PDA

View Full Version : Friday Update

issowi
09-05-2014, 10:03 PM
I'm sure even with my small post count either you don't know me or a select few people label me a hater or doubter. That doesn't bother me.

What I want to clarify a few things. I don't dislike the business model, I don't dislike the structure/client built, I don't dislike the "strategy", I don't dislike the development team.

I do dislike the communication, I do dislike the speed, I do dislike the community, I do dislike the time to market and I am no longer inspired.

By now you are saying WTF does this have to do with the Friday Update. That Xzibit meme is fantastic. The humor the team "exhibits" on itself whilst in the midst of the chaos of releasing an open beta which is known as development is profound in itself.

I may not agree with certain aspects of development or the loyalist that defend it BUT the "class" the owner/development team has shown to endure is impressive.

Credit where credit is due.

N3rd4Christ
09-05-2014, 10:43 PM
All hail the devs!

*millions in the background in unison* HAIL!

RobHaven
09-05-2014, 11:25 PM
Wait...you dislike the community? :(

Littlejon24
09-05-2014, 11:33 PM
you can go back to paper TCGs where your opponent is usually someone who won't give you the time of day. the community for this game has above average behavior whether you realize this or not. the speed is due to a small company trying to make a game that is pioneering into a new genre of games. communication should be getting a boost, but we shall see (I also had a problem with this as a matter of fact). I don't even know what *time to market* means.

you have some issues with the direction the game is taking, but this seems more like impatience than anything

sukebe
09-06-2014, 03:05 AM
lol, not at all the kind of post I thought I was going to see, well done :)

While HexEnts communication is better than many of the companies I have dealt with, they could indeed use some more work in this department. I understand why they do not like giving set dates but I do wish we get some general estimations.

I also wish the game would be finished faster, though I figured it would take considerably longer than they estimated in the KS. It is taking longer than I thought it would to get to the PVE part of the game.

Lafoote
09-06-2014, 05:29 AM
If you don't like this community, you probably have terribly unrealistic expectations. You should see the Dota2 community, it's like a prison riot over there. I once saw a guy get shived for saying Zeus wasn't a KS.

I can't argue with much else you had to say though. I've been clocking the PvE progress with my sundial. Unfortunately, I think the communication issue is less a communication issue, and more there really isn't anything meaningful to say.