PDA

View Full Version : Quakenet IRC channel for Hex anyone?

BirdieG
09-02-2014, 06:27 PM
I tried to find the official IRC channel of Hex TCG, I thought it would be on Quakenet (quite a few games use Quakenet) but it wasn't, so I had that idea of reserving the channel #Hex.TCG (#Hextcg and #Hex were taken :eek:)
for some staff member to register it.
IRC is the best way for community to chat about decks, games, tournaments, card trading, off topic. It's a nice way to get to know each other.
I'm trying to get some Hex mods on that channel so they can register it.

irc.quakenet.org
#Hex.TCG

~Birdie

Kami
09-02-2014, 06:35 PM
The GameForge official one is technically over at irc.onlinegamesnet.net:6667 (or +6697 for SSL) @ #hextcg.com

The only catch is you have to be authenticated to join the channel and you have to register over at http://www.onlinegamesnet.net/authRegister.php

There's also at least another 5-6 other fan-run IRC Hex channels on various networks.

BirdieG
09-02-2014, 06:37 PM
Yea I found that channel the other day but I still think Quakenet is a better place for the community (Been there for about 4 years).

ossuary
09-02-2014, 07:04 PM
Can you explain what, exactly, one server offers over another? What makes quakenet a better place? What does it offer that the existing channels can't?

Lorovus
09-02-2014, 07:10 PM
In my opinion, there's nothing wrong having channels in various IRC networks. All better for the community when it expands. :)
As well if any from the staff wishes to hang out in any of those channels and talk with players and people, it's up to them, there is certainly no harm there. If that's all you're looking for, I personally think it's fine.
However, just as Kami said, official hextcg channel is over at OGN. That's all that need to be kept in mind imo.

BirdieG
09-03-2014, 08:13 AM
Well, yea. I'm not trying to close the other channel to start a new one :p.
It would be nice if I could get a few people and mods on that channel to chat :3

KingGabriel
09-03-2014, 08:45 AM
Kami you don't need to be authenticated.

Kami
09-03-2014, 08:57 AM
Kami you don't need to be authenticated.

Ah, they might've changed the channel rules. ^^;

BirdieG
09-03-2014, 11:28 AM
That's a channel mode which you can add/remove anytime :D