PDA

View Full Version : Funny tournament moments

ShadowM
09-02-2014, 10:57 AM
So this finaly happend in this game.2253
I have been wished cancer upon in many games so far but this is the first time in hex, it just cracked me up so i had to share it.
Post some of your funny ragequit moments :P

Xenavire
09-02-2014, 11:03 AM
I don't have any screencapped, but I have had a few ragequits from my opponents. Usually due to screw/flood, sometimes because they know they can't win, sometimes because I combo off and they are sick of it. I don't think I have ever had one ragequit due to just talking or anything.

Cancer... So, he wants you to eat crab and choke? :p (Sorry, bad joke, but my fiancee was playing FF14 last night, and there was a massive crab named Cancer, obviously based on the starsign.)

hex_colin
09-02-2014, 11:13 AM
No one ragequits against my "Colin" account. :(

Fortunately, the same people don't show the same restraint when playing against my anonymous account. ;)

N3rd4Christ
09-02-2014, 11:13 AM
I don't have any screencapped, but I have had a few ragequits from my opponents. Usually due to screw/flood, sometimes because they know they can't win, sometimes because I combo off and they are sick of it. I don't think I have ever had one ragequit due to just talking or anything.

Cancer... So, he wants you to eat crab and choke? :p (Sorry, bad joke, but my fiancee was playing FF14 last night, and there was a massive crab named Cancer, obviously based on the starsign.)

That dude is annoying. Right outside Costa del Sol ;P

nicosharp
09-02-2014, 11:15 AM
I don't think I've raged yet, but I'm sure I played several games without saying a word in chat. I guess some may consider that raging? Usually I just don't even look at it. Had a few really bad manner people, calling me no skill, etc. blaming everything under the sun before quitting. Baiting my every play. Telling me to quit because I can't possibly win. Run of the mill stuff. The most classic ones are the easiest to hit the ignore bin.

elfstone
09-02-2014, 11:45 AM
I had a few fun ones myself hehe It will always happen, ranting and raving is one thing, but personal attacks have always bugged me :p. I am more than willing to spend the time sending in a report on those. People just going off though can be fun times. Hell Ive gone off a couple times :p

malloc31
09-02-2014, 12:03 PM
He was being annoying and whiny. But you saying, "the way you have been playing is kinda like a joke", definitely didn't help things; I know if some one said that to me I would get pissed too.

Kami
09-02-2014, 12:08 PM
I think situations like this will actually get worse once public stats are in-game, such as win-loss records, rankings, etc.

MatWith1T
09-02-2014, 12:47 PM
No one ragequits against my "Colin" account. :(

Fortunately, the same people don't show the same restraint when playing against my anonymous account. ;)

Your anonymous account is a ******* noob that *** and **** with ***** and **** ****** ****** **** lucky ***** no skill ******
Source: Your ***, lulz

Congrats on Exalted, you are an upstanding gentleman! coughpaytowinnoobcough

Hex Set 3: MOBA of Fate!
:)

Xexist
09-02-2014, 01:23 PM
I will admit i get really bitchy sometimes, but I never blame the player. more like This is effing bullshit god damn mother effing RNG!

Vegvisir
09-02-2014, 01:31 PM
Yeah Xexist, I do the same, although generally crack a joke about it rather then rage at it. But essentially the same thing, different coping mechanisms. I understand when this happens and have made quite a few friends by being nice to people going through screw/flood in drafts.

The only bad player I came across was still quite polite about it, he raged at the RNG, conceded, then proceeded to call me a horrid player in general. I called him out on it and his excuse was he thought I wouldn't see it. But he still apologised, even if in a rude way too.

fido_one
09-02-2014, 01:34 PM
My best was against a streamer - knew the dude was a total jackass from a previous run in and knew he was streaming me... I managed a win (admittingly by dumb luck), tuned into his stream as soon as I won the round and watched him throw a temper tantrum. It was delicious.

I won't say the name but it's also someone you probably wouldn't recognize for a multitude of reasons.

Rehab
09-02-2014, 01:37 PM
My favorite so far was a guy i beat in the final round of a draft, not due to bugs but due to several mistakes on his part. Right before the round was over, he told me how much better at the game he was and that i didnt deserve to win...

SquallTiofae
09-02-2014, 01:46 PM
I had someone tell me how boring my deck was and that I should play something skill-intensive.

I like my prison-style decks, damn it, and as long as I can play them, I will.

parogui
09-02-2014, 04:04 PM
In draft finals a player once told me that how could it be possible that I reached finals with such a bad deck after winning game one due to flooding on my part. I then proceeded to win easily the last two games and said "Well, imagine how this would have turned out with a better deck" :)

Skirovik
09-02-2014, 07:55 PM
I like my prison-style decks, damn it, and as long as I can play them, I will.

What are "prison-style" decks?

Makizushi
09-03-2014, 11:39 AM
What are "prison-style" decks?

I imagine they are, like shivs, fashioned from mundane materials illicitly held back to be fashioned into a crude deck-of-sorts.