PDA

View Full Version : Threshold: The Hex Podcast Episode 52 - Interview Overload

OutlandishMatt
09-01-2014, 11:11 PM
http://www.thresholdpodcast.com/threshold-episode-52-interview-overload/

This week on Threshold we’ll talk about the Gen Con promotions added, the free community tournament part deux, 128 player tournaments return, Set 2 spoiler from Cory, and ErrantSquire interviews Drew Walker about PvE.

Matt

Errantsquire
09-02-2014, 05:50 PM
Here's my card guys

Soil Aeronaut
"picture would depict a dwarf with a flying contraption diving into the ground with a drill attached, artwork would change to him popping out of the ground if you tunnel him"
Cost 4
1 Sapphire Threshold
Dwarf
Minor Gem
Tunneling 2
Flying, if tunneled this card loses flying.
You may play Soil Aeronaut at quick action speed.
Pay 5 return this card to your hand.
2/3
Flavor Text "The Soil Aeronaut's search the skies for valuable remnants of fallen space debris."

AswanJaguar
09-02-2014, 06:09 PM
You give him a minor socket in sapphire and then proceed to give him both of the minor sapphire gem abilities? Son, you done goofed. Also, what benefit do you get for tunnelling him, especially since he loses flight?

Krond
09-03-2014, 12:49 PM
The tunneling can give him pseudo-Speed because it could attack on turn 4 (if tunneled on turn 2). There's also the head games aspect... The gem doesn't have to be sapphire, but I agree that the slot loses a significant chunk of value when the card already has the abilities of its own shard.

AswanJaguar
09-03-2014, 01:42 PM
I hope Errantsquire doesn't take my criticism personally, I really like the idea of a Dwarf that has invented a flying machine that can survey the surface but can also dive into the earth to dig for ore. Kind of like riding a Pterobot with a drill bit on the front with a little Transformer built in. I do think that you generally want to avoid having socketed troops that have abilities that are available via the gems you can put in them.