PDA

View Full Version : Solitary Exile Bug

legiont666
09-16-2014, 04:24 AM
Your Display Name: Legiont in game
Bug Description: Solitary Exile went into play i played nature reigns which destroyed the card as the effect was on the stack but it still removed the target card
Steps to Reproduce: Play solitary exile while the effect is being decided play Nature Reigns
Frequency: once just happened in a game
Additional Information:

ossuary
09-16-2014, 05:08 AM
This is not a bug, this is how abilities work in Hex. Once an ability has been put on the chain, it doesn't matter if you destroy the source, the ability will still resolve. This is actually how other TCGs which I shall not name function as well.

Think of it like firing a bullet from a gun. If you fire the gun, and then I knock the gun out of your hand, the bullet has still been fired. It doesn't disappear just because the gun is no longer in your hand - it will continue on to its intended destination regardless.

legiont666
09-16-2014, 05:13 AM
yeah but the card states that if it is removed the target card will be put back into play.

Which is to say if you take out the card before the effect is finished the effect should fizzle or dissipate or however you want to say it meaning the the effect target shouldn't be touched.

eimerian
09-16-2014, 05:15 AM
This is not a bug, just weird timing.
Just read carefully, what the cards say, and remember that the stack is last-in-first-out.

1) SE comes into play, a troop is targeted.
2) SE's void effect goes on the stack.
3) In response, NR is played targeting SE. It goes on the stack after SE's effect.
4) The stack resolves, starting with NR.
5) The SE constant is destroyed.
6) SE's "When-this-leaves-play"-trigger activates, but no card was voided by it at this point, so nothing happens.
7) The next item on the stack resolves, it's SE's void effect.
8) The target troop gets voided.

You have to wait for you card to be voided, then play Nature Reigns.

legiont666
09-16-2014, 05:19 AM
Ok now i know still strange though

Jinxies
09-16-2014, 05:24 AM
Yeah this isn't a bug, it's just how the game works. It's the same in several other games including MTG.

Xexist
09-16-2014, 09:22 PM
When you destroyed it, nothing had been removed, therefore there was nothing to return.

Makes sense if you think about it.