PDA

View Full Version : How is this even possible?

darkwonders
09-17-2014, 03:43 PM
So on weeks where I don't have a few hours to use my weekly draft tickets, I'll usually just queue up and rare draft. Once the drafting is done, I usually concede right away.

Last week when I did it, I ended up winning 2 packs. How is this even possible? If I forfeit the tournament before a match even starts, shouldn't I automatically lose?

N3rd4Christ
09-17-2014, 04:01 PM
Maybe someone else did the same and they were your opponent?

Kami
09-17-2014, 04:11 PM
Only case I can think of is that someone left during the draft picks and you got a bye before you forfeited?

dogmod
09-17-2014, 04:27 PM
If two people did this there would be 5 people with 0 losses, and I believe that one person of the 5 would get 2 packs. Not sure.

Yoss
09-17-2014, 04:46 PM
Was this Swiss or Competitive?

darkwonders
09-17-2014, 04:58 PM
Was this Swiss or Competitive?

Competitive.

Yoss
09-17-2014, 05:08 PM
Competitive.

Then it must be matching up two droppers in round 1 and picking one at random to move forward to semi-finals and give a bye to whoever is there. I suppose that could be intended to avoid giving any byes in round 1, but if I were one of the people who actually stayed I'd be rather upset at some of the prize pool being stolen by someone who didn't even play. This should be reported as a bug. The swiss matchmaking should not be used for Competitive. Byes should be eliminated at first opportunity so that players who are actually there can advance.

darkwonders
09-17-2014, 05:14 PM
Then it must be matching up two droppers in round 1 and picking one at random to move forward to semi-finals and give a bye to whoever is there. I suppose that could be intended to avoid giving any byes in round 1, but if I were one of the people who actually stayed I'd be rather upset at some of the prize pool being stolen by someone who didn't even play. This should be reported as a bug. The swiss matchmaking should not be used for Competitive. Byes should be eliminated at first opportunity so that players who are actually there can advance.

That's what I was thinking. I kinda feel bad that I got free packs for doing absolutely nothing.

Can a mod move this into the bug report section please?

majin
09-18-2014, 05:05 PM
i also rare draft nowadays, didn't thought about this possibility though

N3rd4Christ
09-18-2014, 05:06 PM
Please list the packs for 100 gold and problem solved. Make a newbie happy