PDA

View Full Version : If i buy VIP sub today or tommorow...

MirriCatWarrior
08-31-2014, 11:32 AM
Will i get full reward (4 booster packs) overtime like before (i had VIP for some time before but cancelled)?
Or everything will go 'puff' at September 8th?

I just want to take advantage from this system one last time but i must be sure that money dont go to waste (because it will be better buying plat then etc..) and i will get full reward.

Dev Response or lick to post about this will be very appreciated.

Gwaer
08-31-2014, 11:52 AM
You'll get the full sub.

meowstef
08-31-2014, 01:15 PM
and if you want a link confirming Gwaer's story

https://hextcg.com/vip-program-update/

Skirovik
08-31-2014, 06:08 PM
On this note - how do we find out when our current subscription is due to end?

Gwaer
08-31-2014, 06:17 PM
Easiest way is probably logging into the game, going to the store and clicking the VIP button, it should take you to a page that has your subscription information.

Skirovik
08-31-2014, 06:25 PM
Easiest way is probably logging into the game, going to the store and clicking the VIP button, it should take you to a page that has your subscription information.

Thanks Gwaer - I'll try that when I get home tonight. :)

Xyber
09-01-2014, 06:57 AM
I'm sorry, it could just be the time, but where in that link does it say that those who sign up for it will STILL get packs?

Werlix
09-01-2014, 01:43 PM
I'm sorry, it could just be the time, but where in that link does it say that those who sign up for it will STILL get packs?

It doesn't say anywhere that they are discontinuing giving out VIP packs, it just says they're discontinuing new signups.

Roader
09-02-2014, 01:51 AM
An admin can confirm please? before the 08 sept...
Thx

Xyber
09-02-2014, 08:32 AM
An admin can confirm please? before the 08 sept...
Thx

Seconded for the sake of those who this will affect the decision of.

FoundInTheFlood
09-03-2014, 02:03 AM
Can't we quit our membership and buy a longer one? mine is still ongoing :/

Roader
09-03-2014, 03:21 AM
j-5 and no responses about players interrogations... very professional.

Svenn
09-03-2014, 06:19 AM
In all cases, we will provide ALL the value we have promised (frankly it is more value than promised).

Terikan
09-03-2014, 08:54 PM

Yes, that's very vague. All the value... heh that could come in other forms than packs, all they have to say is that they think what they provide in place of the packs has similar value.

saffamike
09-03-2014, 09:02 PM
Cory and team have yet to sell anyone short. If they indicate that they will deliver on the value promised or more then I tend to believe them.

Gwaer
09-03-2014, 09:04 PM
Cory and team have yet to sell anyone short. If they indicate that they will deliver on the value promised or more then I tend to believe them.
Agreed, if anything then they change something they give too much value =/

Yoss
09-03-2014, 09:09 PM
The Hex team has been very generous at every turn, almost to a fault.

f5shooter
09-03-2014, 11:02 PM
I cancelled my recurring monthly VIP so I could buy the year-long, but there's no way to re-purchase into the VIP once you cancel??

Xexist
09-04-2014, 12:27 AM
I cancelled my recurring monthly VIP so I could buy the year-long, but there's no way to re-purchase into the VIP once you cancel??

yeah I wish I could do this too. I auto renewed for a month. BOOOO

Kroan
09-04-2014, 01:39 AM
I contacted support about this, and indeed there is no way to change your subscription to a year if your sub is running out after the end-date of VIP.

Hallo Braavos

Thank you for contacting HEX Customer Support. Unfortunately in such situation there is no possibility to subscribe for 12 months VIP membership anymore. Thank you for your understanding in this situation.

Yours Sincerely,
[removed name]
HEX Support Team

Zophie
09-04-2014, 01:46 AM
I contacted support about this, and indeed there is no way to change your subscription to a year if your sub is running out after the end-date of VIP.

Dang, was worth a shot I guess :(

negativeZer0
09-04-2014, 10:21 AM
so those of us that have been using vip right along get screwed since we cant extend it while those that have not been using vip get to jump on board. This is rather irritating. I was perfectly fine with them doing away with vip but not letting those who have supported vip all along get the one year is kind of sucks.

Saeijou
09-04-2014, 11:17 AM
so those of us that have been using vip right along get screwed since we cant extend it while those that have not been using vip get to jump on board. This is rather irritating. I was perfectly fine with them doing away with vip but not letting those who have supported vip all along get the one year is kind of BS.

yep... i have VIP from month to month... kind of sad, that mine expires at the 23 and I can't get a year-long one :/

ManxomeFoe
09-04-2014, 02:00 PM
so those of us that have been using vip right along get screwed since we cant extend it while those that have not been using vip get to jump on board. This is rather irritating. I was perfectly fine with them doing away with vip but not letting those who have supported vip all along get the one year is kind of BS.

I am one of those who had not been using VIP - until I went and bought a one year subscription on September 1st, after reading the announcement about it being discontinued. I am chiming in now just to confirm that this is not a hypothetical. People (like me) who had been ignoring the program are currently able to get much more out of it than those who have been using the program all along.

That bites.

I understand why VIP needs to be discontinued, but I certainly hope that Cryptozoic is aware of this particular consequence of how it was discontinued, and that they find some way to take care of you guys. Maybe they could compile a list of current VIP accounts which have participated in at least X number of tournaments per month (to filter out the accounts which were only used to obtain cheap packs) and allow those accounts to purchase a year subscription when their current subscription ends, or opt to continue their current subscription until September 2015?

elfstone
09-04-2014, 04:01 PM
yah it really sucks, I had a continual 3 month sub going, and I cant upgrade to a higher one :(

Gorgol
09-04-2014, 05:42 PM
Once again, legitimate users are screwed :(

Yoss
09-04-2014, 06:02 PM
Could just give everyone who's currently VIP when they close down an email with option to "extend to the end" as a one time payment. The payment amount would be scaled based on how much time you have banked versus the 1 year sub you're buying.

negativeZer0
09-04-2014, 06:40 PM
They would need a way to ensure no one can extend past Sep 8th 2015. Otherwise hopefully they can do what Yoss said

nickon
09-05-2014, 12:56 AM
Luckily I was still able to subscribe for a year (I was waiting to subscribe to VIP for Set 2 release). But if I would've been in the same boat, I wouldn't want devs to waste time on devising a mechanism to rectify the subscription for 'regular' users of the program.

DreamPuppet
09-05-2014, 01:08 AM
What did you all do with your Beta invites? Use a beta invite to create a new account, sign up for a year of VIP; problem solved.

Zophie
09-05-2014, 01:23 AM
What did you all do with your Beta invites? Use a beta invite to create a new account, sign up for a year of VIP; problem solved.

I gave mine to others more deserving than me, and gave them a heads up about the final VIP renewal deadline :)

Warrender
09-05-2014, 01:31 AM

It's kind of ironic that in order to crack down on exactly that behavior, CZE has given their players no other good option but to engage in exactly the behavior they are trying to prevent.

hex_colin
09-05-2014, 01:40 AM
It's kind of ironic that in order to crack down on exactly that behavior, CZE has given their players no other option but to engage in exactly the behavior they are trying to prevent.

"no other option"? Just because you can, doesn't mean you should cheat the system. :(

Someone posted that they were looking into options for people who currently had subscriptions. When did they ever not make things right and/or give us more value that we probably have a right to expect?

Warrender
09-05-2014, 01:52 AM
"no other option"? Just because you can, doesn't mean you should cheat the system. :(

Someone posted that they were looking into options for people who currently had subscriptions. When did they ever not make things right and/or give us more value that we probably have a right to expect?

Very true and I amended my previous comment.

It doesn't apply to me because I knew value when I saw it and signed up for a year right from the start. But you can be sure if I had not, I would probably be scrambling around for a beta key right now rather than hope that CZE comes up with a solution before the shutdown date.

hex_colin
09-05-2014, 02:13 AM
Very true and I amended my previous comment.

It doesn't apply to me because I knew value when I saw it and signed up for a year right from the start. But you can be sure if I had not, I would probably be scrambling around for a beta key right now rather than hope that CZE comes up with a solution before the shutdown date.

I don't know that they necessarily need to have the solution in place before the shutdown, just that they communicate what they plan to do beforehand (if anything).

How might it work? They could easily run a report to get a list of everyone who is affected (current subscriptions on September 7th with, say, less than 11 months remaining) and send them a email giving them a few days to decide whether or not they want to extend to through September 7th next year. Then they could maybe just grab Platinum from opt-in accounts on a predetermined date based on the number of months a given person would be extended (after communicating the amount and debit date obviously) - that way if you have the Platinum on your account in time, and you've opted in, you get your extension.

To be clear though - I have no knowledge of any plans and don't even know if they're planning to do anything to help those folks out (myself included) who already have subscriptions and can't re-up before the deadline. Just thinking out loud about how they could solve the problem if they wanted to.

f5shooter
09-05-2014, 04:12 PM
I just wish we were better informed on how it would work. I remember reading that they anticipated a lot of year-long subscriptions this weekend. I assumed that applied to everyone, so I cancelled my current VIP in order to re-sign up for a year, only to find out afterward, "Ohh sorry. You can't sign up for yearly and you can't even re-sign up for your what you had previously."

Leaves a pretty sour taste for people who have been here since day 1.

As you said, hopefully we get word that they will look into helping people in our situation.

Vibraxus
09-05-2014, 04:23 PM
I just wish we were better informed on how it would work. I remember reading that they anticipated a lot of year-long subscriptions this weekend. I assumed that applied to everyone, so I cancelled my current VIP in order to re-sign up for a year, only to find out afterward, "Ohh sorry. You can't sign up for yearly and you can't even re-sign up for your what you had previously."

Leaves a pretty sour taste for people who have been here since day 1.

As you said, hopefully we get word that they will look into helping people in our situation.

That word isnt in the latest update....Yay for getting an update to the VIP program before it dies.

Yoss
09-07-2014, 11:34 PM
Nothing in the Friday update...

hammer
09-08-2014, 01:44 AM
And that's it folks looks like the VIP programme is no more:

I just received the following email - looks like the cancellation message should have been reworded :p

"You have cancelled your VIP Programme membership for HEX - Shards of Fate. Your membership will end on 08/31/2015. Too bad you don't want to be a member any more – {SNIP EMAIL ADDRESS} We hope you had a great time in our card realm, and hope we can welcome you back as a VIP player again soon.
Remember that you enjoy the following benefits as a VIP Programme member:
Every week you receive a new booster pack, plus you can participate in an exclusive tournament every month, with amazing prizes for the winners!"

Too bad you don't want us as members any more and cant welcome us back as a VIP player again :p

magic_gazz
09-08-2014, 03:35 AM
Just got that email too, pretty terrible wording.

Xenavire
09-08-2014, 03:46 AM
Pretty sure it was a pre-existing stock email.

hammer
09-08-2014, 03:49 AM
Pretty sure it was a pre-existing stock email.

Yes of course, but could have been edited to more accurately reflect :p

Xenavire
09-08-2014, 04:26 AM
Yes of course, but could have been edited to more accurately reflect :p

Obviously, but I guess it wasn't a priority, sadly. Still, what a way to go out! "Sorry, but this feature you can't have anymore wants you back. Mwahahahah!"

MatWith1T
09-08-2014, 05:36 AM
I still have a feeling VIP will return in some form. They need to put their heads together to figure out the new model, and those heads are currently occupied with more pressing development priorities. But subscription is just too good a business model for this game to completely abandon.

Xyber
09-08-2014, 06:35 AM
I still have a feeling VIP will return in some form. They need to put their heads together to figure out the new model, and those heads are currently occupied with more pressing development priorities. But subscription is just too good a business model for this game to completely abandon.

I would love it if say, the Sub fee paid for a Draft of Sealed a week for a year.