21-2014, 01:01 PM
Hi folks!

Just a reminder that there are still people looking for teammates - You can now search this handy sheet (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1K9b3TzVDYCBAmS09ixJEo3Coel3B4ikJj-4jJB2UZLU/edit#gid=0) for like-minded adventurers who are waiting to conquer the challenges of the Chalice of Hues dungeon! Don't forget to add your own details if you haven't already :)

See you in game!

Skirovik
08-21-2014, 05:35 PM
Btw, what bonus does Raid Leader and Dungeon Crawler give you in this challenge (if anything)?

AstaSyneri
08-22-2014, 12:24 AM
Btw, what bonus does Raid Leader and Dungeon Crawler give you in this challenge (if anything)?

Raid Leader effectively (and virtually) reduces the DM's health by two - meaning he has lost once reduced to two hp or below. All other team members then receive half that bonus (i.e. DM's health is reduced by one) while battle the same tier. Unless they themselves are Raid Leaders, or course (they get the full bonus).

We haven't divulged the effect of the Dungeon Crawler tier yet.

AstaSyneri
08-25-2014, 01:31 AM
Short announcement: We will close any late team registration on Sunday, September 7th.

Cato
08-27-2014, 01:54 PM
http://i633.photobucket.com/albums/uu55/aridgers/ChaliceBannercopy_zps142c990b.png

Credit due to King Gabriel for his great Hex Wallpapers. :cool: Check them out here <clicky!> (http://imgur.com/a/pSJUe#5)

Lockon
09-04-2014, 04:05 PM
Hey, there still time and space? I'd love to give this a shot, if anyone's interested in teaming up.

EDIT:Crap, I don't have enough Ardent nor enough GOOD Ardent to play this. NVM, but in a future version/dungeon/whatever that allows Underworld, I still put my hat in.

AstaSyneri
09-08-2014, 12:52 AM
I am willing to accept any late teams today Until something like midnight in the Pacific. After that registration is closed.

thegreybetween
10-08-2014, 10:28 PM
The Chalice of Hues beckons you once more from the wicked depths. Your loyal companions have risked much, indeed some have given everything, to reclaim this relic for the light. The obstacles have been great, and the greatest challenges yet lie ahead. But you have come this far on the road of legends, and faint glimmers of the prize taunt you from the shadows below. Are you here for the great Ardent cause? Fortune and glory? Maybe you're driven by the righteous zeal of the light itself, or perhaps you are only here to catch the eye of the lovely Princess Victoria. No matter your reason, the quest is afoot and it is time again to take up your sword...

This post is a general announcement to all currently active participants in the Chalice of Hues event.

We are trying to wrap up the event over the next three weeks (extending as necessary to accommodate scheduling conflicts). We have recently rallied our DMs, and they should be posting current availabilities to our Dungeon page soon: http://www.unnamed-council.com/dungeon

Please contact your fellow party members and plan your final assault into the heart of the Underworld to claim this legendary artifact once and for all! If you would like to schedule a challenge and no DMs are currently available, please post your next available slot in our Dungeon Page ShoutBox, and we will work to find someone to accommodate you.

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact me directly.

Cheers, and good raiding!

thegreybetween
10-15-2014, 10:29 AM
Wolzarg is online to DM for the next few hours. Does your champion have what it takes to best him? Find out while you can!

Xenavire
10-15-2014, 10:35 AM
Argh, if only life wouldn't get in the road so much lately. :p

I will try to get a game in by this weekend, if I remember.

thegreybetween
10-15-2014, 10:41 AM
I'm going to try to make sure we have some weekend DMs. Life (and time zone issues) does seem to get in the way of the fun stuff some times. Thanks for the continued interest!

AstaSyneri
11-19-2014, 06:51 AM
As far as I understand it, this upcoming weekend is your last chance. Yesterday I had another adventurer perish in the T4 graveyard - Duzran.

Don't be a chicken - laugh certain death in da face!

Cato
12-04-2014, 05:56 AM
This Event is now over. A big thank you goes out to everyone who took part or helped us construct the event.

No team managed to claim the Chalice of Hues, although The Collective (http://www.unnamed-council.com/dungeonteams) came so close! Since Hex_Colin generously funded us for the event we decided to give out winning prizes to all six teams who took part anyway. :D

As a reminder that Prize was:

We've emailed the registered Team Captains for each team. If you were a player in the event your Team Captain should be in touch with you shortly. Please do not mail us individually with your requests as we will not respond/act on it, all lists must come from the registered Team Captain.

Full rules for the Prize Give-out can be found here: http://www.unnamed-council.com/dungeonrules

Things to bear in mind when selecting your choices:

Your selected cards cannot be duplicates - e.g. 2x Spearcliff.
Players are allowed to select the same shard as another Team member.

We've also conjured up a little something to reward our DM's for giving up their time to play games with everyone. All DM's who logged a game for the event please check you PM inbox on the TUC website.

Until next time folks, thank you.

- Cato, Astasyneri, Greyhaven, Eryn & Idus.
TUC Admin Team

nickon
12-04-2014, 06:51 AM
Big up for taking the initiative Cato et all. Hopefully, real PvE will now follow shortly :)

Xenavire
12-04-2014, 08:29 AM
I truly wish I had more time to invest into play this, but shortly after this started, my circumstances changed, and my free time drained away to practically nothing. :p

Can I suggest that the next one be focused on smaller teams, or even allow a choice between solo and team play? I noticed that some players in my team were being held back by the ones who suddenly couldn't play, and I don't feel that such a hefty commitment of time can be easily maintained by so many people.

Otherwise? This was brilliant, and I would absolutely love another shot at it (regardless of real PvE) at some point, when I have more time.

ossuary
12-04-2014, 08:51 AM
I'd also like to thank TUC and the GMs for putting this together and running it. I'm quite sad that I wasn't able to go further into the event after my team fell apart - the few encounters I played were very fun and the GMs did a good job of making it immersive (as opposed to just stating the rules flatly and playing the game in silence). I would definitely try other events like this in the future. :)

AstaSyneri
12-04-2014, 08:53 AM
Can I suggest that the next one be focused on smaller teams, or even allow a choice between solo and team play? I noticed that some players in my team were being held back by the ones who suddenly couldn't play, and I don't feel that such a hefty commitment of time can be easily maintained by so many people.

Otherwise? This was brilliant, and I would absolutely love another shot at it (regardless of real PvE) at some point, when I have more time.

I am afraid there is not going to be another one. The logistics required for us are too large in scope to do properly. We tried to bridge the gap to actual PvE for those who were looking for the adventure/dungeon aspect of Hex. Unfortunately we had not way to reach those. The result is pretty much that many of those who backed Hex for its PvE still seem to be in deep hibernation (even within our guild that has PvE written all over).

Thanks to all the DMs who sacrificed their time to give Hex players a taste of PvE (as far as we could make it).

So this is it, folks. We are done.

Xenavire
12-04-2014, 08:59 AM
I am afraid there is not going to be another one. The logistics required for us are too large in scope to do properly. We tried to bridge the gap to actual PvE for those who were looking for the adventure/dungeon aspect of Hex. Unfortunately we had not way to reach those. The result is pretty much that many of those who backed Hex for its PvE still seem to be in deep hibernation (even within our guild that has PvE written all over).

Thanks to all the DMs who sacrificed their time to give Hex players a taste of PvE (as far as we could make it).

So this is it, folks. We are done.

That's a shame - but I fully understand. Thanks for running this, and I hope this idea can be revived someday for other uses. :)

WolfCrypt
12-04-2014, 09:37 AM
Aw well too bad.

Cato
12-04-2014, 04:46 PM
Thanks for running this, and I hope this idea can be revived someday for other uses. :)

Well, hopefully we will not need another PvEbP event with the Frost Ring Arena just around the corner. :cool:

Xenavire
12-04-2014, 04:52 PM
Well, hopefully we will not need another PvEbP event with the Frost Ring Arena just around the corner. :cool:

Oh, I more meant the idea of having a gauntlet of set decklists, challenged by players and run by players... I guess for bragging rights or something. :p

But imagine it - wild west rules, mercs and equipment allowed... Would be a lot of fun, a way to meet PvE and PvP half way without making things too out of control for newer players. :D

WolfCrypt
12-04-2014, 05:23 PM
Couldn't you try less people instead of trying to do a 100 convoluted super complex thing for this sorta Dungeons and Dragons card duels? I mean no offense I like the idea but you said that too much effort maybe trying less people till PVE is out which will bring in tons of people.

AstaSyneri
12-05-2014, 01:02 AM
Couldn't you try less people instead of trying to do a 100 convoluted super complex thing for this sorta Dungeons and Dragons card duels? I mean no offense I like the idea but you said that too much effort maybe trying less people till PVE is out which will bring in tons of people.

No, unfortunately we can't. We don't have the resources - and it's extremely difficult to match times of the challengers and the challengees.

The Chalice of Hues wasn't THAT convoluted ;-).

Cato
12-30-2014, 04:51 AM
Three Teams have so far submitted their prize lists!

Remember: Closing Date for Prize Submissions will be January 15th 2015

Players in StormWolves, BlackBlack and Fellowship of Hex please remind your Team Captains to gather your prize lists and submit them to admin@unnamed-council.com

Cato
01-15-2015, 12:44 PM
Today is the last 24hrs in which Teams can submit their Prize lists.

So far, five teams have submitted their lists and over 11,500 plats worth of Rare cards have been given out. :cool:

Fellowship of Hex - Team Captain: Nicosharp - I have not had your list. Individual players of that team, you now have a 4 day final extension (Jan 19th 2015) to claim your 2x Rare Set 1 Cards as promised. Please bypass your captain and PM me directly on here confirming:

Your Keepname:
Your Shard choice:
Your 2x Rare cards:

e.g. Dawnstar - Blood: Relentless Corruption + The Mushwocky

Please also remember the Prize Rules (http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=37447&p=402152&viewfull=1#post402152) of:

Your selected cards cannot be duplicates - e.g. 2x Spearcliff

Please bear in mind we can only give out your cards to the account you registered with us for the event. We know which keeps registered with us. This prevents scammers from claiming cards in your name - there are no exceptions to this rule.

AstaSyneri
01-16-2015, 01:18 AM
I love it when my guildmates pick up the organizational chaos my ideas produce :D. Thank you, Cato!

Mascus
01-16-2015, 07:28 PM
Hey Cato, I'm the team leader for the Fellowship of Hex and just sent you our prize list.

Nicosharp hasn't gotten back to me yet so hopefully he contacts you directly with his list.

Please note that the player name Labyrinth is spelled that way, not Labryinth as it was listed in the team lists :).

Thanks so much to The Unnamed Council for putting on such a great event :D

Cato
01-17-2015, 02:43 AM
Thanks for getting in touch Mascus.

I have received your prize list and distributed cards to your players. Thanks for playing with the Unnamed Council! :cool:

wolzarg
01-18-2015, 05:55 AM
First (nonofficial) PvE dungeon completed thanks to everyone who participated and we hope you all had as much fun as we had.