PDA

View Full Version : Is tutorial available without beta key?

Geomorpher
08-24-2014, 09:02 AM
This is my first post and I have been looking for an answer but have not found one, I see there is an option to download the client and was wondering if the Tutorial I hear about is present and if playable without a Beta key (I don't believe it will be but it never hurts to ask).

Sorry if this is covered somewhere else, I have used the search and sived through several threads trying to find an answer.

Thank you any and all in advance for any feedback.

Xenavire
08-24-2014, 09:12 AM
You can download the client, but logging in without a key is impossible (since you can only make an account by having a key.) The tutorial is in the game, but you have to log in to be able to play it.

Sorry I can't help you more, you will just have to wait for a key/open beta, but the good news is that open beta shouldn't be far off - all the core features required for open beta are live, and set 2 is coming (but open beta needs to be first!) So it should be in the next few weeks. :)

Geomorpher
08-24-2014, 10:08 AM
So I was correct in worrying there would be a "Log In" to even get to the tutorial. Thank you for the confirmation before I use my limited cap to download the client in an attempt to see if it was so.

No need to be sorry, you have done a lot by replying and saved me an unknown amount of data to download on limited cap (I get 2GB of internet a month).

I have no clue what set 2 is, hearing about it all over the forum but have not delved deep enough to find out "what" it is. I've deduced Open beta will preceed PvE, Challanges, Dungeons, Raids, Co-op and this mysterious Set2 (Dungeons and PvE may be the same thing, I only discovered the game today by googling "Exploration TCG", "Adventure TCG", etc) but it will have the tutorial which will allow me to get a grasp if I enjoy the gameplay or not before waiting for PvE elements.

Thank you very much for your time and all the best.

Yours thankfully
Geo

Xenavire
08-24-2014, 01:11 PM
Well, if you are interested, Set 2 means an expansion set to go with the original set of PvP cards. The first set was Shards of fate, and the second set will be Shattered Destiny, which will be adding about 200 new cards, giving is around 500-600 PvP cards in total.

As for the size of the game, my install is 1.2gb. You are right that open beta will be the tutorial, and it comes with a lot of other content, with much more coming later (like set 2 and dungeons/raids/the arena, double backs, guilds, etc.)