PDA

View Full Version : Eternal Guardian Causing opposing champion to receive no damage.

Redemption
09-22-2014, 09:29 PM
Your Display Name: Redhauz

Bug Description: Had an Eternal Guardian created via the Ingenuity Engine. When I would attack my opponent (Display Name FunkytownUSA) with my other troops he would take zero damage.

Steps to Reproduce: Have an Inginuity Engine generate an Eternal Guardian. I also had a crap ton of worker bots, two Worker Bot Factories, a Dwarven Engine, a couple of Gearsmiths. When we realized he was taking no damage, FunkytownUSA was cool enough to help troubleshoot this. We did a test with me sending my Eternal Guardian at him, and he used a Repel to destroy it. After it was destroyed, Funky could receive damage again.
Frequency: The circumstances have only been encountered once.

Additional Information: Match was created via Random Opponent Challenge. While you're at it. Could you update the text on Eternal Guardian and remove the ambiguous term "you" and replace it with either "This troop" or "Your Champion" based on the intended status effect.

wolzarg
09-22-2014, 09:33 PM
This is a bug with the creature it seems how it is generated doesn't apply.

FunkytownUSA
09-23-2014, 07:43 AM
I was the opponent. This happened exactly as Redhauz described it. Let me second the need for text clarification on "you". From brief research, it seems you can damage the Eternal Guardian, but Champion and all other troops are immune from damage, but that's not intuitive from the card text.

Xexist
09-23-2014, 11:42 AM
I was the opponent. This happened exactly as Redhauz described it. Let me second the need for text clarification on "you". From brief research, it seems you can damage the Eternal Guardian, but Champion and all other troops are immune from damage, but that's not intuitive from the card text.

What did you expect you could have meant? You is pretty intuitive in my opinion.

kaiizza
09-25-2014, 09:37 PM
"you" are the champion when you play a deck. They mean the same thing so you is fine. You have to try really hard to misinterpret this cards effects. "other troops" will always exclude the card with this text as that is what "other" means.