View Full Version : Patch notes ;)

Cernz
08-20-2014, 04:02 AM
https://hextcg.com/patch-notes-v0-9-3-015/

Patch Notes – v0.9.3.015
Aug 20, 2014

Patch Notes for v0.9.3.015

New Features
· A tutorial has been added to help new players. When a new account is created the tutorial will automatically launch after account name creation. It can also be accessed via the Landing Page at any time after first login.

Tournaments
· Cards earned from tournaments are now displayed in correct descending rarity order
· Your name will now be highlighted in tournament lobbies
· End-of-tournament rewards screen now shows primal packs correctly
· Fixed typo in ‘tournament full’ message

General
· Removing friends now correctly updates the friends list
· A deck’s Reserves tab will now save properly after being emptied
· Shards of Fate can now be listed for sale in the Auction House
· Page numbers are now listed in the Auction House search results
· Primal filter now works correctly with primal packs
· Cards with no buyout are correctly sorted to the bottom of the list instead of the top when sorting by buyout
· Scrolling over cards in the Auction House listing UI now indicates what deck the card belongs to
· Added ‘number of cards owned’ pop up when scrolling over cards in the Auction House
· Fixed issue where Wheels of Fate was highlighting multiple prize results
· Game sound no longer stops after your first match
· Starter Trials button has been moved to the Home screen

Gameplay
· Cards that are granted Rage no longer improperly display Rage 0
· Client no longer crashes when attempting to activate a card during the Assign Damage phase
· Right clicking on a graveyard during “Select from Graveyard” prompt no longer stalls the game
· Players are no longer able to over discard their hand
· Pass Priority button is no longer unnecessarily present during the Discard Phase
· Cards no longer trigger their “entering play” trigger again when the opponent gains control of them

Known Issues
· Menacing Gralk adds text to cards in opposing player’s hand. This only lasts for a single turn and is graphical only.
· Cards that were part of a recently deleted deck still show “part of deck” graphic in Auction House listing UI. Re-logging will fix this UI glitch
· Players will not see updates to tournament queue UI after completing a tournament. Re-logging will fix this UI glitch.
· Gen Con 2014 code items (Jovial Pippit AA, Brosi Buk, and Sleeves) didn’t quite make it in this patch, we are working to get them in the game as soon as possible

AstaSyneri
08-20-2014, 04:38 AM
Nothing spectacular really, only the Tutorial needed to funnel the masses waiting before the Open Beta gates.

Xenavire
08-20-2014, 04:40 AM
Nothing spectacular really, only the Tutorial needed to funnel the masses waiting before the Open Beta gates.

I hear everyone talk about this feature or that feature needing to be in before open beta, but I have a good one! The UI (not mentioned in the patch notes) is very important - we don't want to open the beta then change everything days/weeks later, do we? :p

poizonous
08-20-2014, 04:44 AM
I hear everyone talk about this feature or that feature needing to be in before open beta, but I have a good one! The UI (not mentioned in the patch notes) is very important - we don't want to open the beta then change everything days/weeks later, do we? :p

I thought the new UI was coming in with Open Beta? Or was I misinformed from what I heard during Gen Con

Xenavire
08-20-2014, 04:47 AM
I thought the new UI was coming in with Open Beta? Or was I misinformed from what I heard during Gen Con

I don't think that they confirmed an actual time, but it was implied to be coming very soon (so I assume with or before open beta, not after.) Was hoping to see it today, because it looks really nice.

Xenavire
08-20-2014, 05:05 AM
So, the new cards in the tutorial have pretty awesome art. Dusk Stalker and Dragon Guard are all I have seen so far, but I wish we could get them to play in PvE! :p

EDIT: Those were the only 2 cards that are new, the rest were old cards. Still nifty, a 1/1 for 1 and a 2/2 for 3 - vanilla but with awesome artwork.

lightreaper
08-20-2014, 05:32 AM
Cards no longer trigger their “entering play” trigger again when the opponent gains control of them
I wonder what this refers to, if this means enters play abilities don't trigger if you reanimate your opponents cards than this is a huge change.

Zarien
08-20-2014, 05:35 AM
The most important feature still not in the game. Some form of trading :(

TheSwallowsNest
08-20-2014, 05:37 AM
Game sound no longer stops after your first match

Haven't tested this out in tournaments, but its not true for proving grounds.

Sound cut out again after 1st AI battle.

No sound in 2nd or 3rd AI battle that I've tested so far

Cernz
08-20-2014, 05:40 AM
new tutorial with old UI, a bit strange ;) ... makes just sense if the UI is still far away and if we start with the old one into open beta.

Jacklau89
08-20-2014, 05:45 AM
Just tried the tutorial and thought we'll see something like "YOU'RE WINNER!" at the end :) But no just plain old you win.

Chounard
08-20-2014, 05:47 AM
I wonder what this refers to, if this means enters play abilities don't trigger if you reanimate your opponents cards than this is a huge change.

It's probably talking about Mancubus. The card was crazy buggy. I'm guessing it's only mostly buggy now. :P

ossuary
08-20-2014, 06:42 AM
- Scrolling over cards in the Auction House listing UI now indicates what deck the card belongs to
- Added ‘number of cards owned’ pop up when scrolling over cards in the Auction House

I'm a little disgusted with myself over how happy I am about these 2 lines of text. :p

ManofPeace
08-20-2014, 06:43 AM
Very disappointing patch. No fixes for long standing bugs, QoL improvements to innate mechanics, or communication regarding weird card interactions. Hopefully the UI patch will address some of those instead of just adding bevel.

Deckofmanythings
08-20-2014, 07:02 AM
Who still thinks Set 2 is coming before the end of August?

Lawlschool
08-20-2014, 07:03 AM
I'm a little disgusted with myself over how happy I am about these 2 lines of text. :p

Especially the second one! I've accidentally bought a 5th card far too many times...

Superjuice
08-20-2014, 07:04 AM
Who still thinks Set 2 is coming before the end of August?

Did anyone ever believe that would happen? :confused:

poizonous
08-20-2014, 07:05 AM
My estimates if Tutorial is successful

Open Beta - next week
Set 2 - First week of september
Arena - Last week of september/First week october

Estimates if Tutorial fails

Open beta - 2nd week of september
Set 2 - End of September
Arena - Some point October

YourOpponent
08-20-2014, 07:09 AM
So does anybody know if the 128 tournaments are up yet or not?

ShadHex
08-20-2014, 07:19 AM
"· Added ‘number of cards owned’ pop up when scrolling over cards in the Auction House"

Please make this happen in the draft UI as well!!!! PLEASE PLEASE

Deckofmanythings
08-20-2014, 07:20 AM
No 128's on the tournament listing.

Deckofmanythings
08-20-2014, 07:22 AM
"· Added ‘number of cards owned’ pop up when scrolling over cards in the Auction House"

Because we want to make Rare-Draft-Then-Drop easier... why?!

lightreaper
08-20-2014, 07:25 AM
Death to raredrafting.

Deckofmanythings
08-20-2014, 07:25 AM
Hey the removed the clock for Vs. AI games!

deathandtexas
08-20-2014, 07:26 AM
After months of "Don't worry - Set 2 is coming out in August," I give you:

Incoming argument: You can't be disappointed that Set 2 won't be released in August as previously promised because no one actually thought that would happen.

Yubar
08-20-2014, 07:40 AM
Makes sense for them not to release set 2 til October, given that open beta is say next week or so. Funktion mentioned this, get the new people in, they buy set 1 cards, maybe make a deck or two, then bam, hit them with set 2. Helps you KS hoarders too as you can sell off your set 1 spares before their value gets crushed.

Vorsa
08-20-2014, 07:56 AM

Good spot! And good change - very convenient, for when real-life intrudes on gaming.

+

I just played a game with Soul Marble; didn't have to confirm spending each resource - simply clicked and Soul Marble floated over to the stack but then resolved right away, all 10 times. :)

pinkshirtbadman
08-20-2014, 08:03 AM

Because if people want to pay the extra $1 to open packs that way and get what they want to help make a deck, that's their right.
Also there are always instances when a pack comes to me and there isn't anything to help my draft deck and I'm just going take whatever. Especially when a new set is out and I don't have 10+ of some of cards why in the world should I be denied that information?

Vorsa
08-20-2014, 08:07 AM
Because if people want to pay the extra $1 to open packs that way and get what they want to help make a deck, that's their right.
Also there are always instances when a pack comes to me and there isn't anything to help my draft deck and I'm just going take whatever. Especially when a new set is out and I don't have 10+ of some of cards why in the world should I be denied that information?

I am also trying to complete a 2nd uncommon set - just in case my brother can ever be persuaded - and would really appreciate being able to tell which ones I've not yet got 8 of.
Realistically I'm not going to build & maintain a spreadsheet of 100 cards to have open every draft, but it's info that would be useful to em in-game.

Deckofmanythings
08-20-2014, 08:14 AM
Good spot! And good change - very convenient, for when real-life intrudes on gaming.

+

I just played a game with Soul Marble; didn't have to confirm spending each resource - simply clicked and Soul Marble floated over to the stack but then resolved right away, all 10 times. :)

You could do that already if you held down CTRL.

malloc31
08-20-2014, 08:32 AM

I am pretty sure if people are rare draft dropping they are taking the rares whether or not they have 4 of them, so they can sell then in AH, if not they are doing it wrong.

ossuary
08-20-2014, 08:41 AM
So they get the rares, and you get the packs. Where is the problem? :p

It's not anyone's place to tell anyone else how to spend their money or manage their draft picks.

Yoss
08-20-2014, 09:09 AM

Indeed. Have asked for this multiple times in the past.

Saeijou
08-20-2014, 09:19 AM

yeah... time to glitch the system! last time my gambit + uzume deck took about 10 minutes to get one start turn done (after i had 12 uzumes and some runts of the litter on board). now it can process all day, while i'm at work xD

Warrender
08-20-2014, 10:29 AM
I am pretty sure if people are rare draft dropping they are taking the rares whether or not they have 4 of them, so they can sell then in AH, if not they are doing it wrong.

Yeah, the only people that care about how many they have already are those looking to complete collections or for their decks. I'm okay with that as a reason to rare-draft vs. the mercenary AH-sellers.

Xenavire
08-20-2014, 10:42 AM
Yeah, the only people that care about how many they have already are those looking to complete collections or for their decks. I'm okay with that as a reason to rare-draft vs. the mercenary AH-sellers.

Precisely - the only rares I grab in draft are: collection, useful to me, hatedraft, and in that order, with raredraft as last (when I have a pile of crap in front of me and the rare isn't terrible or sells for a decent amount.) Barely even touched the AH, so I am not one of the sellers you mention.

Although I have never passed up a legendary, but I think that is just common sense.

Glae
08-20-2014, 10:46 AM
Really hoping we would've seen more bugs fixed in a bug fixing patch. Maybe this was just a minor patch before a big UI overhaul? Or maybe some actual bug squashes (Relentless Corruption, -1/-1 gem)

Mahes
08-20-2014, 10:47 AM
Precisely - the only rares I grab in draft are: collection, useful to me, hatedraft, and in that order, with raredraft as last (when I have a pile of crap in front of me and the rare ins't terrible or sells for a decent amount.) Barely even touched the AH, so I am not one of the sellers you mention.

Although I have never passed up a legendary, but I think that is just common sense.

No, according to some players you should be passing on the rares and legendaries that sell on the AH. It is wrong to rare draft.

What!?!?!?!?!

nicosharp
08-20-2014, 11:11 AM
No, according to some players you should be passing on the rares and legendaries that sell on the AH. It is wrong to rare draft.

What!?!?!?!?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWdd6_ZxX8c

Deckofmanythings
08-20-2014, 11:24 AM
Really hoping we would've seen more bugs fixed in a bug fixing patch. Maybe this was just a minor patch before a big UI overhaul? Or maybe some actual bug squashes (Relentless Corruption, -1/-1 gem)

Do we know these were not fixed? There's usually undocumented fixes.

ManofPeace
08-20-2014, 11:51 AM
Do we know these were not fixed? There's usually undocumented fixes.
-1/-1 gem is 100% not fixed. First thing I checked. Relentless is more difficult to check alone but there's no reason to assume its fixed or any of the other known bugs. "Usually undocumented" is such bad practice.

Chounard
08-20-2014, 01:26 PM
-1/-1 gem is 100% not fixed. First thing I checked. Relentless is more difficult to check alone but there's no reason to assume its fixed or any of the other known bugs. "Usually undocumented" is such bad practice.

Since it wasn't reported, I'm wondering if the rest of the problems with Mancubus are still in there. (A few nights ago I stole an Eternal Guardian, and it still protected my opponent.)

Also, I think they're wrong about the Menacing Gralk being just a graphical error. I bounced a Solitary Exile to get a surprise blocker, and he came into play exhausted.

N3rd4Christ
08-20-2014, 02:13 PM

+1

Would be amazing

FoundInTheFlood
08-20-2014, 03:08 PM
I can't remove friends ... wtf ... :/ I waited for that for months.. I added everyone that was online in the first 3 days of playing the game and now my list is too long :/

Xenavire
08-20-2014, 03:36 PM
Ok, other than the tutorial, almost everything on the list of changes didn't actually change. Incomplete patch/build perhaps?

Mahes
08-20-2014, 03:59 PM
Yoss just posted that tournaments are not functioning either.

Yoss
08-20-2014, 04:07 PM
Yoss just posted that tournaments are not functioning either.

My post is word of mouth from the forums. I didn't test it.

http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=37609

Thrawn
08-20-2014, 04:09 PM
I'm in a draft right now. Couldn't speak to the actual game play, but the draft launched no problem and I'm picking cards as I type this.

Yoss
08-20-2014, 04:18 PM
I'm in a draft right now. Couldn't speak to the actual game play, but the draft launched no problem and I'm picking cards as I type this.

Thanks for the update. I cross-posted this into the bug thread for you.

ossuary
08-20-2014, 07:58 PM
I'm pretty sure they can hotfix tournaments. They've done it before. So even if they were temporarily busted, it might have only been a small number that crashed before they fixed the problem locally.

Yoss
08-20-2014, 10:31 PM
The tournament numbering is all messed up, that's one I've seen for myself.

benczi
08-21-2014, 05:15 AM
Very disappointed in this patch, after 2 or 3 weeks of nothing we get a patch that barely fixes anything, but instead has a multitude of bugs.

Gulbech
08-21-2014, 05:52 AM
Very disappointed in this patch, after 2 or 3 weeks of nothing we get a patch that barely fixes anything, but instead has a multitude of bugs.

Think they used their time on releasing set 2 and Gencon. Not surpriced there where nothing big.

Xenavire
08-21-2014, 06:01 AM
I think the main issue is that they had a build with incomplete features, and removed those incomplete features to push the finished features live. They jave done this before, once or twice, with near-identical results.

The big question is will the next build fix it, or will they do a micro patch/hotfix?