PDA

View Full Version : My weekly VIP packs

eimerian
09-20-2014, 07:50 AM
So not even sure, if this is a bug.

I have redeemed a Champion and a Slacker code on my ingame account, which gives me 5 months of backer VIP.
Additionally, in July I bought 1 year of VIP.
I received one booster per week since then.

On September 8 the VIP program started for accounts, that redeemed backer codes.
From the information here (https://hextcg.com/vip-program-update/)

Your Free VIP time subscription from Kickstarter rewards will be different from the normal paid VIP subscription. It will trigger its own VIP tournament tickets and booster packs.
and here (https://hextcg.com/vip-program-update-2/)

To clarify: The 12 month VIP subscription purchase through the in-game store will add onto your current VIP subscription that you purchased through GameForge’s billing system. If you have Kickstarter or Slacker Backer VIP rewards, this will double-up your VIP subscription during the timeframe where you have your VIP rewards and VIP subscription.
it seems that I should be now getting 2 booster per week, but I don't.
Since September 8, I have received 1 booster per ingame mail from the VIP Escrow per week.

So what? Did I miss something? Is that a known bug? Should I contact support?

ossuary
09-20-2014, 10:36 AM
The Kickstarter VIP is not currently producing an in-game mail. It just drops a pack in your account. If you check your numbers, you will see you are up by one.

The purchased VIP drops its packs on the same day that you signed up, every week. The KS VIP started at the same time for everyone, which should be Tuesday evening, Pacific Time. They have said in the future they will give you an in-game message when the KS VIP is redeemed, but right now, it doesn't.

Xenavire
09-20-2014, 10:56 AM
I think he might be right Oss - I have gone up 3 packs in the last 7 days, and 2 of those were from a single win in a draft. I absolutely should have gone up 4 packs. I have no explanation except that there is something wrong.

Seems like I am being credited 1 pack from one of my VIP 'subs' per week, rather than one from each. Also down a VIP ticket, although the sounds like a separate issue (could be connected though, haven't heard the verdict on it yet.)

ossuary
09-20-2014, 11:49 AM
Again, they never said you would get them at the same time. They just said you'd be getting twice as many per week (one for your normal subscription, one for your backer VIP). Your subscription VIP packs come at the same time as always. The backer VIP packs come at the time the backer VIP was activated for everybody. That would be Mondays (Pacific). I accidentally misspoke in my last post and said Tuesdays, but it was Monday that it was activated (I just double checked my local records).

So nobody should expect to see another KS VIP pack until Monday. We got one on the 8th, and another on the 15th. The next will be on the 22nd. Everything is fine; do not panic. Relax and enjoy your shoes.

Xenavire
09-20-2014, 12:29 PM
Again, they never said you would get them at the same time. They just said you'd be getting twice as many per week (one for your normal subscription, one for your backer VIP). Your subscription VIP packs come at the same time as always. The backer VIP packs come at the time the backer VIP was activated for everybody. That would be Mondays (Pacific). I accidentally misspoke in my last post and said Tuesdays, but it was Monday that it was activated (I just double checked my local records).

So nobody should expect to see another KS VIP pack until Monday. We got one on the 8th, and another on the 15th. The next will be on the 22nd. Everything is fine; do not panic. Relax and enjoy your shoes.

Oss, please read - it has been about a week for me - if the first pack was meant to land on Monday, I should have gotten my second pack by Friday, since that was the day they would arrive based on my sub. I will wait until Monday, but I strongly suspect that I am going to be missing one or more packs.

ossuary
09-20-2014, 03:35 PM
You should be getting an in-game mail for your purchased VIP every single week. If you didn't get one of those, then yes, your account glitched or something. But the KS VIP isn't giving any notification at all right now, it just shows up in your account on Monday evening (again, Pacific time - for you Euro/Asian/Aussie dudes it's probably early Tuesday morning). You'll have to check your pack totals for that one.

I know that I've gotten both of the KS packs that I should have so far, but I keep meticulous track of everything in my account because of reasons (mostly OCD!), so it's easy for me to see when a new pack has dropped into my inventory. :)

Xenavire
09-20-2014, 03:56 PM
You should be getting an in-game mail for your purchased VIP every single week. If you didn't get one of those, then yes, your account glitched or something. But the KS VIP isn't giving any notification at all right now, it just shows up in your account on Monday evening (again, Pacific time - for you Euro/Asian/Aussie dudes it's probably early Tuesday morning). You'll have to check your pack totals for that one.

I know that I've gotten both of the KS packs that I should have so far, but I keep meticulous track of everything in my account because of reasons (mostly OCD!), so it's easy for me to see when a new pack has dropped into my inventory. :)

You know what, I have only gotten one in-game mail for packs the whole time I have been VIP - I know its a recent addition, but I should have gotten a lot more by the sounds of it. (I did get mails about the renewal of my VIP each month until it got cancelled though.)

ossuary
09-20-2014, 04:26 PM
Then I have no idea what's going on with that. :)

I've always gotten a mail, but I've only been able to afford VIP since August, so I don't know when the auto-email started. But I get a mail every week when my normal pack drops (not the KS pack, as discussed), in addition to the one I got when I first activated the account confirming that it had been added to my account.

Stok3d
09-20-2014, 06:23 PM
I do agree, an ingame mail on KS packs would be appreciated. I honestly have no idea if I've gotten mine or not as I find it difficult to keep track of my pack counts.

jonsnow2000
09-22-2014, 02:25 PM
Should we have gotten our weekly KS VIP pack by now? It is 11:23 PM CET here which is 7:23 PM US east coast. I seem to have gotten them the last two weeks, but definitely not this week so far.

ossuary
09-22-2014, 02:41 PM
I'm still not sure exactly what time the KS VIP packs drop, since we're not getting mails for them yet, but I think it was later in the evening Pacific (west coast US) time. Like closer to the time that the Friday updates get posted. I'll check back later this evening and report if/when my pack drops - hopefully I'll be online and see it happen so I can better nail down the time.

DataDragon
09-22-2014, 03:48 PM
Xenavire: Your original VIP expired on 8/28, and your kickstarter VIP started on 9/08.
You are only getting 1 pack a week due to the kickstarter VIP.

If the expiration of the original VIP is incorrect, you'll want to put in a ticket to have them track that down.

Using ossuary as an example, they have an active original VIP and an active kickstarter VIP, and are getting their 2 packs a week, just not at the same exact time. One occurred on 9/20, and one occurred today (as of this posting, about 45 minutes ago).

I will keep spot checking this, but it appears that everything is working correctly.

Xenavire
09-22-2014, 06:59 PM
Xenavire: Your original VIP expired on 8/28, and your kickstarter VIP started on 9/08.
You are only getting 1 pack a week due to the kickstarter VIP.

If the expiration of the original VIP is incorrect, you'll want to put in a ticket to have them track that down.

Using ossuary as an example, they have an active original VIP and an active kickstarter VIP, and are getting their 2 packs a week, just not at the same exact time. One occurred on 9/20, and one occurred today (as of this posting, about 45 minutes ago).

I will keep spot checking this, but it appears that everything is working correctly.

I was automatically billed for VIP on the 29th of August - looks like I am off to open a support ticket then.

DataDragon
09-22-2014, 07:13 PM
Check your count again. I believe the outlier fix I ran for Nicosharp and Manofpeace fixed the count for you as well.

Xenavire
09-22-2014, 07:30 PM
I am not sure if I am seeing the King tier free VIP pack for the week, or if I got a pack back, but the count seems off - mind double checking if everything from the 29th arrived OK?

I did get the missing VIP ticket however, so if everything is fixed I need to kill that support ticket haha.

DataDragon
09-22-2014, 07:37 PM
Xenavire: Your booster pack for this week hasn't happened yet. Looks like it will arrive tomorrow.

Xenavire
09-22-2014, 07:38 PM
Xenavire: Your booster pack for this week hasn't happened yet. Looks like it will arrive tomorrow.

Thanks - looks like I am all up to date then. Need to go stop that ticket... :p

eimerian
09-23-2014, 12:00 AM

Have looked into mine aswell?

ossuary
09-23-2014, 03:27 AM
I can indeed confirm that the KS VIP pack dropped last night, sometime between 6:30 PM and 8:30 PM my local time (2:30 to 4:30 Pacific). So that is the time it should be dropping for everybody, every Monday. Once they are able to patch in the mail notification, it should be much easier for everyone to track. :)

DataDragon
09-23-2014, 11:50 AM
Have looked into mine aswell?

Your ticket count is already correct.

ossuary: Are you still not getting emails for the new VIP booster packs?
That should have been hotfixed already.
If its not, I'll need to inform someone.

ossuary
09-23-2014, 12:06 PM
There was no VIP email for the KS pack on Monday evening. So either the hotfix didn't happen, or it didn't work, or it got applied too late to affect this week's notifications. :)

Xenavire
09-23-2014, 01:17 PM

Do you know what time it should land? Just logged in, still don't see it - not sure if I am early or not, but I am sure my number didn't change.

eimerian
09-24-2014, 03:27 AM
Your ticket count is already correct.

Ok, thanks.
I got a booster yesterday, without escrow email.

Xenavire
09-24-2014, 06:42 AM
Alright... Support seems to have everything dealt with on the packs side (I will keep an eye on the weekend for my next pack to drop, just to be sure.)

But... Now I have one too many VIP tickets. I had the expected amount before they fixed everything, so now I have one ticket extra. I don't have a lot of free time to chase this up, but maybe someone can check it out for me? Like a certain Dragon? :p

DataDragon
09-24-2014, 04:54 PM
Xenavire: Removed your extra ticket.

Xenavire
09-24-2014, 05:04 PM
Xenavire: Removed your extra ticket.

Cheers. :)

Mike411
09-25-2014, 12:36 AM
Huge respect for the honesty.

Xenavire
09-25-2014, 04:08 AM
Huge respect for the honesty.

I have never wanted more than I am legitimately owed - I am not sure if it is a character flaw or character feature... :p

jonsnow2000
09-25-2014, 06:44 AM
There was no VIP email for the KS pack on Monday evening. So either the hotfix didn't happen, or it didn't work, or it got applied too late to affect this week's notifications. :)

I can confirm I didn't get a Mail either, but I did get the pack

KingGabriel
09-26-2014, 07:41 AM
I have never wanted more than I am legitimately owed - I am not sure if it is a character flaw or character feature... :p
Oh, It's easy to not be like that, just convince yourself that you are owed the world. :P
I've asked for support to take tickets back when i realize it was an error on my part.

Xenavire
09-26-2014, 09:35 AM
Oh, It's easy to not be like that, just convince yourself that you are owed the world. :P
I've asked for support to take tickets back when i realize it was an error on my part.

Luckily for me, I haven't really had to deal with being wrong - but that comes as a result of absorbing so much Hex info, I generally know what is bugged and what isn't, etc. So I never put in a report incorrectly, at least, not so far. :p

KingGabriel
09-26-2014, 09:49 AM
Luckily for me, I haven't really had to deal with being wrong - but that comes as a result of absorbing so much Hex info, I generally know what is bugged and what isn't, etc. So I never put in a report incorrectly, at least, not so far. :p Well, i know stuff like that now - it was mostly the first couple of times it happened.

Xenavire
09-27-2014, 08:51 AM
Right, this is frustrating - I don't think I got this weeks pack from my existing sub. I have no way at all of knowing which weeks I have been skipped on, but I am almost positive this is one of them (unless support did something very strange to my account, my VIP shouldn't expire yet, and I should get my final pack this week.)

All my packs should have been arriving on Friday nights, as far as I can remember, so the fact that I am one short again is really frustrating. Why couldn't this be simple? :p

Just to note, this has nothing to do with my Kickstarter months, which seem to be firing properly.