PDA

View Full Version : HEX Update - New Community Manager

Shaqattaq
09-05-2014, 05:26 PM
Hi HEXers! Itís been a busy week here in the offices post Labor Day weekend. For a general wrap-up, we had a hotfix go out early (whoops) and then we fixed that hotfix with a hotfix. That includes properly implementing the feature where players in the Proving Grounds who use the Play Random Opponent will receive 100 gold when they win their game! So, thatís pretty sweet.

https://hextcg.com/hex-update-new-community-manager/

Zophie
09-05-2014, 05:41 PM
Thanks for the update, cant wait to hear more from Phenteo!

Gorgol
09-05-2014, 05:46 PM
Thanks for the update, cant wait to hear more from Phenteo!

Same here.

iliux
09-05-2014, 05:48 PM
Is it me or does the link in the update link to Spoilers and Conventions (http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=37533&p=401501#post401501http://) instead of this post?
Welcome Phenteo :)
edit: okay seems it was me, it works now

Thoom
09-05-2014, 05:51 PM
Thanks for the update.

From last week's update:

Finally, I want to give you an update on the posters / shirts, etc.

We will be selling these via the Amazon.com store (rather than Cryptozoicís store). This will allow international players to purchase them and get reasonable shipping rates (and take advantage of Amazon Prime). Weíll announce the date and time when posters will go on sale in next Fridayís update.

Any news on that front?

Stok3d
09-05-2014, 05:52 PM
Thanks for the update.

From last week's update:

Any news on that front?

Welcome Phenteo!!!

I've also been anxiously awaiting the Poster news as well :)

Shaqattaq
09-05-2014, 05:53 PM
Thanks for the update.

From last week's update:

Any news on that front?

We have the solution. We just aren't ready to tell people when they'll go on sale.

Counter
09-05-2014, 05:59 PM
Please don't use any meme-s in the future. It just cheapens the whole post and makes it seem like it was done by a high schooler. It also breaks the entire fantasy aspect of the game. Just my opinion and if other people like it and I'm in the minority, so be it.

Thoom
09-05-2014, 06:00 PM
But you'll announce when they'll go on sale before they go on sale, right?

I just don't want to end up in a situation where I miss out because I wasn't checking my twitter/RSS/email obsessively 24/7.

Shaqattaq
09-05-2014, 06:05 PM

I just don't want to end up in a situation where I miss out because I wasn't checking my twitter/RSS/email obsessively 24/7.

Yup. Absolutely. We don't want you to miss out either. We will announce in advance.

Thoom
09-05-2014, 06:06 PM
Awesome, thanks!

Chark
09-05-2014, 06:07 PM

We'll give you plenty of time. We're going to do a test run of Fulfillment by Amazon using HEX shirts and hats. When that's on sale and is working successfully we'll announce a sale start date for the posters. We want to make sure that this process is fair to everyone.

firedancer27
09-05-2014, 06:21 PM
Please don't use any meme-s in the future. It just cheapens the whole post and makes it seem like it was done by a high schooler. It also breaks the entire fantasy aspect of the game. Just my opinion and if other people like it and I'm in the minority, so be it.

Hmm I think the image of a dude with a beard in a dress standing atop a birthday cake broke the whole high fantasy theme for me but I like that the game can make fun of itself.

Phenteo
09-05-2014, 06:33 PM
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! I am really excited to be here like I said before. I am joining a very passionate community.

I will also triple-check to make sure we announce the posters as soon as we can!

the_artic_one
09-05-2014, 06:41 PM
I disagree with your lingo Phenteo: "Gaming Industry" is slot machines "Games Industry" is video games. As someone who works on video games about slot machines I am compelled to make that distinction.

That said, welcome aboard!

Counter
09-05-2014, 06:42 PM
Hmm I think the image of a dude with a beard in a dress standing atop a birthday cake broke the whole high fantasy theme for me but I like that the game can make fun of itself.

Sure fair enough. Although not a big fan of the whole birthday cake thing, I can perfectly understand it. It's a reference to the marketing of the game and the games creator and the image was drawn by someone connected to the company.

The main problem with meme-s is they are often used by high schoolers and it's a mild form of plagiarism. Basically using someone else's image as your own. In an official communication, it just seems out of place. I would never let any of my staff members get away with something like that. I'm not saying fire anyone or anything, just seems out of place for an official communication.

Phenteo
09-05-2014, 06:43 PM
I disagree with your lingo Phenteo: "Gaming Industry" is slot machines "Games Industry" is video games. As someone who works on video games about slot machines I am compelled to make that distinction.

That said, welcome aboard!
Made a quick edit. Thank you for showing me the error of my ways! ;) Thank you very much for the warm welcome!

Littlejon24
09-05-2014, 06:49 PM
So what does a community manager do anyway? I'm curious on what all it entails.

Bekkir
09-05-2014, 06:55 PM
Welcome Phenteo!!!

Phenteo
09-05-2014, 06:59 PM
So what does a community manager do anyway? I'm curious on what all it entails.
Community Managers have many responsibilities, these can vary depending on the company. At HEX Entertainment, I will be overseeing most communications between the community and company, monitoring and admin for the forums/website/social media properties, in-game and live events, and reporting (to name a few).

Welcome Phenteo!!!
Thank you! :D

Gorgol
09-05-2014, 07:55 PM
We'll give you plenty of time. We're going to do a test run of Fulfillment by Amazon using HEX shirts and hats. When that's on sale and is working successfully we'll announce a sale start date for the posters. We want to make sure that this process is fair to everyone.

Thank you for letting us know.

Chiany
09-05-2014, 08:25 PM
First of all, welcome Phenteo!
Glad to see we (finally) have a CM on board. I hope you won't be overwhelmed...

We have the solution. We just aren't ready to tell people when they'll go on sale.

And that's why you (CZE) should not give out release dates if you're not sure you can keep that promise. You only give some people more ammo to shoot at you (which sadly I've been guilty of in the past).

About the PVE snippet, will this be in this form? Just text scrolling down a screen? Or will it actually play as ingame movies?

ossuary
09-05-2014, 08:40 PM
About the PVE snippet, will this be in this form? Just text scrolling down a screen? Or will it actually play as ingame movies?

Someone hasn't watched Cirouss's PVE spoiler interview with Cory. :)

This will show up as screens of text (in a relatively large font) on top of the art assets of the dungeon, that you click on when you're finished reading and it loads the next "slide" of the story text... like games used to do before studios decided to start spending millions of dollars rendering everything as cutscenes.

mudkip
09-05-2014, 08:49 PM
Is it me or does the link in the update link to Spoilers and Conventions (http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=37533&p=401501#post401501http://) instead of this post?
Welcome Phenteo :)
edit: okay seems it was me, it works now

The link in the post goes to the wrong forum thread. And then there's this:

As you explore its rotting halls, you slowly being to lose...
I'm not sure if the spelling error is meant to help people feel like they're losing their mind? Regardless, I hope there's a bit more proof reading in the future.

Chiany
09-05-2014, 09:35 PM
Someone hasn't watched Cirouss's PVE spoiler interview with Cory. :)

This will show up as screens of text (in a relatively large font) on top of the art assets of the dungeon, that you click on when you're finished reading and it loads the next "slide" of the story text... like games used to do before studios decided to start spending millions of dollars rendering everything as cutscenes.

No, I've seen it, but that felt like a slightly upgraded Powerpoint presentation to me...

i guess I was expecting something more after a year.

Littlejon24
09-05-2014, 11:25 PM
Community Managers have many responsibilities, these can vary depending on the company. At HEX Entertainment, I will be overseeing most communications between the community and company, monitoring and admin for the forums/website/social media properties, in-game and live events, and reporting (to name a few).

well it's good to know that CZE has a spokesperson. also, i bet the live events are something you are most anxious to do. they are usually pretty exciting

Edswor
09-06-2014, 12:38 AM
Welcome Phenteo.

Werlix
09-06-2014, 12:53 AM
Sure fair enough. Although not a big fan of the whole birthday cake thing, I can perfectly understand it. It's a reference to the marketing of the game and the games creator and the image was drawn by someone connected to the company.

The main problem with meme-s is they are often used by high schoolers and it's a mild form of plagiarism. Basically using someone else's image as your own. In an official communication, it just seems out of place. I would never let any of my staff members get away with something like that. I'm not saying fire anyone or anything, just seems out of place for an official communication.

Hah, I laughed at the meme and I'm not a high schooler :) Anyway, what's wrong with high schoolers? I say keep doing what you're doing, Hex... I dig your lighthearted style :)

And welcome, Phenteo :)

Odai
09-06-2014, 01:12 AM
The Meme Picture, just no. Never do that again!

Patrigan
09-06-2014, 01:30 AM
Welcome Phenteo!

magic_gazz
09-07-2014, 12:57 AM
I liked the meme. I don't want a formal quarterly report style article. It is nice that they don't take themselves too seriously.

Yoss
09-08-2014, 11:27 AM
I'd say I'm on the "no memes" side of things. Not a big deal though.

I'm looking forward to seeing what our new CM can do! If he does his job right, he'll be a very busy guy. ;)

Gwaer
09-08-2014, 01:12 PM
I think we've worked it out where if he does his job wrong I get his paycheck. Giving him a mulligan on the VIP email situation though.

ossuary
09-08-2014, 03:53 PM
So now he has to do his job with one less finger on his hand?

Shaqattaq
09-08-2014, 03:53 PM
Seems people are divided on hotfiXzibit!

Aradon
09-08-2014, 04:44 PM
Allow me to tip the scales in favor of!

I like CZE: work hard, play hard. You guys have a good sense of humor, and I don't feel like a silly side implies that you take your work any less seriously. I'm sure nobody's forgotten how a silly kickstarter video started this whole mess.

Mike411
09-08-2014, 06:48 PM
Seems people are divided on hotfiXzibit!

I loved it, for the record.

Vorsa
09-09-2014, 12:11 AM
Decision, decisions; I do like VIP (of course!), but didn't expect the tournaments to carry those fees...

Constructed months
Save 200-400 platinum on packs
Spend 500 platinum on a tournament
0 Wins = Overall behind buying AH packs
1 Wins = Overall a smidge up on buying AH packs
2 Wins = A bit ahead + 2 AA!
3 Wins = A way ahead + 2 AA!
4 Wins = Miles ahead + 4 AA!

Constructed months
Save 200-400 platinum on packs - but cannot open them
Spend 200-300 on 2 packs + 200 platinum on a tournament
0 Wins = Overall about even compared to buying AH packs
1 Wins = Overall a smidge up on buying AH packs
2 Wins = A bit ahead + 2 AA!
3 Wins = A way ahead + 2 AA!
4 Wins = Miles ahead + 4 AA!

ossuary
09-09-2014, 05:24 AM
VIP tournaments were always going to cost to enter, the subscription was to just give you access to them. Those AA are going to be worth BANK if you manage to get ahold of a few of them, especially down the road when they're discontinued. Hell, the AA Ozawa from GenCon 2013 goes for 25-40 now, and we're going to be able to get those in-game still. Imagine AA cards that only half of 5-10K players (estimating VIP) will have any of, ever... especially once we go to release and there are hundreds of thousands of players.