PDA

View Full Version : Shattered Destiny - Shards and Sockets

Shaqattaq
08-14-2014, 11:30 AM
by Ben Stoll

Hey there my little Hexie-wexies,

Ben Stoll here, Head TCG Designer of Hex PvP and lead designer of Set 2, and I want to give you a little taste of what we have in store for you with Hexís second full set of cards, Shattered Destiny.

https://hextcg.com/shattered-destiny-shards-and-sockets/

Yoss
08-14-2014, 11:57 AM
So much awesome and so much tease all rolled into one. :D

Khendral
08-14-2014, 12:02 PM
Isn't it rounded down so it won't (eventually) become a 1/1 that can't ever die?

YourOpponent
08-14-2014, 12:16 PM
They probably have an exception programmed so that after it dies as a 1/1 the first time it doesn't come back. Still though it seems pretty intense. Spellshield on that and the major ruby orb that damages a player when it's put in play...8 damage right there. I would suggest the sapphire gem that mills, but 8 cost is probably a bit much for a mill deck.

KingGabriel
08-14-2014, 12:23 PM
“…Target King, Prince, or Princess…” I'M SCARED NOW :(

BlindMan
08-14-2014, 12:42 PM
This looks familiar: https://hextcg.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/ShardOfPurpose.png

I seem to remember spotting out this guy from the kickstarter as evidence of non-basic resources: https://s3.amazonaws.com/ksr/assets/000/456/890/75cf85c7d80b05982c3dc0687155c609_large.jpg?1363747 950

:D

Krond
08-14-2014, 01:35 PM
Hooray for all 10 dual resources! And they're common! I'll speak on behalf of all drafters by saying THANK YOU for a heaping helping of theshold fixing at common :)

The Charge bump is going to be quite welcome, to say the least. Though my inner Spike still yearns for 1/1 fixers, these should sate my hunger for the time being.

That Drifter seems cool, too. Very creative use of the Charge mechanic. I'm glad it's Legendary, too, so I shouldn't get stomped by Eternal Farhney in draft TOO frequently, but we'll still get to see him tear up constructed.

Well done, Hexfolk!

Counter
08-14-2014, 02:17 PM
Prince, King, Princess, sounds so fun! Should say Lord too perhaps.

Shaqattaq
08-14-2014, 03:46 PM
A previous version of the article incorrectly displayed the mixed shard resources as common. They are uncommon and now properly displayed in the article.

Yoss
08-14-2014, 03:50 PM
A previous version of the article incorrectly displayed the mixed shard resources as common. They are uncommon and now properly displayed in the article.

Good to know!

facade
08-14-2014, 05:20 PM
Each of the following lines is a tiny fragment of an actual text box in the set:

You know... the wording can be taken to mean that these are fragments from the same text box. I'm kinda hoping for the most AWESOME CARD EVER!!!

____

The Ardent Queen
Cost: 10
Threshold: WWBBDDSSRR
Troop - Avatar of Awesomeness
20/20

When Ardent Queen enters play, five random cards in your deck become Unlucky forever.

At the beginning of your turn, reveal the top card of your deck.

If the top card of your deck is a Dinosaur, the ATK and DEF of target King, Prince, or Princess become equal to the ATK and DEF of the Dinosaur on top of your deck.
If the top card of your deck is an elf or coyotle, each championís resources become equal equal to X/0 where X is equal to the number of Ardent cards in all zones.
If the top card of your deck is human, all creatures under your control leave play and then enter play simultaneously. (Inspire triggers for all cards again. Don't forget the Queen, she also becomes inspired.)
If the top card of your deck is an Orc, orcs in all zones deal 1 damage to each opposing champion for each troop in your graveyard with Darkspire in its name.
If the top card of your deck is any other non-Underworld card, you gain 10 life, unless, of course, this is the Unlucky one. Instead void Queen of the Ardent, and your life total becomes 1.

____

Freebird_Falcon
08-14-2014, 05:51 PM
You know... the wording can be taken to mean that these are fragments from the same text box. I'm kinda hoping for the most AWESOME CARD EVER!!!

____

The Ardent Queen
Cost: 10
Threshold: WWBBDDSSRR
Troop - Avatar of Awesomeness
20/20

When Ardent Queen enters play, five random cards in your deck become Unlucky forever.

At the beginning of your turn, reveal the top card of your deck.

If the top card of your deck is a Dinosaur, the ATK and DEF of target King, Prince, or Princess become equal to the ATK and DEF of the Dinosaur on top of your deck.
If the top card of your deck is an elf or coyotle, each champion’s resources become equal equal to X/0 where X is equal to the number of Ardent cards in all zones.
If the top card of your deck is human, all creatures under your control leave play and then enter play simultaneously. (Inspire triggers for all cards again. Don't forget the Queen, she also becomes inspired.)
If the top card of your deck is an Orc, orcs in all zones deal 1 damage to each opposing champion for each troop in your graveyard with Darkspire in its name.
If the top card of your deck is any other non-Underworld card, you gain 10 life, unless, of course, this is the Unlucky one. Instead void Queen of the Ardent, and your life total becomes 1.

____

hahah, the unlucky forever really got me

Blowfeld
08-15-2014, 01:12 AM
The teaser for pack raptor definetly caught my interest. Hopefully it will be time to swarm the enemy with crazy prehistorical stuff :)

On a random note: Set 2 will put me even more behind, as with each following set I will have less and less options compared to people with bigger budget and more time...but that's life :D

Time to focus on tier 2 budget sets or patchwork sets that are so crazy dumb that they might win here and there :D

ossuary
08-15-2014, 05:21 AM
This looks familiar: https://hextcg.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/ShardOfPurpose.png

I seem to remember spotting out this guy from the kickstarter as evidence of non-basic resources: https://s3.amazonaws.com/ksr/assets/000/456/890/75cf85c7d80b05982c3dc0687155c609_large.jpg?1363747 950

:D

Same art, different text. The one from the kickstarter appeared to have some kind of crazy conditionals, where if you already had a diamond threshold in play, something happened, and if you already had a sapphire threshold in play, something else happened. Frankly, I'm glad they went simple for the first versions. They can do crazy stuff later. :)

QuartZ
08-15-2014, 05:02 PM
xenavire wins

vickrpg
08-16-2014, 02:07 AM
I wonder how these new shards interact with shards of fate....

MugenMusou
08-16-2014, 05:21 AM
I wonder how these new shards interact with shards of fate....

Shard of fate can only pull standard resource so it won't work for dual shard resources. I can't tell for balancing but certainly hex resource designed allowed distinguishing shard of fate from these by not having charge champion effect.

Xenavire
08-17-2014, 03:15 AM
xenavire wins

Cheers! I love when that happens haha.

Aradon
08-19-2014, 11:01 PM
The art/lore combo with these shards are great. Not only do they have beautiful full art, but they are clearly divided between blood-combo, wild-combo, and gem combo, with each getting 3 arts. Each blood shard has a bleeding gauntlet, each wild art has a blooming gem, and each 2-gem pairing features a gem combined with magic from another gem. Then, of course, the two natural magics combo together. Very flavorful representation :)