PDA

View Full Version : Complex bug, possible RE: turreted wall.

KingGabriel
09-05-2014, 06:28 PM
I took a LOT of screenshots (and this is pretty complex) as i was going - going to have to link my imgur. https://imgur.com/a/mA2du#0

Disconnected mid way through draft picking (it was def my network not hex), tried to login but was taking forever, swapped network and relaunched to log in and finished draft picking. R1 my blocking didn't go through twice when i clicked even though lines still showed.

R2 my troops would not die when blocking (they seemed invincible) - my opponent could still attack and deal damage but when assigning attackers and passing it didnt even try and attack with mine. I won through having a massive amount of hp and turreted wall slowly killing them.

R3 both mine and my opponents troops were invincible and it kept skipping my attack phase entirely. I conceded twice as this was giving my opponent a massive disadvantage and if it carried on only i would be able to deal damage with turreted wall.

(i think turreted wall is the problem)

Edit: i also had a large lag spike at one point, but it passed and didn't seem to affect anything.

Gwaer
09-05-2014, 07:42 PM
This sounds like a known bug that seems to be caused by some sort of weird de synch, did your opponent say that it didn't look like your troops were readying to him by any chance? Next time it happens try reconnecting, I've heard that will clear it up.

KingGabriel
09-05-2014, 08:18 PM
This sounds like a known bug that seems to be caused by some sort of weird de synch, did your opponent say that it didn't look like your troops were readying to him by any chance? Next time it happens try reconnecting, I've heard that will clear it up.

You clearly aren't reading it - this happened in ALL THREE ROUNDS.

ossuary
09-05-2014, 08:33 PM
Clearly CZE reserves all the best bugs for kings. Damn elitists. ;)

KingGabriel
09-05-2014, 08:43 PM
It would be funny if it weren't so stupid - I'm pretty sure the person in r2 thought i was hacking or something as he didn't say a word all game - not sure why i would hack to make only him do damage though ;p

Tinfoil
09-06-2014, 07:12 PM
I have experienced something similar - its pretty weird.

Phallanx87
09-06-2014, 10:14 PM
I had to same thing happen to me in a game. Some cards and interactions that might be the cause.

My opponent reported hitting the play first button, but i got to go first instead. Sync issue?

When the issue had happened, i had attacked with a banshee, headless executioner, and darkspire priestess. My opponent had just played Wind Whisperer the turn before. And played a mesmerize on my headless executioner. When My ready step occured, to me my other two troops had readied. To my opponent my banshee was still exhausted.

A thing to note with the bug, if you attempt to attack with the troop that appears exhuasted to him/her, regardless of what other troops are attacking, you will skip to your 2nd main phase regardless. If you don't choose that troop to attack, everything works as normal.

Mesmerize - same issue with the gralk working on cards in the opponents hand, but instead working on adjacent troops. Or maybe he had originally selected my banshee first, then went back and reselected.

'Cannot Block' keyword may have been interacting funky with mesmerize.

Windwhisperer was also on the field. I wanna say the banshee had only attacked one other time before any of this happened.

KingGabriel
09-07-2014, 03:34 AM
Well the first thing could just be a misclick, but I've had my opponent say that too at points (not this draft). Still wouldn't explain the invincible troops etc.