PDA

View Full Version : HEX Update - Gen Con

Shaqattaq
08-08-2014, 04:45 PM
Hi HEXers. Weíre busy getting ready for Gen Con, and this update is primarily going to focus on everything thatís happening in Indianapolis next weekend. Before that, letís talk about the Gen Con promos. After the introduction of Arena, the first taste of PVE for you players, we will set dates where you will be able to win the Brosi-Buk mercenary, Jovial Pippit alternate art, and the 2013 Gen Con promos by playing HEX. That way, players who cannot travel to physical events but love HEX will still be able to access those amazing prizes.

https://hextcg.com/hex-update-gen-con/

AswanJaguar
08-08-2014, 04:52 PM
After the introduction of Arena, the first taste of PVE for you players, we will set dates where you will be able to win the Brosi-Buk mercenary, Jovial Pippit alternate art, and the 2013 Gen Con promos by playing HEX. That way, players who cannot travel to physical events but love HEX will still be able to access those amazing prizes.

Woot!

Kami
08-08-2014, 04:58 PM
I won't be able to attend but I'd wager you should probably give that venue for the 21+ hangout a heads-up they may have a huge amount of people visiting, heh.

Also anyone want to assist in obtaining 2014 GenCon sleeve(s)? :D

firedancer27
08-08-2014, 05:04 PM
Kilroys = best pepperoni bread sticks and long island iced teas ever!!!!!

m4nt1c
08-08-2014, 05:08 PM
For those of you not going to Gencon but still want to participate in some Hex fun.

http://www.hextechs.tv/articles/announcements/the-hextechs-open/

Freebird_Falcon
08-08-2014, 05:23 PM
Man oh man do I wish I could be there!

Zophie
08-08-2014, 05:31 PM
I'm super jealous of everyone that gets to go and hang out at Gen Con but I hope you all have a great time!!! Take lots of pictures and stay safe and have fun! :cool:

mach
08-08-2014, 05:34 PM
Seems that Open Beta begins next week, just with a pretty cumbersome registration process.

Lawlschool
08-08-2014, 07:22 PM
Come hell or high water, I'm going to Gen Con next year. Everything looks amazing, those Pippits are unreal!

Vorsa
08-09-2014, 01:51 AM
I approve all articles including some form of PvE teaser from now until release. :D

I wonder...
> Will the event decks be posted on the site before SDCC, as they were last year?
> Will the article about Tunnelling be posted before SDCC also, so players there know what it does?
> Is that the AA Pippit, or the original - blue rarity rather than pink does confuse me.

Ertzi
08-09-2014, 02:26 AM
I am honestly most bummed about not having the chance to hang out with the Crypto team at Kilroy's. It would be amazing to meet them all, pick their brain about all sorts of things, and thank Cory in person for HEX. Some beers would be bought by yours truly. On top of being an awesome CEO, Cory seems like a fun person to just hang around with for an evening. Alas, even if I pooled all my money together, I would not have the means to travel to the US right now. I wish everyone a happy Gen Con though. I will be hunting those prizes online, however, you can be sure about that.

Khendral
08-09-2014, 04:46 AM
Need my spoiler fix :'(
Ps: even if you don't have the interface to deliver them yet, show us the art and tell us the name of the Collector set 1 AA, please! :D

Roy_G
08-09-2014, 10:46 AM
Can't wait for the spoilers as well.Hopefully people will post the spoilers from GenCon of set 2.

hakeswill
08-10-2014, 12:46 PM
When will we be able to buy the posters from the Hex website/store? I want some sleeves!!!

nickon
08-11-2014, 12:28 AM
I am honestly most bummed about not having the chance to hang out with the Crypto team at Kilroy's. It would be amazing to meet them all, pick their brain about all sorts of things, and thank Cory in person for HEX. Some beers would be bought by yours truly. On top of being an awesome CEO, Cory seems like a fun person to just hang around with for an evening. Alas, even if I pooled all my money together, I would not have the means to travel to the US right now. I wish everyone a happy Gen Con though. I will be hunting those prizes online, however, you can be sure about that.

This! Hope to make it to GenCon one day as well :)

nickon
08-11-2014, 03:23 AM
After the introduction of Arena, the first taste of PVE for you players, we will set dates where you will be able to win the Brosi-Buk mercenary, Jovial Pippit alternate art, and the 2013 Gen Con promos by playing HEX. That way, players who cannot travel to physical events but love HEX will still be able to access those amazing prizes.

Woot!

I was quite disappointed when I read this because I planned to do some serious gaming at home to try and get me a Gax merc...

Although I like that they are really prioritizing stuff now. PVE has been taking long to get out there so better not delay it more in favour of other (arguably less important) features. Might this maybe even mean that getting the Gencon promos from home will be related to PVE and will need some serious dungeon grinding?! I'm starting to think it will. CzE dropped some word on that already or not?

GaiusMarcus
08-12-2014, 10:41 AM
Thats great for anyone that can make it to GenCon, and to bring new players into the game. It would be nice if there were some kind of GenCon special for those of us that can't attend but continue to support the game in more mundane ways like buying platinum and filing bug reports...

ossuary
08-12-2014, 10:52 AM
There is. It's called "you can earn almost all of the same rewards in game." They just didn't manage to get that function patched into the game in time (because game development), so it will happen at a later date instead of concurrently. In the future, live event prizes will be mirrored in game at the same time.

Qiro
08-13-2014, 11:07 AM
@ hexopen - i'm in. Thanks m4nt1c.
Well, that should be quite interesting.