PDA

View Full Version : Ingenuity engine - not creating uniques

Xenavire
09-02-2014, 05:38 AM
I am not sure if this is just a fluke, but I just used a ton of ingenuity engines and dwarven turbines to create almost every artifact in the game. I only missed 5 out of all of the artifacts (Cosmic Totem, Runic Monolith, Chimes of the Zodiac, Slaughtergear Renegade War Factory, and Argus Herald of Doom.)

As it happens, in a previous game, I created a lot, and none of the unique artifacts were created there either (although Cosmic Totem was.) So it seems that in over 100 activations, possibly over 200, I have not seen any of the three unique artifacts.

So, my theory is that either the text on ingenuity engine is wrong, these is a bug, or I have fluked my way through multiple games with none of the uniques being created.

Can anyone confirm that they have seen a unique be created by ingenuity engine since the last major patch?

Zoroaster
09-02-2014, 06:16 AM
Sounds plausible, if they are reusing code for both the Ingenuity engine and Uzume, but with different types (artifacts vs shinhare).

Xenavire
09-02-2014, 06:56 AM
http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn300/Xenavire/Enginetroubles.png

Just did another, over 100 items created, including Monolith - none of the uniques appeared.

I had wondered about the copy/paste of Uzume, but I could have sworn that I got slaughtergears way back in alpha, so it might just be a recent bug.

ossuary
09-02-2014, 08:01 AM
Well we've certainly had lots of other cards revert to very old code, so I wouldn't be surprised to find out that it was originally using Uzume's code copy and pasted, got fixed a long time ago, then got reverted in the most recent patch. That wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

Freebird_Falcon
09-02-2014, 04:38 PM
Palamedes' totem looks staggeringly huge in comparison to that insane field of micro cards ahaha

Xenavire
09-02-2014, 04:45 PM
Palamedes' totem looks staggeringly huge in comparison to that insane field of micro cards ahaha

Yeah, I was playing with ants vs his titan. :p

On that note, testing for bugs is easiest against Palamedes, if you inner conflict the totems and remove everything else - AI buffs useless things, you get free time to play as long as you need. :D