PDA

View Full Version : Gen con! Wow!

Tamahome
08-14-2014, 05:52 PM
Cryptozoic really blew my groups collective minds! Return of the king for sale and the hobbit desolation of smaug expansion for sale as well as the naruto dbg. Center Ice was cooler Than I thought (no pun intended) got to talk to Matt a bit and generally enjoyed my time. New rule - never miss a gencon.

aoineko
08-14-2014, 10:22 PM
Glad to hear you're enjoying everything!

Tamahome
08-18-2014, 07:25 PM
Gencon was very fun, got to get advanced copies of Return of the King, Desolation of Smaug, The NHL DBG was pretty sweet. Hopefully next year has the same sort of buzz. After the event, i kinda wish I could have gotten my hands on Forever Evil, that would have been an insane early release.

Making sure to hit the Cryptozoic booth first next year!

ImmortalJedi
08-19-2014, 10:42 AM
Can you share some details about the NHL DBG. I'm looking forward to hearing more about it!

Tamahome
08-20-2014, 10:10 PM
Sure, basic is there arent supervillians, there are goalies. they have a value and if you want to take a shot at them, you have to say so at the beginning of your turn. when you take a shot, you take the puck (a physical cardboard piece) and put it in front of you. I dont want to spoil too more and make the crypto gods angry and not do this again, unless they say its ok.

ImmortalJedi
08-26-2014, 03:46 PM
Thanks for the info! I know you don't want to anger the crypto gods, but I'm assuming when you decide to take a shot, there are values on a card (player taking the shot) and then additional cards (maybe two - since each NHL goal can have 2 assists?) you can play and add their values to come up with a total number for your shot? Then you compare it to the goalie's value?

aoineko
08-26-2014, 08:24 PM
We don't have any issues with people that played the game at Gen Con discussing it. We just don't want to be the ones spoiling everything.

DarkSeverance
08-28-2014, 02:22 PM
there are values on a card (player taking the shot) and then additional cards (maybe two - since each NHL goal can have 2 assists?) you can play and add their values to come up with a total number for your shot? Then you compare it to the goalie's value?There is also another mechanic. Other players have the ability to defend/block shots which add value to the goalie total points, thus requiring the shooter to have a higher attack than expected. The shot cards though do draw you cards which does help with this. Succeed or fail though, you can't buy any cards... so it is take the shot or buy cards but not both.

Tamahome
09-23-2014, 09:49 PM
There is also another mechanic. Other players have the ability to defend/block shots which add value to the goalie total points, thus requiring the shooter to have a higher attack than expected. The shot cards though do draw you cards which does help with this. Succeed or fail though, you can't buy any cards... so it is take the shot or buy cards but not both.

We'll kind of. You can always say you will take a shot. Your opponent plays their defenders, u get a goalie value and start playing attackers, and if you bought fake shot(one of if not the best card in the game IMO ) you can cancel your shot and buy from the row.

If crypto doesn't care I'll spoil whatever you guys want. Lol currently have rotk/dos(both awesome work) powerplay I basically own every cereus engine game printed. Crypto for life!