PDA

View Full Version : Construction Plans: War Hulk bug

Midgaard
09-23-2014, 08:53 AM
Just had a game where my opponent transformed his plans with only 3 counters (all from his War Machinist; all his other troops were sacrificed to block my troops before they could un-exhaust). Not only that but it also came into play un-exhausted.

N3rd4Christ
09-23-2014, 08:57 AM
Even if creatures block they can be used formwar hulk.... Blocking does not exhaust

Midgaard
09-23-2014, 09:30 AM
Yes but they were still suffering from summoning sickness and hence no, they couldnt exhaust. Only his first turn machinist was contributing to the hulk.

noragar
09-23-2014, 09:40 AM
Summoning sickness prevents the troops from initiating an action themselves which would cause them to exhaust, but they can still be exhausted by some external source like Construction Plans, Gralk, or Wind Whisperer.

Diesbudt
09-23-2014, 09:47 AM
The troops do not do anything. The war plans exhausted the blocking troops. Since it is another card forcing the exhaustion, it doesn't matter if the troops are "summon sick" or not.

All "summon sickness" prevents is that troops OWN exhaustion power.

What you described is not a big, just something you didn't know about how the game works.

Diesbudt
09-23-2014, 09:48 AM
The troops do not do anything. The war plans exhausted the blocking troops. Since it is another card forcing the exhaustion, it doesn't matter if the troops are "summon sick" or not.

All "summon sickness" prevents is that troops OWN exhaustion power.

What you described is not a big, just something you didn't know about how the game works.

Midgaard
09-23-2014, 09:52 AM
Still doesn't explain how the war hulk came into play un-exhausted. The war hulk activated on his turn not on mine.

Diesbudt
09-23-2014, 10:03 AM
I'm guessing it did come into play exhausted. I bet he did the last counter during your end phase so immediately his turn starts and all things unexhausted

Xenavire
09-23-2014, 10:25 AM
Either a bug, or he had a Dwarven Turbine etc.

Also, keep in mind that there are some display issues - a transforming card will often transition between exhausted and un-exhausted before settling on one (which is almost always the correct one, barring bugs.)

Yoss
09-23-2014, 11:36 AM
I believe "troop trauma" is the term you all are looking for.

Xexist
09-24-2014, 11:45 AM
I believe "troop trauma" is the term you all are looking for.

*thumbs up*