PDA

View Full Version : Can't complete Starter Trial

Cynic
09-09-2014, 11:48 AM
Hi there,

I've been trying to complete the starter trials, but something seems to be wrong. After I beat the first opponent, nothing happened. No message, no reward, nothing. I hit "resume starter trial", and got pitched against the same guy. After I beat him again, still nothing.

But now something's changed : the button is now called again "Starter Trial" (not resume), and when I click on him, the "Challenge AI" popup that appears tells me I haven't got a valid deck. I've checked, I do of course, still my starter deck I haven't modified, I even duplicated it just in case. Doesn't show in the list.

When I click the Challenge button, I'm given an all blood deck against the same deck. When I beat it, nothing happens. I've just checked again, and now it's Polonius against Polonius...

How can I resume my path on the starter trial and unlock my cards?

Your Display Name: Cynic
Bug Description: Starter Trials are stuck
Steps to Reproduce: No idea how to create it, but right now I just have to click on Starter Trial I guess
Frequency: N/A
Additional Information:

Yoss
09-09-2014, 11:50 AM
Strange one here. Might need a Hex employee. As far as I know, most people are able to do the trials and earn the cards. (I know I was, but that was several patches ago.)

Xenavire
09-09-2014, 12:06 PM
Have you received any in-game mails? Or noticed any new booster packs in your stash? There is a small chance that you actually beat all the rounds of the trial and earned the rewards.

Still, doesn't excuse the bugs, but may explain at least some of it.

Cynic
09-09-2014, 12:28 PM
Good catch, Xenavire! I *did* receive in-game email. 3 of them actually. I suppose there are three steps to the starter trials?

What's funny is that in total I did play 3 matches : 2 with my starter deck against Polonius, and one mirror match against the mono-blood orc (?). I'm pretty sure these aren't supposed to be the trials -- especially the last one -- but hey, it's still complete in a way.

I also had the starter pack and I assume I unlocked the cards in my collection, so case closed.

Still, strange way to start ;)

Thanks for your help guys!

Xenavire
09-09-2014, 02:23 PM
:D You are very welcome, glad you got it sorted out.