PDA

View Full Version : Credit Card # popping up in chat.

Evoker
09-14-2014, 06:01 PM
To put it simply i bought some platinum from the store, and i went back in game to play a draft game. I started to chat to the other card player when the entirety of my credit card # started pasting into the chat window.

I did not save nor did i copy my card from the store.

Yes i know my "V" button is the one used to paste copied text. No i did not save any text. I also did not hold down the ctrl button as this was happening.

I had to downsize the hex window since i was full screen with Ctrl + Esc, i found out that when the client is active and if you press ctrl it will lock it in place until you press it again then chat goes back to normal. Even if you are doing other things. Like writing a report.

Scared the hell out of me that I almost pasted my CC for the community to see. I don't know if its part of how the client works and i just found out the hard way. Reporting it as a just in case. In either case i'm going to cancel the card anyway.

.....Forfeited the draft :(

Yoss
09-15-2014, 10:37 AM
This gets back to something complained about a long time ago: Hex is forcing itself into administrator mode. It should not need this. Only the installer should need that level of access.

For me, I've had trouble with push-to-talk on Ventrillo when running Hex. I have to run Vent as admin in order to get it at high enough priority to catch the CTRL press for PTT.

DataDragon
09-16-2014, 11:41 AM
I've had this happen in windows before. For some reason, the control key or alt key will get 'stuck' and anything I type with have that on.
This isn't limited to our game, it is something windows os is doing. The way I've fixed is in the past is to hit keys on my keyboard and the os releases it.

In related news, we are looking into if we can prevent things like this happening in the future.
We'll let you know if we get it figured out.

Evoker
09-18-2014, 11:01 PM
Thank you for your response.