PDA

View Full Version : Worker Bot (and possibly other created troops)

Shinsaku17
08-25-2014, 08:16 AM
So... I was testing around and trying to find a way to create 2 cost Worker Bots (it's a long story, but needed them at 2 for Inspire). One of my methods was to create a bunch of Worker Bots on the board then bounce them back to my hand using Yesterday. I would then cast one of the Worker Bots from my hand and use a Countermagic on it, in hopes of altering the casting costs of the remaining Worker Bots in my hand. This did not happen. I'm not sure if the created troop cards are designed to respond this way for a reason, if it's simply a bug with created troops, or if Countermagic is having issues post patch. I contacted one of the NOBLEs in game and he suggested that I post a message here.

PS - If anyone else has experienced this with other created troops please feel free to reply. I'm curious what other troops are affected by this (or rather unaffected by the Countermagic casting cost increase).

Yoss
08-25-2014, 11:26 AM
Interesting find. You could try this with Eurig making War Bots too.

Tinfoil
08-25-2014, 01:25 PM
Yeah, interesting. Just for checkers...it was not a display error?

Shinsaku17
08-25-2014, 05:36 PM
Yeah. I was using Eurig, Bertram, and Worker Bot Factory to get a bunch of them on the board and then used Yesterday to bounce them all back to my hand. Then I played a Worker Bot from my hand and followed it up with a Countermagic. I was just curious if there was a way to get a created troop's casting cost above 1 for inspire reasons. For example... if I could use Bertram's power to create a blocker that would draw a card (when i had Mirror Knight in play). However, I realized quite quickly that a created troop doesn't exist in a "zone". That led me to trying to group them in my hand to see if I could work it out that way (just to study and see card interactions). This is when I stumbled upon what I described above.

NOT a display error. That was my first thought and I continued the test (putting the next Worker Bot into play to see if it was inspired).

AswanJaguar
08-25-2014, 06:10 PM
If you're trying to Countermagic your own spell, would you not need to use CTRL-click to maintain priority when you cast it? I've never tried responding to my own stuff.

Yoss
08-26-2014, 10:58 PM
If you're trying to Countermagic your own spell, would you not need to use CTRL-click to maintain priority when you cast it? I've never tried responding to my own stuff.

He succeeded in countering it.

AswanJaguar
08-26-2014, 11:09 PM
He succeeded in countering it.

Ah, I misread what the "did not happen" was referring to. Carry on.