PDA

View Full Version : HEX Update - Post Convention

Shaqattaq
08-22-2014, 04:30 PM
Hi HEXers. We’re back from both Gamescom and Gen Con, in the office getting work done! Thank you to everyone who came and met us at those two events.

https://hextcg.com/post-convention/

Vorsa
08-22-2014, 05:11 PM
Exciting list of upcoming work!

Looking forward to the new UI, and keep tuning that Arena. ;)

Littlejon24
08-22-2014, 05:27 PM
biggest feature that needs to be released is set 2. i want that more than any feature at the moment.

tekka
08-22-2014, 05:52 PM
i have to say that we dont need more Cards ! We need and the BETA player too a way to get cards without paying with Real money!cuz its very boring for Beta player to play with only 1 deck ! thats for me the MOST important thing what Hex now need !

N3rd4Christ
08-22-2014, 05:52 PM
I enjoy bug fixes the best

Glae
08-22-2014, 06:01 PM
Wait, I can earn 2013 gencon rewards at some point in the future? Jadiim sleeves? JADIIM SLEEEVES??? JAAAAADIIIIIIIIIIIIIIM SLEEEEEEEEEEVES!!!

Daer
08-22-2014, 07:26 PM
Only Mercenaries and alt art cards. For sleeves you actually have to go to the event.

Chiany
08-22-2014, 09:15 PM
biggest feature that needs to be released is set 2. i want that more than any feature at the moment.

Stop kidding around, what needs to be released asap is PVE.

This will show that Hex is a very different game compared to that game that shall not be mentioned here, and it gives the new players that will come during the start of the Open Beta a far better idea what Hex is about.

schild
08-22-2014, 10:03 PM
The wording on this update is pretty weird.

It implies Set 2 is coming with the next patch. Clarification please. And if it's coming from a user, for the love of god do not post a link to Cory's quote from the other day. It has no power here.

AswanJaguar
08-22-2014, 10:34 PM
The wording on this update is pretty weird.

It implies Set 2 is coming with the next patch. Clarification please.

Now that those two events are behind us, our teams are preparing for a few things: the next patch featuring UI update, Shattered Destiny release, getting our community involved on our Twitch channel, Arena tuning, getting 128-person tournaments back online (very soon), and more!

It is a bit vague but after re-reading it, I assumed that "the next patch featuring UI update" was separate from "Shattered Destiny release". Given all that stuff would be unreasonable to release at once, it seems like an informal timeline jammed into one sentence.

schild
08-22-2014, 11:08 PM
Hence why I'm asking for dev clarification.

katkillad
08-23-2014, 01:36 AM
I hope mail trading was accidentally left out and not pushed back.

poizonous
08-23-2014, 04:45 AM
Anyone else surprised with such a small update this week? Pretty much told us everything we already knew

Vorsa
08-23-2014, 05:45 AM
Anyone else surprised with such a small update this week? Pretty much told us everything we already knew

I'm guessing they just need to be vague until they can attach times, though I am surprised that they didn't officially move set 2 to September - now we'll spend all week with the stupidly optimistic hope they will release it & the UI patch together in the next 6 days! :p

ManFish
08-23-2014, 06:47 AM
i have to say that we dont need more Cards ! We need and the BETA player too a way to get cards without paying with Real money!cuz its very boring for Beta player to play with only 1 deck ! thats for me the MOST important thing what Hex now need !

Your playing the wrong game.

poizonous
08-23-2014, 07:21 AM
@Tekka Even when PvE comes out, your PvP deck will only enhance with either money or selling PvE cards, you will not earn PvP cards for free. Why do people think that their PvP deck will get better for free. The game is FREE to Play, not FREE to enhance

Glae
08-23-2014, 03:09 PM
Oh, so I can earn Alternate Art Ozawa? Ugh. Pass.

Galvayra
08-23-2014, 11:48 PM
Why do people think that their PvP deck will get better for free.

Because it will?

Let me tell you how it works, there are pvp cards for gold on the AH, everything from baby yeti to vampire king, with pve you get gold for free just by playing, you see where this is going?

poizonous
08-24-2014, 01:49 AM
Because it will?

Let me tell you how it works, there are pvp cards for gold on the AH, everything from baby yeti to vampire king, with pve you get gold for free just by playing, you see where this is going?

You do realize with only the Arena and 1 Dungeon how extremely long it will take to get enough gold for good cards? It isnt like when the game releases and you have 40+ dungeons to run through, I am still waiting for when the first dungeon comes out and the people start complaining "We want more dungeons"

Yes it can be done for free but people are not accounting for how much grinding you will actually have to do for it to be free

Galvayra
08-24-2014, 02:15 AM
Yes it can be done for free but people are not accounting for how much grinding you will actually have to do for it to be free

Who are these people? the free2 play crowd that has been grinding in every free game for years?

Lafoote
08-24-2014, 04:34 AM
You do realize with only the Arena and 1 Dungeon how extremely long it will take to get enough gold for good cards? It isnt like when the game releases and you have 40+ dungeons to run through, I am still waiting for when the first dungeon comes out and the people start complaining "We want more dungeons"

Depends on your definition of "good." Murder is a good card, and won't take an obscene amount of grinding to obtain. Someone that just wants a couple Uncommons to upgrade their starter deck should be able to accomplish that with little effort. Sure, it will take eons to buy a set of Legendary cards, but if you just want to play something besides orcs, the PvE system will make that possible.

poizonous
08-24-2014, 05:30 AM
Who are these people? the free2 play crowd that has been grinding in every free game for years?

Grinding in an MMO is not the same as grinding in a TCG that one round can take 30 minutes

Lafoote
08-24-2014, 01:40 PM
Grinding in an MMO is not the same as grinding in a TCG that one round can take 30 minutes

Most games wont take anywhere near 30 min and it's not like you have to let the hunter take the bow. You'll always have something to sell after the TCG dungeon.

Qiro
08-24-2014, 11:49 PM

I don't understand it really well.

Even if you're the economical type of gamer you can do the math.
Join the VIP-Programm for just EUR 3,-. That should be a first step. Or think about a game like World of Warcraft. The monthly money effort for it is around 13,- EUR. Even with the VIP-Program you should have about 10,- EUR ~ likley USD 14,- (?) a month for buying platinum or packs. Hex keeps you entertained for more that a month - when all the features are available - you can play it for ages.

A TCG will cost money! Even more than Hex (muuuuch moooore) when i think about my old MtG-times. *shrug*

A good game will always cost money. (My opinion). And i love to pay for a good game to support it.

The mmo-community latley has become way too lazy and demanding. Where's the feeling when you are really proud about an achievement that to achieve has taken a lot of time and effort? I like this feeling.

I don't think that the PVE-gold-getting part will be competetive for the PVP-part.

Galvayra
08-25-2014, 01:54 AM
No one demanded anything, they said they are making a free to play mmotcg,you can't be surprised now that there are people wanting to play it for free.

As for your example, make WoW's monthly fee optional and see what happens. If you think everyone will keep paying when its not a requirement you are deluding yourself.

Lawlschool
08-26-2014, 06:06 AM

Exactly.

Plus, we have no idea what "grinding" in Hex will entail. We're all aware that it's likely possible to go f2p in PvP through PvE, but we have absolutely no idea how feasible that will be. My guess is it won't be too tough to build yourself a decent pauper or peasant deck, but it'll probably be a much more intensive process to build a good meta deck.

Zophie
09-03-2014, 08:33 PM
I almost forgot to ask before, but I love the art of the lady pirate in this article (Daring Blademaster?), have they shown this before? Can I ask who did this piece and is there more like it? Thanks!