PDA

View Full Version : Any plans for a larger box for DC DBG?

AaronH
08-15-2014, 10:33 AM
The Heroes Unite box was great since it could fit both HU and the base set in one box. But with Crisis out, there are just too many cards to fit in one box, and Forever Evil is still on the horizon for even more cards. It's pretty common for deck-builders to release an optional, larger box (often with a promo or other incentive) once they've released a ton of cards. So I ask, are there any plans for Cryptozoic to do something like this?

If so, I would ask that considerations be taken for the added thickness of sleeved cards, and maybe an oversized section for sleeved Superhero cards?

Darthvegeta800
08-22-2014, 12:58 PM
The Heroes Unite box was great since it could fit both HU and the base set in one box. But with Crisis out, there are just too many cards to fit in one box, and Forever Evil is still on the horizon for even more cards. It's pretty common for deck-builders to release an optional, larger box (often with a promo or other incentive) once they've released a ton of cards. So I ask, are there any plans for Cryptozoic to do something like this?

If so, I would ask that considerations be taken for the added thickness of sleeved cards, and maybe an oversized section for sleeved Superhero cards?

I'm all for this also. I'd get it :)

SushiSquid
08-24-2014, 08:56 PM
I keep the actual 140-card deck we use in the Heroes Unite box, and stuff the other 114 (I think) in the original box, which sits by itself until I feel like editing the deck again. That extra pocket on the HU box is a good spot for Impossible Super Villains and Crises.

So mostly I'm curious: why the need to carry all your cards at once? Do you use a massive deck, or just like switching them around a lot?

AaronH
08-24-2014, 09:43 PM
So mostly I'm curious: why the need to carry all your cards at once? Do you use a massive deck, or just like switching them around a lot?

I play at someone else's house, so portability is nice. No real sense in carrying such a huge box for only 120-ish cards.

LexLuthorJr
08-25-2014, 01:02 PM
Why don't you just keep them in a standard white card box? That's what I do.

khaddock
08-25-2014, 01:26 PM
i keep mine in magic fat packs with dividers :D

AaronH
08-25-2014, 01:40 PM
Why don't you just keep them in a standard white card box? That's what I do.

I'm currently keeping them in a box that came with a Thunderstone expansion. The divider down the middle and the foam spacers fit all of the cards (but not the Superhero cards, which I have to set on top of the cards) perfectly.

It's not that I couldn't find other ways to carry all of the cards, since I'm currently doing just that. It would just be nice to have a box from Cryptozoic that could hold them. The standard box size is large enough, but the insert is inefficient for it. Just thought I'd post and see if others were interested, or if someone from Cryptozoic had already been thinking about it.

khaddock
08-25-2014, 01:54 PM
I really don't like how i keep mine but my box broke so i feel you.

They should make a carrying case or box for all the cards as you say, even if its not cheap i would spend on portable box for it.

off topic has anyone played with more than 5 people its crazy

N-Finite
09-08-2014, 07:42 AM
I also keep my DC and DC:HU in Pokemon Fat Pack Box (similar to Magic the Gathering's Fat Pack Box). As for the Superhero Big Cards I scanned them, printed them out on photo paper and then laminated them. It helps preserves the real ones and the laminated ones fit into the Fat Pack Boxes easier that way. As you can see I even changed the picture of Starfire lol.

krayzie
09-09-2014, 02:27 PM
I need to find something to store the hero cards in. I put all the cryptozoic boxes away as all the normal size cards are in those large rectangle card boxes. Right now there is a stack of hero cards sitting on top of my desk that need to be put away.

LexLuthorJr
09-09-2014, 11:36 PM
I guess that part of the reason I just use standard white card boxes is because I travel with the game all the time. I'm usually going over some friend's place once or twice a week, so there can be some wear and tear on the boxes. After a while when they start to go bad, I can just buy more. I'd hate to get something official only to have it start to go bad after a few months.

Right now I have the sets in three 400-count card boxes. The Base Set and Heroes United are each in their own box, with the cards slanting enough to place the Super Heroes on top of them. I have a third box with the Crisis Set Super Heroes stacked and the standard Crisis cards standing upright. I also have a plastic briefcase-like case that fit four 400-count boxes perfectly. So even when Forever Evil is released, I've got room.