PDA

View Full Version : Card Wars with "instants"-function on spells

Lillebror
08-21-2014, 12:11 AM
I love Card Wars, but there's one function I miss (which an other certain CCG has)
the ability to play a spell as an instant during combat-phase.

For instance, has anyone tried "saving" an action point and using it as a "surprise, motherf..:mad:!"-attack during opponents attack phase?

I haven't tried this yet, but feel it'll subtract some of the predictability for the upcoming attack phase, right?

Jake_the_Dog
08-28-2014, 12:04 PM
I don't know about your idea. What I like about Card Wars is the planning during your own turn. It makes you anticipate what could happen a lot sooner, making the game a lot more strategic than if you had trap cards like in yugioh that you can use if the opportunity happens. The lack of emergency actions is what makes Card Wars what it is. Think your move a lot more ;)

Finn_the_Human
09-29-2014, 07:49 PM
Coming off of games like MTG I have a love/hate relationship with instants. If they add instants to card wars though I'd also like to see a "Calvary" L5R creature type(last minute lane swap essentially) added along side the instants. Maybe for a Marceline vs The Ice King set or some such. Also, maybe adding a building that could make 0 cost spells instants since you can't "save" action points would be an easy fit into the way the game currently is.:cool:

Lillebror
10-30-2014, 05:28 AM
valid points indeed

Thanks guys.;)